shape
carat
color
clarity

On the search for a 3ct + blue sapphire

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9F2842EB-870C-46BF-9038-9829B4AA1CCA.png 90DCF5CE-3A66-4A20-9A9A-C6F78C8A1C84.png A31A40D0-AE2B-4752-8876-69B96FEE22FB.png
@rahulus he is a real gentleman for sure. I m happy to hear you found your stone even it was not with Jeff. Do you have a post in if so we might see?

Settings..... hmmmmmm. We know already we want Victor to set it but can’t seem to work out how yet. I had always envisioned a delicate halo on a plain band but it has been done so many times! I also tried on some diamond halos and did not like them. But I am not sure Im set on side stones either. Argh! I’m so worried I’ll ask for the wrong thing and just can’t seem to pin it down!! Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? All welcomed!!

What a lovely gem you have. If it were mine I would want to highlight the gem by playing with metal color and refinement of design and not just halo. Seems very typical. I think small/sparing use of diamonds would be lovely.

S

SparkliesLuver

Itty bitty sapphire melee gems are easy to find. Just hit up yvonneraley's shop on Etsy.

Just an FYI to the OP: The last time I reached out to VC and asked about using outside melee (that I already had), he said he doesn't do that. It was actually for the ring in my avatar. :) So before you get set on something, I'd ask him what he's willing to work with and then see if that aligns with what you're wanting to do.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Victor is setting, it’s best to let him pick the sapphire melees too.

torontocatlady

Shiny_Rock
Oh interesting and good point! Still not sure on this one. I feel Victors style is very classic and a little vintage. I always think that the artist should have some say in the design... or we should at least try to keep it within their realm of expertise and so I am still coming back to the halo design. It’s been said his pave is unreal and he’s been such a gem and so patient with us as we’ve been waiting for the sapphire.

Something a little more whimsical or stylistic I’d probably ask Caysie. I actually recently bought a gorgeous spring gulch from her and am very impressed by the workmanship of the ring. Honestly I did not expect it to be so good! I should post pics..

But for something to be worn everyday I keep coming back to VC. Maybe he can help design something just a little different but still in his comfortable zone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Wow!!! Your ring is absolutely stunning @rahulus !

I can see why you are thrilled with this look. It beautifully showcases the center stone. What a colour

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. Luscious. Delicious. Amazing color. Fits your beautiful hand perfectly. Great choice.

torontocatlady

Shiny_Rock
@rahulus absolutely gorgeous and the style is just so classic. I’m going to have to save this in my inspiration folder :razz:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
@rahulus What a wonderful ring, so vivid, classic and modern at the same time. Is that your fiancée’s hand? She has beautiful fingers. Congratulations!

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
All I have to say is that I'm so excited for you as I just got my (new-to-me) sapphire e-ring last week. I searched on and off for a few years. I love that it's different and not traditional diamonds. If you like a halo though, be sure to try on a ring like the Lauren B one because they look totally different and I thought I'd like either side stones or halo but when I tried on one like the Lauren B, I didn't like the style after all. Following here to see what you end up with and best of luck!

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
All I have to say is that I'm so excited for you as I just got my (new-to-me) sapphire e-ring last week. I searched on and off for a few years. I love that it's different and not traditional diamonds. If you like a halo though, be sure to try on a ring like the Lauren B one because they look totally different and I thought I'd like either side stones or halo but when I tried on one like the Lauren B, I didn't like the style after all. Following here to see what you end up with and best of luck!

LOL, well I realized there were more pages to this thread -- your ring is gorgeous! Love what you ended up with!

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Soooo pretty. serious envy attack here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results