shape
carat
color
clarity

Onyx & diamond ring

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I met up with Arcadian at Intergem yesterday and I picked up this fellow from an antique dealer there. The center diamond is about a .95ct transitional cut, the black pieces are onyx that have been cut to fit and the setting is platinum. The dealer estimated that the setting was made around the 1940s or 1950s.

kiz-onyxdiamond8.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond7.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond6.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond1.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond2.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond3.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond5.jpg

kiz-onyxdiamond4.jpg

Beautiful :love:

What a great design. I really like it.

I love it!!

When I read the title I thought, hmm, probably not going to be my taste...but I love it!

Gorgeous ring Kismet and some awesome finger coverage!

I love it! I search ebay often for vintage pieces containing onyx. I love the contrast of the diamonds against the smooth black surface :) It's beautiful and wear it in good health :appl:

That's really lovely! I love the setting.

It really is great! I also read the thread title and didn't expect to like what I was about to see, but I really do love it! Great find!!

I love it!

Lovely and unique! Congrats on your find!

Kismet, that's one of the most gorgeous rings I've seen! I love the cut of the diamond, the millegrain, that flower pattern, the contrast between the diamond and the onyx, the profile of the ring. It's just a work of art. Was it you who said you'ed seen a diamond-onyx ring a while ago and missed out on buying it? This one is gorgeous!

Beautiful !!!

This is great Kizzy! I love the look! I want something like that in a men's ring with spinel... So beautiful!

I knew I should went to the Marlborough show!

How stunning.

What a cool find! Love it!

HI:

Marvellous!

cheers--Sharon

I've never been big on enamel pieces, but I do adore delicate filagree work and I love deco pieces. Your ring is spectacular! Enjoy it. ;)

WOW.

I had no idea what to expect, opening this thread - but I wasn't expecting to gape!! That is BEAUTIFUL Kismet :love: :love: :love: What a lovely, elaborate piece - the contrast must be amazing IRL :sun: :love:

Thank you Yssie, Wink's Elf, canuck-gal, stargurl78, Novel, davi, frenchgirl, baby nurse, Ganesha, Dreamer_D, Amys Bling, mrswahs, vintagelover229, artdecogirl, tyty333, tannet, Farleysmom, and bright ice for your kind words. I do love it. The diamonds are so bright and have a lot of flash.

baby nurse said:
Was it you who said you'ed seen a diamond-onyx ring a while ago and missed out on buying it? This one is gorgeous!
That wasn't me. I think it might have been Decodelighted.

davi_el_mejor said:
This is great Kizzy! I love the look! I want something like that in a men's ring with spinel... So beautiful!

I knew I should went to the Marlborough show!
The show is still going on through Sunday the 8th if you can make it. I don't recall the dealer having any more masculine looking rings though. They did have a killer 4.5 ct marquise diamond that was gorgeous though!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP