shape
carat
color
clarity

Onyx & diamond ring

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I met up with Arcadian at Intergem yesterday and I picked up this fellow from an antique dealer there. The center diamond is about a .95ct transitional cut, the black pieces are onyx that have been cut to fit and the setting is platinum. The dealer estimated that the setting was made around the 1940s or 1950s.

kiz-onyxdiamond8.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond7.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond6.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

kiz-onyxdiamond2.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond3.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond5.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond4.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a great design. I really like it.

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read the title I thought, hmm, probably not going to be my taste...but I love it!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring Kismet and some awesome finger coverage!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I search ebay often for vintage pieces containing onyx. I love the contrast of the diamonds against the smooth black surface :) It's beautiful and wear it in good health :appl:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
That's really lovely! I love the setting.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is great! I also read the thread title and didn't expect to like what I was about to see, but I really do love it! Great find!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Lovely and unique! Congrats on your find!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet, that's one of the most gorgeous rings I've seen! I love the cut of the diamond, the millegrain, that flower pattern, the contrast between the diamond and the onyx, the profile of the ring. It's just a work of art. Was it you who said you'ed seen a diamond-onyx ring a while ago and missed out on buying it? This one is gorgeous!

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful !!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
This is great Kizzy! I love the look! I want something like that in a men's ring with spinel... So beautiful!

I knew I should went to the Marlborough show!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
How stunning.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a cool find! Love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marvellous!

cheers--Sharon

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've never been big on enamel pieces, but I do adore delicate filagree work and I love deco pieces. Your ring is spectacular! Enjoy it. ;-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.

I had no idea what to expect, opening this thread - but I wasn't expecting to gape!! That is BEAUTIFUL Kismet :love: :love: :love: What a lovely, elaborate piece - the contrast must be amazing IRL :sun: :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Yssie, Wink's Elf, canuck-gal, stargurl78, Novel, davi, frenchgirl, baby nurse, Ganesha, Dreamer_D, Amys Bling, mrswahs, vintagelover229, artdecogirl, tyty333, tannet, Farleysmom, and bright ice for your kind words. I do love it. The diamonds are so bright and have a lot of flash.

baby nurse said:
Was it you who said you'ed seen a diamond-onyx ring a while ago and missed out on buying it? This one is gorgeous!
That wasn't me. I think it might have been Decodelighted.

davi_el_mejor said:
This is great Kizzy! I love the look! I want something like that in a men's ring with spinel... So beautiful!

I knew I should went to the Marlborough show!
The show is still going on through Sunday the 8th if you can make it. I don't recall the dealer having any more masculine looking rings though. They did have a killer 4.5 ct marquise diamond that was gorgeous though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results