shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

This may be long but I have to tell someone about it.

When my grandparents got engaged in the 40''s, my GF didn''t give her an ering because he had no money at the time. So for their 20th or 25th anniversary he bought her a ring. I don''t know many of the details, just that it''s a 2+ Ct. Emerald cut (possible OEC) in a platinum setting with side baguettes. It''s very similar to the attached image. I''ve always admired the ring and she and I had talked about it''s history and the story behind their love. It''s basically my dream engagement ring and I''ve had fantasy''s that it would be given to my BF for when he proposes.

My grandmother passed away a few months ago and we''re at the point now where her assets will be disbursed to the people in her will and other family. I''m a middle grandchild of 6 girls and 2 boys and I don''t feel I was a favored grandchild though I was loved. So I was totally clueless when it came to what was left to me. And I didn''t expect anything to be honest. I had lunch with my mom yesterday and she broke the news that the ring was to go to my cousin. But get this, there were also instructions that upon my cousin''s death (she has a terminal genetic condition and can''t have kids) the ring will be passed to me.

Can I just tell you that my jaw just about knocked my plate off the table as it dropped? I''m very sad that the ring will have sad memories connected with it but the bling diva in me is thrilled. Honestly though, I don''t really care if I dont have it now because I already have a ring picked out. But I''m really happy that I''ll be able to pass it to one of my children and keep in the family.

Grams ring look alike.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS Admin,
I''m receiving a message that upload was successful and to click the upload button but when I do the pic isn''t attached. What should I do?

Grams ring.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
checking it out right now. What's the file name? It probably has non-alphanumeric charachter
40.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually it looks like it''s there now. Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
i removed apostrophe from the file name - the system doesn''t like non-alphanumeric characters in the file names

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotcha, thanks!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
good for you hudson hawk! instead of sad memories because your cousin will have passed i hope you have good ones knowing she got to enjoy that beauty for a while. i think i understand why your grandmother let her enjoy it before you get to.
1.gif

it is a stunner!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful surprise and gift to be able to pass down. i bet the ring is stunning..

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to get it to the jewlers to be cleaned and polished actually. Cleaning her ring wasn''t reall a priority for her. It''s stunning dirty though so I can only imagine what it''ll look like shiny and polished.

jfan

Rough_Rock
That''s wonderful news, Hudson Hawk. My diamond was passed to me by my paternal grandmother and it means so much to me to wear a piece of family history, not to mention that your Grandmother''s ring sounds like a real stunner!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee, what a wonderful, treasured heirloom.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results