shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG How does she eat????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I shrieked when I saw this:

6005 PIERCINGS.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does she wash her face???

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Bet she doesn''t do a lot of air travel
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 3:22:02 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Bet she doesn''t do a lot of air travel
20.gif
LOL!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, how did you come to decide to grace Jewelry Pieces with this photo? It seems a trifle arbitrary. I know it is only my opinion, but it seems to me that it might have been placed almost anywhere. Family, Home, and Health seems like a desirable location to me.

Deborah
34.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 4:48:11 PM
Author: AGBF

Holly, how did you come to decide to grace Jewelry Pieces with this photo? It seems a trifle arbitrary. I know it is only my opinion, but it seems to me that it might have been placed almost anywhere. Family, Home, and Health seems like a desirable location to me.

Deborah
34.gif
Um, ''cause she had so many pieces of jewelry on her face??

I was thinking only of the sheer number of items, not the subject matter. I wasn''t really looking to start a discussion about the ''why'' of her piercings; just the mind-boggling amount of jewelry -- some of it quite lovely it appears.
3.gif

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Ooo my ooo my ooo my....It looks so PAINFUL....

mochi

Ideal_Rock
runawaysad.gif
EEEEK!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:30:47 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
That''s just gross. But I am sure she thinks she is beautiful in every single way. People like that can''t go through metal detectors, I''m sure..
14.gif
I''m not so sure about that. She has her eyes widened and is sticking out her tongue like she knows she''s strange and wants the attention. Just my opinion...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Shouldn''t we be discussing the relative merits of her chosen accessories? It is, after all, the jewelry thread.
2.gif

I dont'' understand the chains, but I think she may actually have used earrings (post) with dangling jewels (real or fake do you think?) to decorate her chin and sides of her face. I''m fascinated by the sheer number of rings in her nose above her lip. I think her ears are collapsing under the weight of her peircings though.

Not a fan of the stainless steel balls; if you''re gonna decorate yourself to the hilt, wouldn''t it be much nicer to use fine jewelry?
3.gif
I say create beautiful patterns with real gems; color coordinate them. Her face has no ''motif''. I find that so disappointing.
28.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t really care where it is posted, I think it is a fun picture.

Holly: I wonder if she gets infections with all of those piercings???? Ack!!!!!!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is in the Guiness Book of World Records we have. The most piercings in the world!
14.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 5:16:27 PM
Author: MC
She is in the Guiness Book of World Records we have. The most piercings in the world!
14.gif

Where is she from? I''m curious to know if this is considered to be beautiful in her culture or if she is doing it for publicity.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just thought, I hope she doesn''t have any kids! Little ones like to pull on things and the piercing right under her eyes look very delicate. Ouch.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 5:21:13 PM
Author: Addy

14.gif

Where is she from? I''m curious to know if this is considered to be beautiful in her culture or if she is doing it for publicity.
The original picture and article can be linked from Fox.news; the original story was The Daily Telegraph (UK? Australia?).
She lives in Scotland of all places. That made me laugh out loud.
9.gif
As a Scotch-Irish lass myself, her self decorating doesn''t seem quite Celtic in ''tone''.
3.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
My thesis adviser in college was a cultural anthropology PhD. Honestly, this picture doesn't phase me and I have no desire to judge. So I'll pass on the "eek" and "run away" posts. Of course this isn't a picture of jewelry pieces from a culture we're familiar with. It's just an extreme version of what almost every woman here does if you think about it (and some men, probably). I'll leave it at that.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I certainly love jewelry but I guess that''s just a tad over the top. lol

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 2:34:06 AM
Author: Imdanny

My thesis adviser in college was a cultural anthropology PhD. Honestly, this picture doesn't phase me and I have no desire to judge. So I'll pass on the 'eek' and 'run away' posts. Of course this isn't a picture of jewelry pieces from a culture we're familiar with.

For some reason (probably because I have a teenage daughter and have therefore seen almost as many piercings on some people in tattoo parlors to which she has dragged me) I had been assuming that this woman lived in the United States. Now that I understand she is from another country and culture her wearing yellow and green paint becomes more comprehensible. That, too, is simply part of her culture (which I hadn't understood was different from mine).

On a sidenote: isn't it interesting how long one can go without knowing how to find a tattoo parlor-or even that one exists within 500 miles-only to find oneself in them with regularity once you have a teenager?

Deborah
34.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 5:21:13 PM
Author: Addy

14.gif

Info. . .I got this from the Guinness online site. . .

She''s: Elaine Davidson
Has: 720 piercings; 192 on her face and 462 on her body
She''s from: (as Holly responded) Scottland
And the record was set: 8/9/02 She probably has more piercings now, if there is any room left on her body.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 6:04:00 AM
Author: AGBF

On a sidenote: isn''t it interesting how long one can go without knowing how to find a tattoo parlor-or even that one exists within 500 miles-only to find oneself in them with regularity once you have a teenager?

Deborah

34.gif
Why would a parent accompany a teenager to a tattoo parlor?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cuz if you''re under 18 you can''t get one w/out mom and dad''s permission.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I''m afraid I''ve never been to a tatoo parlor even though I had teenagers and likely never will.

As for the picture....
32.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:23:19 PM
Author: packrat
Cuz if you''re under 18 you can''t get one w/out mom and dad''s permission.
I know that. But why would a parent give permission?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Double post.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe I dunno-I had to wait until I was 18 before I got my first..if our kids are into them, they''ll have to wait too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 12:39:57 PM
Author: swingirl

Date: 2/27/2009 12:23:19 PM
Author: packrat
Cuz if you're under 18 you can't get one w/out mom and dad's permission.
I know that. But why would a parent give permission?

Just for the record, my sixteen year-old daughter has no tattoos. Tattoo parlors, however, also do piercings. She does have a small belly button jewel and (most unfortunately in her father's and my opinion) also a tiny nose stud. Luckily the nose stud is the size of a sprinkle, being barely visible, but we abhor it.

As to the question you asked, however: my answer is very simple. Have you yet raised a teenage girl? Boys don't count. In the case of my daughter, she pierced her own nose with a kit she bought in a beauty supply store in much the way my friends used to pierce each others' ears using ice and a sewing needle. I didn't like the infection that resulted.

Deborah
34.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I have 21 year old daughter. She had to wait until she turned 18 and could sign for herself; for ears and everything else.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 3:48:04 PM
Author: swingirl

Yep, I have 21 year old daughter. She had to wait until she turned 18 and could sign for herself; for ears and everything else.

Then God bless you. There is no more to be said except that you are a better mother than I am. I have done everything I could to mother my child appropriately, but she still pierced her own nose.

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results