shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG I made it to the second stage *SQUEEEEEE*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:51:21 AM
Author: Deelight
Thanks hun :), I will definitly get out to CR sometime soon I just went down the road tonight it was raining and I couldn''t be stoofed driving LOL. The sizing in shops is crazy I can literally vary 2-3 sizes depending on what store I visit - INSANE.

AS for the nationality I am Serbian but I don''t think I look typically Serb/Eastern European however when I went back there, there were a heck of a lot of people who looked kinda like me LOL.
ya I can relate - I don''t think I really look that euro either (macedonian blood), but I often get old Italian ladies asking me if I''m italian...Then they try to speak to me in their language and I''m like "I can''t understand you!?"
Interesting that you''ve been back - did you like it? I think masso is the last place I''d like to for hols, lol - bo-ring...
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Dee!! Fingers crossed for you.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHA that is hilarious, I on the odd occasion get asked if I am English apparently that has something to do with the way I talk rather then how I look even though I don’t think I sound remotely like an English person not that I would mind I love the English accent.

Yeah I did enjoy it , I mean I got to see family I hadn''t seen in nearly 20yrs and the place has changed a heck of a lot since I was a kid, it definitely has charm, the food is awesome the booze is cheap the nightlife is meant to be pretty awesome as well but by that stage FI and I were knacked and just wanted to chill for a bit.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Claire
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:32:41 AM
HAHAHAHA that is hilarious, I on the odd occasion get asked if I am English apparently that has something to do with the way I talk rather then how I look even though I don’t think I sound remotely like an English person not that I would mind I love the English accent.

Yeah I did enjoy it , I mean I got to see family I hadn''t seen in nearly 20yrs and the place has changed a heck of a lot since I was a kid, it definitely has charm, the food is awesome the booze is cheap the nightlife is meant to be pretty awesome as well but by that stage FI and I were knacked and just wanted to chill for a bit.
People think I''m English too! (accent not appearance) -I don''t know how an Aussie accent can be construed as english - maybe as I don''t talk really ocker, I don''t know..odd.

Your trip sounds like it was fun
5.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:15:46 PM
Author: arjunajane

Yeah I did enjoy it , I mean I got to see family I hadn't seen in nearly 20yrs and the place has changed a heck of a lot since I was a kid, it definitely has charm, the food is awesome the booze is cheap the nightlife is meant to be pretty awesome as well but by that stage FI and I were knacked and just wanted to chill for a bit.

People think I'm English too! (accent not appearance) -I don't know how an Aussie accent can be construed as english - maybe as I don't talk really ocker, I don't know..odd.

5.gif

HAHAHA there are apparently 3 types of Aussie accents:

[*] General, which most Aussies have it is a fairly neutral sounding accent
[*] British Australian, which obviously sounds more English and a little more toffier.
[*] Strine, the real ocker accent that is hard for people who are not Australian to understand, generally very broad and has a high inflection at the end sentences which makes people think you are asking a question.
I would say I fall into category 1 or 2.

Yeah our trip was fun I should really make a thread and post some pics we had some fantastic times
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:25:56 PM

People think I''m English too! (accent not appearance) -I don''t know how an Aussie accent can be construed as english - maybe as I don''t talk really ocker, I don''t know..odd.

5.gif

[*]General, which most Aussies have it is a fairly neutral sounding accent

[*]British Australian, which obviously sounds more English and a little more toffier.

[*]Strine, the real ocker accent that is hard for people who are not Australian to understand, generally very broad and has a high inflection at the end sentences which makes people think you are asking a question.

Yeah our trip was fun I should really make a thread and post some pics we had some fantastic times
9.gif
Tee hee - I reckon I likely speak like all three of these from time to time, depending on the situation and how many beers I''ve had
9.gif
2.gif

Even though I don''t like their food, have you seen the new Red Rooster ads where that comedian is in NY and nobody can understand what he''s saying?
He says a ute and the girl thinks he says a goat, lol..

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:42:40 PM
Date: 2/19/2009 11:25:56 PM

5.gif

[*]General, which most Aussies have it is a fairly neutral sounding accent

[*]British Australian, which obviously sounds more English and a little more toffier.

[*]Strine, the real ocker accent that is hard for people who are not Australian to understand, generally very broad and has a high inflection at the end sentences which makes people think you are asking a question.

9.gif

Tee hee - I reckon I likely speak like all three of these from time to time, depending on the situation and how many beers I''ve had
9.gif
2.gif

Even though I don''t like their food, have you seen the new Red Rooster ads where that comedian is in NY and nobody can understand what he''s saying?

He says a ute and the girl thinks he says a goat, lol..

HAHAHAHA yes, the ad is hilarious – I was really worried when we went to NY that we would have problems being understood but we went fine mostly, but then no one guessed we were Aussie.

I really love the Aussie accent but I have to admit if people have the inflection I kinda want to strangle them after a bit, I can’t handle it LOL it grates on my nerves.

On an unrelated note, in prep for my interview just got back from the hairdressers and have completely revolutionised my look – bubai blonde foils and side swept fringe, hello rich reddy brunette and block straight across fringe
9.gif
, you should have seen the look on FI''s face it was kinda like this
eeeeek.gif
followed by this
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results