shape
carat
color
clarity

on the hunt for a great ring..Please review

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by tarag23, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. tarag23
    Rough_Rock

by tarag23 » Jul 7, 2008
    Hello all-

I have been browsing the forum for a few days now asmy bf and I have started looking at engagement rings. We went to see a local jewler in nj and I have found a few rings and diamonds I like. I was wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone about the costs of these diamonds. Here is what we were quoted on some stones:

Diamond Details

Certification: EGL
    Price: $7,538.12

WEIGHT 1.29 Cts.
    Shape and Cut: ROUND
    Measurements: 7.05 x 7.02 x 4.26

PROPORTIONS
    Total Depth: 60.60%
    Table Width: 60.00%
    Girdle: STK

FINISH
    Polish: EX
    Symmetry: EX

CLARITY GRADE: SI1

COLOR GRADE: G
    Fluorescence: NON

next one

Price: $9,616.41

WEIGHT 1.26 Cts.
    Shape and Cut: ROUND
    Measurements: 7.06 x 6.96 x 4.24

PROPORTIONS
    Total Depth: 60.50%
    Table Width: 59.00%
    Girdle: THN

FINISH
    Polish: VG
    Symmetry: EX

CLARITY GRADE: VS1

COLOR GRADE: G

*** Our budget is about 10K (center stone and setting)*** I want to get the best ring for the $..dont we all:) ANy thoughts would be appreciated.. He is nervous about buying online, but if I can show him some good numbers, he might change his mind.. WIll I have that much more online??thanks!

2. Skippy123
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Skippy123 » Jul 7, 2008
    Hi Welcome, are both certs EGL? Also you are missing the pavilion, and crown angles, we need those to help you. Well lots of us bought online; I bought from Whiteflash and there are lots of good vendors here. I know how big a purchase it can be but you the vendors have return policy's and you can get it appraised if you are nervous.

3. danielNJ
    Rough_Rock

by danielNJ » Jul 7, 2008
    Hey, I live in Jersey also. Hunted long and hard through many jewellers, don''t do it! Do yourself a huge financial favor! Call Mark from Engagement Rings Direct, he will be back at work after July 14th (jewllers holiday). I wasted months, and in one appointment, got my stone, designed my setting, and paid thousands less than the local yokels. You will be thankful. Well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new pic05.jpg

4. jstarfireb
    Ideal_Rock

by jstarfireb » Jul 7, 2008
    These both appear to be 60:60 diamonds. See PS''s tutorial on them here.

In other words, we need more info before we can say whether or not these will be great! The important info includes crown and pavilion angles as well as which division of EGL the grading reports come from (USA, Israel, Europe).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.