shape
carat
color
clarity

One stud is bigger than the other. Does this happen?

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry that this is taking so long and ended up not being easy. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will all be resolved and you will have your beautiful new sparklies in your ears for everyone to admire!

It's hard to be patient, I know.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkprashu|1307993329|2944905 said:
I am also worried that if one of the diamonds turns out smaller than the other and if he can't find a good replacement for it I will have to wait longer to get something that matches and potentially pay more money considering the prices are going up and up.

I asked Jamie to take a picture with both the diamonds after they are taken out of the bezel and send it to me. She has just sent me an email that I will receive the pics by the end of this week. I have sent the diamonds back on the 2nd and I had to wait a week to speak to Brian and have to wait another week to receive pics of the diamonds next to each other. This is just taking a little bit too long for me to be patient. This is so frustrating. I started this is in mid April and this is mid June almost and still have no clear idea when this will be done. I am done ranting now but I am kicking myself that I did not go with WhiteFlash for this project.

Can you get a refund and start all over? Why can they not get the pics of the unset diamonds to you earlier? That seems like an easy thing to do. I'm not understanding the delays either. :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, goodness! I am sorry it is taking longer than expected but between your trip and their daughter's wedding, I don't think the timeline could be helped very much!

Why did you decide against staying with the milgrain bezels? I am just interested since I have thought about that setting for earrings since I have the bezel pendant.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Ds2006 , after going through 2 issues in a row with the bezel setting just mad me fall out of love with them. Also for some reason I felt the diamonds did not sparkle as much in that setting and they would quickly get dirty. I have a bezel set diamond pendant from blue Nile with a j si1 0.35ct diamond that in a bezel open basket style setting and it seems to sparkle a lot. So I just think it is the bgd setting that makes the diamond attract a lot of dust.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Nfowife, thanks for your supporting words. I am just surprised that if Brian's daughter is getting married their entire business slows down. What about other staff members? Can they not help with anything?

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Laila619, my husband is saying that same thing you said get the refund and look else where. So that is an option on the table right now. At this point I just want to get the diamonds set in the 4 prong basket setting if they match in size. I don't want to go through the whole process again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkprashu|1308013989|2945189 said:
Ds2006 , after going through 2 issues in a row with the bezel setting just mad me fall out of love with them. Also for some reason I felt the diamonds did not sparkle as much in that setting and they would quickly get dirty. I have a bezel set diamond pendant from blue Nile with a j si1 0.35ct diamond that in a bezel open basket style setting and it seems to sparkle a lot. So I just think it is the bgd setting that makes the diamond attract a lot of dust.

I see! My studs are in 4 prong baskets and I do think that is a very safe choice. I do understand your frustration with all the problems.

(I am pretty sure it is just Brian and Leslie and two sales people. So with Brian and Leslie gone, I think nothing much can happen other than normal sales. After recently having my own daughter get married, I do understand that there are tremendous time pressures, plus they were having the wedding in another part of the country which complicated it even more.)

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
I think I can see what oldminer is talking about when he is saying that different people using the milgrain tool would use different angles with the bezelling. (My terminology is so bad but hope you know what I am saying).

If you have a look at the earring on the right in those pictures I can see that at the top the milgrain edge seems to be slightly bent upwards compared to the earring on the left. I'm no expert but I think that something like that could be easily fixed and then the earrings would look exactly the same.

Don't stress I think they can sort it and I don't think you have to start over from scratch or go elsewhere for your earrings! It totally sucks that you have to go through this and not have it done right first time though :((

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1308015667|2945217 said:
pinkprashu|1308013989|2945189 said:

I see! My studs are in 4 prong baskets and I do think that is a very safe choice. I do understand your frustration with all the problems.

(I am pretty sure it is just Brian and Leslie and two sales people. So with Brian and Leslie gone, I think nothing much can happen other than normal sales. After recently having my own daughter get married, I do understand that there are tremendous time pressures, plus they were having the wedding in another part of the country which complicated it even more.)

And Brian is the photographer! It is really a small family operation.

I know that does not help when you are frustrated with the pace of things or when mistakes happen, but it is the reality. I would be frustrated too in your position.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkprashu|1307993329|2944905 said:
I have an update for you all. I got to speak with Brian on Friday after sending the studs back on the 2nd(Brian's daughter is getting married this weekend and so he was not available all week except Friday to talk to me). And he said he could clearly see the difference. He said that he can remake the bezel of one of the studs to match the other one. But I told him that I have a change of heart and would like to instead have the diamonds set in BGD 4 prong setting in platinum. He said that is fine but wants to have the diamonds taken off the bezels first to inspect the diamonds to see if they are good match in size. He was also suggesting that they will get new inventory this week and that he can try to find me a better pair. For me this is interesting because on paper the diamonds are pretty similar in size so I am not sure if he is indicating that one of the diamonds is smaller than the other. Size aside the diamonds are worn on different ears so I am not so concerned with the lgf's and table sizes etc.(even though I would love them to be twins). I am also worried that if one of the diamonds turns out smaller than the other and if he can't find a good replacement for it I will have to wait longer to get something that matches and potentially pay more money considering the prices are going up and up.

I asked Jamie to take a picture with both the diamonds after they are taken out of the bezel and send it to me. She has just sent me an email that I will receive the pics by the end of this week. I have sent the diamonds back on the 2nd and I had to wait a week to speak to Brian and have to wait another week to receive pics of the diamonds next to each other. This is just taking a little bit too long for me to be patient. This is so frustrating. I started this is in mid April and this is mid June almost and still have no clear idea when this will be done. I am done ranting now but I am kicking myself that I did not go with WhiteFlash for this project.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having all these problems and that the issue hasn't been resolved yet.

May I make a suggestion? Let Brian look for another pair for you. It sounds to me (though of course I don't know why) that the diamonds may be mis-matched. Perhaps there's an error with one of the certs? Perhaps the wrong diamond was set and sent out? Who knows? But if Brian offers to get you another pair that match exactly in size and that are to yr spec requirements, then I'd be very confident that that is what he's going to do - to make it right. And I'm sure that he wouldn't expect you to cough up more money either. After all, it is not your fault that the diamonds don't match.

And I agree that 4-prong settings may be the way to go for you.

Good luck in any case.

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Ok gals I feel like a mean person for saying what I said now that I know that Brian and Lesley are married(Am I correct?) and that they have 2 additional sales people only and that Brian is actually the photographer. I somehow assumed they are similar to whiteflash because I only dealt with WF till now and I never had this issue because they probably are much bigger than bgd and obviously have dedicated people to do things unlike BGD where the same person is doing multiple things.

I am still bummed that I have not heard back from Jamie yet about whether or not they unmounted my diamonds. It just seems like I have to follow up every time and If I don't I never get the updates. I have not contacted since I received an email from her on Monday but I am kind of girl that needs updates daily. I even asked her to send me additional pics of the 4 prong, martini and handmade martini settings last week and she said she will but never sent anything. So i don't know if I am the only one experiencing this because I see everybody else is having a much different experience that I am. :confused:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix|1308045351|2945435 said:
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having all these problems and that the issue hasn't been resolved yet.

May I make a suggestion? Let Brian look for another pair for you. It sounds to me (though of course I don't know why) that the diamonds may be mis-matched. Perhaps there's an error with one of the certs? Perhaps the wrong diamond was set and sent out? Who knows? But if Brian offers to get you another pair that match exactly in size and that are to yr spec requirements, then I'd be very confident that that is what he's going to do - to make it right. And I'm sure that he wouldn't expect you to cough up more money either. After all, it is not your fault that the diamonds don't match.

And I agree that 4-prong settings may be the way to go for you.

Good luck in any case.

Phoenix, I think I will wait till they tell me that in fact the diamonds are not matched in size before I ask them to look for a different pair. I would love if Brian can find me a I/j/k color H&A pair that matches my reqs and doesn't ask me to cough up the extra money. I don't know how long that will take though.
I wanted to ask you about your LM studs. BGD's handmade martini's are a copy of your LM martini's right. Do you like them? Do they sit closer to the ear or do they have a profile like the 4 prong studs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results