shape
carat
color
clarity

On a budget? 1.5c round diamond: $4000 ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was surfing around Solomon Bros looking for the Michael B Settings and found this price shocker:

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=10003

Of course there is no information on the stone, not even color and clarity...just the picture of the ring. Anyone care to venture a few guesses as to what sort of quality $4000 gets you in a 1.5c size stone? Maybe I will email and ask them!
2.gif

I''m a little disappointed because the quality of this stone can''t be that great for such a low price (not to mention lack of info)--and SB has such a great site with so many designer settings to choose from for the discriminating setting searcher....but now that I found this stone I would be leery of purchasing anything sight unseen from them!
sad.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I guess I-J/I 1... It may be a good fun ring!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, many people are in the market for the biggest diamond they can get for the price, so it fulfills a market. I try not to be too much of a cut snob sometimes and tell myself that their choice of "carat" as their most important C is just as valid as my choice of "cut." If we forced people to care as much about cut as we did, many women would only get teeny rocks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hest--I definitely agree that everyone's priorities can be different, but a 1.5c round for $4k doesn't sound like being a cut snob to me! It just sounds so unrealistic for a decent color/clarity/cut stone, not even requiring anything spectacular!

Any other guesses on color/clarity? I got a response from the vendor so I have an answer!
2.gif

Steff

Rough_Rock
I know 1 guy who try to sell one K-I3, 2.44 cts. for 3 years, and can not sell it out yet.Even he want to sell at $1,900/Ct.

If you buy this quality, you won't able to sell in in future.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results