shape
carat
color
clarity

Opal rings - how do they last?

Timor

Shiny_Rock
I have been following this thread because I bought a pre-owned Opal on eBay. The color play is Lovely,but it has a dull finish. Can it be re-polished? Forgive the thread Jack, please.

Would love to know the answer to this!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
are we back yet ? :lol-2:

I was called down to the jeweler’s so they could confess about the diameter loss. We put our heads together and came up with a plan to fill in the gap, because it is going back in the original setting. Here is the listing photo. It needed prong work anyway. Soon will be home, I hope! The platinum prongs were retipped with white gold, so it’s a bit of a job.

(sorry for the threadjack, OP!) 9A55460E-C5FA-4AFE-BB80-1565BB2C8E21.png

Timor

Shiny_Rock
I was called down to the jeweler’s so they could confess about the diameter loss. We put our heads together and came up with a plan to fill in the gap, because it is going back in the original setting. Here is the listing photo. It needed prong work anyway. Soon will be home, I hope! The platinum prongs were retipped with white gold, so it’s a bit of a job.

(sorry for the threadjack, OP!) 9A55460E-C5FA-4AFE-BB80-1565BB2C8E21.png

No problem at all, actually welcomed as I opened the thread to learn about opal ring durability and care in the first place.
This is a fabulous ring, hope the prong works to make up for the change in diameter!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results