shape
carat
color
clarity

Oops..I'm doing it again...I've found an Octagonal Aquamarine!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BA0FF0BE-43DA-4DC1-B57C-D08C0D8E04F5.jpeg 48D92D9E-9707-43D0-B425-810E1E67BA7B.jpeg Guess what! I recently came across this in a jewellers window. It’s very similar to what I’m planning, though I’ll probably change elements of how the setting looks ie. prongs/claws etc, in consultation with my jeweller.
This has a huge 9.10ct Aquamarine and 0.63ct Trilliants, which are very similar in size to my 0.70tcw pair but my Aqua is smaller.
It’s lovely to see a ring so similar to what I’m planning.:appl:
I often take photos of beauties through jewellers windows...while my lovely husband turns away with embarrassment...I do feel very silly doing it, but just must do it...is it only me who’s mad!? :loopy:

Snow White

Rough_Rock
Your aquamarine is gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what you will make with it :)!

Just for inspiration,as I Also have finger size 6
This is a 11x8mm heated sapphire.
A23AEF88-AE78-448E-AC50-47132535735C.jpeg 05323E87-1E1C-4D70-8478-1D420BE03ABF.jpeg

To compare, this was my original ring with 9X7 mm sapphire and 0,5ctw trillons diamonds
7 photo 5 gros plan.jpg

The Trillon setting was very classic and elegant but I was very disappointed with the trillions diamonds: very shiny in the jewelry workshop but not any more on my finger. That is the reason why I changed setting style after the original ring was stolen last year.

Attachments

• 9F3FE730-2876-4330-B97C-AAA9070913B8.jpeg
    9F3FE730-2876-4330-B97C-AAA9070913B8.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 80

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Snow White, Wow, your ring is absolutely gorgeous, I love the baguettes and rbc mixed together, the Sapphire looks fabulous too and I like the air gap on your setting, simply elegant and divine.
Thank you for posting the photos it’s great to see an 11mm on a size 6 finger ...ooh now I’m back to thinking a halo setting would be nice...but for now I’d better stick to my Trilliants, once I see them with the Aqua in person I think I’ll be more confident!
It’s so sad that your previous ring was stolen, that must be heart breaking!

I’ve heard that Aquas also get dirty easily and don’t always look their best, so with the Aqua and the Trilliants together! I think I’m going to have to keep this ring very clean for it to perform well, although it will be a dress ring.

I hope you’re thoroughly enjoying you new ring, it’s gorgeous, especially so after losing it’s fore-runner. Thanks and best wishes.

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
@Hounddog Your aquamarine is stunning and I love it with the side trilliants. Please tell me where you found this aqua - it's a perfect seagreen shade :)

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Wombats, Thank you, that very kind, it’s always lovely to get good feedback about my Aqua and the design.
The Aqua was sourced by my jeweller (who also found the Trilliants) and will be doing the rest of the ring. He takes great care to find good gem stones for his customers, he had a series of different Aquas in a while ago and I ‘nabbed’ this one .
He’s actually a Jewellery Workshop and does truly fantastic stuff, almost all handmade in the tradition crafting style, mostly to bespoke order as he has no shop front, though other companies do use him to make items for them.
He’s based in London, England, so it might not be helpful to you as I believe you’re in Australia, though he does have some international clients.

If you’re looking for a similar Green-Blue Aqua I’m sure you will find them in Australia, I know you have some wonderful jewellers there who’s work has been shown here on PS. I’m sorry I can’t remember any names at the moment, but I’m sure someone here could tell you have their names.

Thanks Wombats, love your name :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results