shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG I''m the flower girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha! That would be too funny if I wore the first dress! Yeah, she definitely knows what it is. She was one when she was 4 or so for our aunt''s wedding.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
You know, M''s niece is our "junior bridesmaid" because she''s 10 and we decided she''s too old to be a flowergirl... especially since the four we have range in age from 4-8.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
OMG Robbie... its official you might be my hero! I''ve been a total lurker on P.S. but this has definetly inspired me to tell you that your grace in this situation is perfection for 2 reasons.... if things continue to work out you have been nice and gained a friend... if she becomes evil again you can be the hottest, sexiest flower girl ever .... tell her she can''t take it back..... lol

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Lol, Diamond.

Sum, I know what you mean. 2 of my 3 flower girls will be 4 and the other will be 3. I''m not having JBMs, so my 15 year old sister and twin cousins are full fleged BM.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Robbie: you crack me up. Seriously. Your posts are always so fun.

Too funny that she asked you to be a FG. I can''t tell if she has a sense of humor, or if she''s just nuts!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I am laughing sooo hard. Skywalker??????
19.gif
LOL LOL LOL! Gotta hand it to them for being imaginative! Robbie you handled this situation with so much class and dignity. I admire you for being able to handle this with a sense of humor. Sexy flower girl??? Hehe! LOL!

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
What if she makes you dress as Yoda and carry a light sabre??

BTW I like your new avatar Robbie!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 6:46:13 AM
Author: Cheekyprincess
What if she makes you dress as Yoda and carry a light sabre??

BTW I like your new avatar Robbie!
Then I can be a sexy Yoda
31.gif
. lol. Thanks!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I think you should wear the little number that Leah wore when she was chained to Jabba the Hut.....and don''t forget the braids on the sides.

Gosh, I''m going to go back and tell my relatives that they had it all wrong when I was 7 and they told me that I was too old to be a flower girl with my 4 year old cousin. Apparently 23 is the top end of the spectrum! I still can''t believe you didn''t laugh.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Okay… that is just ridiculous… the name AND asking you to be a flower girl. I love that you said yes though. In one respect you should be able to keep the RB under control (SIL/mother of FG and RB walked out with them to keep them under control for ours!).

One funny thing I just thought about is that she says she has done this to save you money on a dress… Don’t you need to buy a dress anyways? Whats the difference?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
ID, I have no idea how I kept it together on the phone either.

NJC, I do have to buy a dress, but it doesn''t have to be the same as everyone else''s, just the same color. So, while she''ll probably make them all buy Vera Wang, I''ll hit up the prom dress sale racks
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Robbie, if I were you I would go totally over the top with this. Not only go to the prom racks, but get the poofiest "Glenda the Good Witch" dress you can find. Mountains of tulle and lace! And your hair is long enough--have it done up like Princess Leah with the "cinnamon bun" above each ear. I would pay money (serious money!) to see this!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is EXACTLY the kind of thing I had in mind!!!

What are the wedding colors? I have an old prom dress that is along those same lines (I''m embarrased to say!) in peach. If I recall correctly it even has some glitter on the skirt.
20.gif
I''ll be happy to have my grandmother dig it out of the basement and ship it to you!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Haha! As of right now she wants pink (a dark pink I believe), but she hasn''t even asked all of her bridesmaids yet, so that could change.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Does this mean that you will reciprocate by asking her to be in your wedding?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
No. I told her yesterday that I hope she''s not mad, but I''ve already assigned all of our wedding jobs. Which I have. I''m honestly going to have a hard time finding something for my one soon to be niece to do if we don''t end up doing programs. We''ve got 3 flower girls (all under the age of 5), 3 ring bearers, 2 readers, 4 chuppah holders and one program passer outer. I could ask her to handle the guest book I guess, but I don''t really want a guest book. I''d rather have people sign the matting of a picture that we can hang up. I don''t know how much direction people need on that...

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
or you could wear this, and we can get the ring bearer one of these...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just way too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

I would have said yes too! who doesn''t want to be a flower girl and drink Champagne!!!!????

I definitely think you need to go all out with a cute flower girl dress and walk down the aisle slowly, throwing petals just like a little girls would do!!

Skywalker!!???..haha...that''s classic!!!!!!!!

Too funny, this thread made my day!

M~

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 10:23:22 AM
Author: robbie3982
No. I told her yesterday that I hope she''s not mad, but I''ve already assigned all of our wedding jobs. Which I have. I''m honestly going to have a hard time finding something for my one soon to be niece to do if we don''t end up doing programs. We''ve got 3 flower girls (all under the age of 5), 3 ring bearers, 2 readers, 4 chuppah holders and one program passer outer. I could ask her to handle the guest book I guess, but I don''t really want a guest book. I''d rather have people sign the matting of a picture that we can hang up. I don''t know how much direction people need on that...
Robbie, I had to tell you that this is perhaps the funniest situation I''ve ever heard of (wedding wise) You are so awesome!

For your soon to be niece, maybe have her hand out kepot if your guests are wearing them...or have her take pictures with a disposable camera as guests enter. I had my nephew do that and it was a great "job."

May the force be with you.

Jackie

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 10:29:16 AM
Author: jas

Robbie, I had to tell you that this is perhaps the funniest situation I''ve ever heard of (wedding wise) You are so awesome!

For your soon to be niece, maybe have her hand out kepot if your guests are wearing them...or have her take pictures with a disposable camera as guests enter. I had my nephew do that and it was a great ''job.''

Jackie
Lol. I''m such a bad Jew, I don''t even know what kepot are! I like the camera idea though. I''ll have to see which she''d rather do. Thanks for the suggestion!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
BAHH- no way! THIS is just a riot... you as the flowergirl. AND you are the flowergirl for the Skywalkers?!? HI-larious! Do you think you should do a toast as the flowergirl with the words, "and may the force be with you?" Cause I sure think you should!
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 10:26:05 AM
Author: Mandarine

I definitely think you need to go all out with a cute flower girl dress and walk down the aisle slowly, throwing petals just like a little girls would do!!

No, you should walk slowly down one side the aisle looking around, dropping one petal at a time, then sit down, take off your shoes, skip to the front and upturn your basket, just like a real flower girl! Then go sit by your daddy and ask when there will be cake.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Haha, Cali, that''s great! I should totally use that!

Merco, too funny. I think that''s how Y did it when she was a flower girl.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 10:45:50 AM

Date: 12/14/2006 10:29:16 AM
Author: jas

For your soon to be niece, maybe have her hand out kepot if your guests are wearing them...or have her take pictures with a disposable camera as guests enter. I had my nephew do that and it was a great ''job.''

Jackie
Lol. I''m such a bad Jew, I don''t even know what kepot are! I like the camera idea though. I''ll have to see which she''d rather do. Thanks for the suggestion!
Sorry...the yarmulkes...skullcap thingies.

You are handling this with such aplomb.

So, for their wedding are they handing out action figures as favors? Are they driving off in the Millenium Falcon with a sign reading "Just Married at Warp Speed"?

Ok, sorry, I don''t mean to snark, this is just so funny. I don''t mean this disrespectfully.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Haha I was wondering why I had no idea what you were talking about. Don''t worry I''m not offended. I do feel a bit guilty laughing and joking about it because I''m starting to think that she''s trying to be genuinely nice, but IT''S SO FUNNY!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Robbie, this is hysterical!
9.gif
Does this mean you do or do not get to participate in the other bridal activities, such as the bachelorette party/showers, etc? If you DO, can you make sure to buy one of those fun sparkly tee-shirts that says "Flower Girl" on it? Lest anyone forget your role, you know.
31.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I wonder if FI lurks and hides it from me. Last night:

Me: You know how Robbie''s cousin was being mean to her over Thanksgiving, and all the PSers said that maybe after seeing her behavior, her boyfriend will come to his senses?
FI: Yeah.
Me: Well, guess what he did.
FI: He didn''t propose, did he?
Me: Yes. And they''ve decided to make Robbie a part of the wedding. Guess what they asked her to do.
FI: Umm, hmmm, flower girl?
Me: (Cracking up too much to speak.) Yeah! Oh, and she doesn''t really want to take his last name and he doesn''t really want to take his. So guess what they''re going to do.
FI: The (female friend''s name) solution of both switching to a new last name?
Me: Yep! And guess what the new last name is.
FI: Ummmm...
Me: Hint: he''s a Star Wars fan.
FI: Skywalker!

I think that all of this is pretty out there, and he just guesses it!? Granted, he did have a hint.

Oh, and have you been reading the thread on BM dresses, and some people rewearing them as Halloween costumes? The Princess Leia dress would be so rewearable.
2.gif
Although the big poofy pink dress is pretty darn awesome.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I'm sure I'll be invited to the bachelorette party if there is one, but I doubt I'll be able to go. I'll already be driving the 15 hrs (round trip) two weekends in a row. Y is planning to have her wedding the weekend after our cousin K has her reception (she got married in CA and no one could go) so that K can be at her wedding.

Blenheim, that's too funny! Your FI is a good guesser.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results