shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG I''m the flower girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
So, my cousin Y (formerly known as the evil cousin) and I have been getting along really well since I took the first step and congratulated her on getting engaged. Today she told me that she wants me to be a part of her wedding, but she didn''t know how, but she didn''t want me to have to spend a lot on a dress (not sure if she really means that or if she just doesn''t want me to be a BM).

She just called me and asked me to be her flower girl. Not kidding.

Haha. I think it''s hysterical. I said yes. I always wanted to be a flower girl...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 5:47:25 PM
Author:robbie3982
So, my cousin Y (formerly known as the evil cousin) and I have been getting along really well since I took the first step and congratulated her on getting engaged. Today she told me that she wants me to be a part of her wedding, but she didn''t know how, but she didn''t want me to have to spend a lot on a dress (not sure if she really means that or if she just doesn''t want me to be a BM).

She just called me and asked me to be her flower girl. Not kidding.

Haha. I think it''s hysterical. I said yes. I always wanted to be a flower girl...
Tell her that is fine...you have already have a lovely dress you can wear and it shouldn''t outshine her at all.
31.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
lmao...wow robbie that''s pretty dang funny! How did you react at first??

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
LOL no. way. How funny is that? Power issues maybe? At least you don''t have to stand the whole time! Can you buy something either

A. hugely poofy with a tulle skirt-> like a jr flower girl, only bigger!
9.gif

or
B. just a smidge too sexy... Hey, check out the flower girl....
31.gif
11.gif
31.gif

How funny. Congrats on being the bigger person and building a relationship with her, I hope you guys can keep the peace.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely hysterical. And you said yes, you are my new hero! You have so much class.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
wow. This is just too funny.
I don''t know how you guys have patched this issue up so fast. It''s one thing to forgive, but to forget....kudos to you

Just curious, do you think she asked to be nice (really) or as an indirect form of belittlement?! She just seems too mean to all of a sudden want you involved...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
kjsjhdjksalkaldhdkde;l;lfjrdsaadfghjkljgff <= Laughing so hard I can''t type...

A 23-year-old flower girl! If I didn''t know better I''d think you were kidding!

I think people are going to find pretty weird/hilarious. It does scream control issue. You''re too young to get married, you were my flower girl three months ago! lol

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
ROFL. Maybe your FI can be the ring bearer.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That. is. so. freaking. hilarious. TRULY!!!!! Even better that you said yes.
27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is hysterical. I am cracking up. Love that you said yes, that''s the best part!!! Never seen a 23 year old as a flower girl, that''s gotta be a record of some kind??? Yes your FI should be the ring bearer, that would steal the show, LOL!!!
31.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie, I love that you said yes! I have been following this story and I must say how well you have handled this ''situation''! You will make the best flower girl ever!
36.gif
36.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
what a cute idea for your FI to be the ring bearer!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
It was so hard to not laugh when she asked me. She actually called on the phone though so I had to contain it. I''m not entirely sure if she''s doing it to include me or to kind of take a jab at me. Whatever. Either way I get to be a flower girl. And drink champagne. How many people can say they drank champagne as a flower girl? Lol. FI will not be the ring bearer. Her FI has nephews, though I forget how old they are. The funny thing is that we definitely have younger cousins she could''ve asked...She keeps saying she doesn''t want me to have to spend money on the dress with my wedding coming up and all. Not sure if that''s the real reason, but it doesn''t really matter.

P.S.-Neither wants to take the other''s last name, so they''ve decided on a new one. Skywalker. No, I''m not kidding.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
robbie, I''m glad to hear you were the bigger person and congratulated her. And that is hilarious about her asking you to be here flower girl!!! And you saying, YES! HAHAHA! That is really funny.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
SKYWALKER!!!! HAHAHA!!!!! Wow...this is one funny match! No offense!

Has she chosen a date?!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I just realized that currently I hold the titles of Bride, MOH and Flower Girl. The only female title I don''t have right now is MOB. Crazy. Who knew you could be all 3 at once?!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 8:19:58 PM
Author: RoseAngel04

Has she chosen a date?!
It's tentative set for 8/4. Which is as close to a month before mine as you can get. I think 4 weeks should be plenty of time for people to recover and travel to mine though.

ETA: just noticed that's your date! While you're walking down the aisle, I will be too...dropping petals
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 8:21:34 PM
Author: robbie3982
Date: 12/13/2006 8:19:58 PM
Author: RoseAngel04

Has she chosen a date?!
It's tentative set for 8/4. Which is as close to a month before mine as you can get. I think 4 weeks should be plenty of time for people to recover and travel to mine though.

ETA: just noticed that's your date! While you're walking down the aisle, I will be too...dropping petals
1.gif

Aw, 8/4 is our date too! You're taking this very well Robbie...I haven't heard you complain at all about the fact that her wedding is before yours (only 4 weeks) even though she got engaged nearly 4 months after you. Props to you for being so calm about it all!
28.gif

ETA: Aw how cute about the dropping the petals as I'm walking down the isle. I've actually had like 2 of our distant friends ask to be flowergirls over facebook. I can't tell if they're joking or not so I just don't respond.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 8:15:51 PM
It was so hard to not laugh when she asked me. She actually called on the phone though so I had to contain it. I''m not entirely sure if she''s doing it to include me or to kind of take a jab at me. Whatever. Either way I get to be a flower girl. And drink champagne. How many people can say they drank champagne as a flower girl? Lol. FI will not be the ring bearer. Her FI has nephews, though I forget how old they are. The funny thing is that we definitely have younger cousins she could''ve asked...She keeps saying she doesn''t want me to have to spend money on the dress with my wedding coming up and all. Not sure if that''s the real reason, but it doesn''t really matter.

P.S.-Neither wants to take the other''s last name, so they''ve decided on a new one. Skywalker. No, I''m not kidding.
OH MY EVERLOVIN LORD! You''re so kidding, right? LMAO -- that''s too funny.

Ok, now I can see why you got over it so fast. It''s hard to stay mad at someone who''s just certifiable!

LOL

Nicely done, R. Very, VERY well handled.
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHHAHA.. awesome. you''re fab. I love it. You should call up everyone in the family and just rave about how excited you are.
11.gif

TCBug

Rough_Rock
I sooooo envy you! I was a flower girl once. . . but the ring-bearer pushed me into a chair and I lost my two front teeth. Didn''t get any champagne though. . .I was only 9 years old. OMG, HAVE FUN WITH THIS!

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
What?! Skywalker? lol!! surely they just thought it would be funny to try to convince everyone they were doing this, and don''t REALLY plan to do that?

Flower girl is funny... sounds like you''ll have fun doing it!! If she DID ask you to do this because she thought it would be offensive or she could make you wear something embarassing, the joke will be on her when you have the time of your life doing it!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Guys I seriously can''t stop cracking up about it. It''s too funny. Rose, I''m not upset at all that she''s getting married before me. I really don''t care about who gets married first. I''d be upset if she were having the wedding closer to mine. I actually asked her to please not have it less than a month before mine since we have some relatives who will be traveling. A month is still fairly close, but my save the dates are going out tomorrow
11.gif

ALJ and PSA, I''m not kidding about any of it. Lol. Her FI is obsessed w/ Star Wars apparently.

She said that once she picks the BM dress she''ll send me a swatch and I can pick my own dress in the same color. I think I''ll go for sexy flower girl
11.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok, she just told me that she''s not sure they''ll go w/ Skywalker, but they are seriously considering it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 9:10:56 PM
Ok, she just told me that she''s not sure they''ll go w/ Skywalker, but they are seriously considering it.
My first reaction: "Skyw- What?!"

He may be a Star Wars freak, but - Skywalker?! As a REAL last name?! You have got to be kidding... A 23-year-old flowergirl and now this! What planet are they from?! Oh, right - Tatooine.
25.gif
26.gif
28.gif

This has to join TG''s "Visitor''s book" thread as "Most hilarious thread of the year".

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ohmigod- I just choked on my water from laughing!!

Wow, a flower girl who''s totally potty trained and can wear real high heels!
2.gif

Congratulations!!
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 8:15:51 PM

Oh no way. That is freaking hysterical! I love it!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
This is hilarious. I am so glad you said yes.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
SKYWALKER? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I think she is trying to humiliate you with this request. But since you accepted and will do the job in good spirits, you've totally turned it back around on her!!! The only thing bad that she still might have up her sleeve is if she picks a kid for ringbearer and if you have to be paired up with him for stuff. But still, you can turn it around by having fun with it (and being lighthearted seems to be your style anyway!)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
You should remind her of the tradition that flower girls wear white...

then you should wear the first dress you bought!!! You''ll still get to wear it, AND you won''t have to spend money on another dress!!!

Bwahahahaaha...

This is just too funny! Does she even know what a flower girl is?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results