shape
carat
color
clarity

Online vendor for loose colour stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
Would you please recommend reputable online vendor(s) for loose gem stone (aquamarine, peridot, or blue topaz)? Thank you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some posters have bought from, and have been happy with:
www.multicolour.com
www.ajsgems.com

I buy from, and am happy with:
www.artcutgems.com (Richard M. is knowledgeable, generous with his expertise, and more than fair)
www.paraibainternational.com

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Are online vendors generally cheaper than buying stones loose from retail?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to say -- I don''t know any brick and mortar loose stone retailers. Maybe someone who does will chime in.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love ACS It's more expensive than the others, but described perfectly and higher quality of cutting. ACS has free shipping also.

I know some B&M loose gemstone stores, and prices seem comparable-only with ordering from some sites on the internet you have to pay for shipping, so that kind of sucks. And it's nice to see stuff in person before you purchase it. Of course my gemstone shop is in a semi-scary part of town in a low rent kind of area, but they have some pretty nice stuff.

I bought two stones combined cost of about $25 from Gemselect, but after shipping and taxes it cost me $38. Granted, it was coming from Thailand, but still....

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I buy from Richard M at www.artcutgems.com

He is great with advice and taking a lot of trouble over finding the ''right'' stone for your needs.

I also buy from Wink Jones - www.winkjones.com

He has great sources for coloured stones - my tsavorite came from him and I have some sphene coming via him that Richard Homer found me at Tucson.

I love Palagems - www.palagems.com, but they are trade only (Wink sources from them).

Multicolour has lots of interesting pieces, but you have to look hard to find the good ones.

I don''t know that online is necessarily cheaper, but I prefer it because I have a bigger choice and more chance of finding what I like. However, I am VERY picky and 99% of the time put a lot of research and thought into every purchase. I''m not really interested in stones just because they might look pretty in a pendant etc. I will wait for one of the best of it''s type normally.

I also enjoy the hunt!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t forget Gary Dutton at www.diamondexpert.com

I prefer online for the selection plus, they do tend to be a little cheaper than B&M stores.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
And of course, here I am to toss in the plug for Wildfish. I''m not a collector (I have one whole stone.. whee!) but Ed was a pleasure to work with and we thought their selection was great.
1.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 8:32:35 PM
Author: pamplemousse
And of course, here I am to toss in the plug for Wildfish. I''m not a collector (I have one whole stone.. whee!) but Ed was a pleasure to work with and we thought their selection was great.
1.gif
And inquiring minds are still patiently waiting for a pic!!
9.gif

Didja get your camera yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results