shape
carat
color
clarity

on the hunt for a great ring..Please review

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tarag23

Rough_Rock
Hello all-

I have been browsing the forum for a few days now asmy bf and I have started looking at engagement rings. We went to see a local jewler in nj and I have found a few rings and diamonds I like. I was wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone about the costs of these diamonds. Here is what we were quoted on some stones:

Diamond Details

Certification: EGL
Price: $7,538.12

WEIGHT 1.29 Cts.
Shape and Cut: ROUND
Measurements: 7.05 x 7.02 x 4.26

PROPORTIONS
Total Depth: 60.60%
Table Width: 60.00%
Girdle: STK

FINISH
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX

CLARITY GRADE: SI1

COLOR GRADE: G
Fluorescence: NON

next one

Price: $9,616.41

WEIGHT 1.26 Cts.
Shape and Cut: ROUND
Measurements: 7.06 x 6.96 x 4.24

PROPORTIONS
Total Depth: 60.50%
Table Width: 59.00%
Girdle: THN

FINISH
Polish: VG
Symmetry: EX

CLARITY GRADE: VS1

COLOR GRADE: G

*** Our budget is about 10K (center stone and setting)*** I want to get the best ring for the $..dont we all:) ANy thoughts would be appreciated.. He is nervous about buying online, but if I can show him some good numbers, he might change his mind.. WIll I have that much more online??thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Welcome, are both certs EGL? Also you are missing the pavilion, and crown angles, we need those to help you. Well lots of us bought online; I bought from Whiteflash and there are lots of good vendors here. I know how big a purchase it can be but you the vendors have return policy's and you can get it appraised if you are nervous.

danielNJ

Rough_Rock
Hey, I live in Jersey also. Hunted long and hard through many jewellers, don''t do it! Do yourself a huge financial favor! Call Mark from Engagement Rings Direct, he will be back at work after July 14th (jewllers holiday). I wasted months, and in one appointment, got my stone, designed my setting, and paid thousands less than the local yokels. You will be thankful. Well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new pic05.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
These both appear to be 60:60 diamonds. See PS''s tutorial on them here.

In other words, we need more info before we can say whether or not these will be great! The important info includes crown and pavilion angles as well as which division of EGL the grading reports come from (USA, Israel, Europe).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results