shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC pros: looking for guidance on cut.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous! Congrats on your new stone. How do you plan to set it?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
What a great setting! It looks fabulous and the stone will look right at home in it? How big would you go on the culet? Same size as that in the drawing?

Good eye! I upped the culet in the pic with my photo editor. So yea, about that size. I'm so nervous at the prospect of doing it but DK seems to think it's no big deal.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Good eye! I upped the culet in the pic with my photo editor. So yea, about that size. I'm so nervous at the prospect of doing it but DK seems to think it's no big deal.

I do really like the size in the mock-up. I understand the hesitation though. I’m super curious as to how GIA will grade vs German cert!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I do really like the size in the mock-up. I understand the hesitation though. I’m super curious as to how GIA will grade vs German cert!

Me too! I do think the color is spot on and it is SO clean, so I'm hopeful GIA will be in the same range.
I like a big culet, not gonna lie. So I'm very tempted to go for it.
This is what I sent DK as potential before and after:

Attachments

• 20220618_140057.jpg
    20220618_140057.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 69

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! I do think the color is spot on and it is SO clean, so I'm hopeful GIA will be in the same range.
I like a big culet, not gonna lie. So I'm very tempted to go for it.

This is what I sent DK as potential before and after:

Oh yeah I do like the after. I know the stone most likely had some work done already with the girdle being cleaned up and faceted so maybe go for it! Do you think the current size is “slightly large” to “large”?

Is the color similar to your last N OEC in real life? What was the culet size on the OEC per GIA? Large?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The facet pattern is exactly the way I love them to be. The color is perfect.
If it was 8.5 or below I might feel the need to fight you for it, old time fisticuff style. You would win, but I get a cool scar with kozibe:lol:
It's going to be an insane finished piece. Hubba hubba with a flourish. It's hitting all my brain spots. :lickout:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah I do like the after. I know the stone most likely had some work done already with the girdle being cleaned up and faceted so maybe go for it! Do you think the current size is “slightly large” to “large”?

Is the color similar to your last N OEC in real life? What was the culet size on the OEC per GIA? Large?

It's very similar in color except in some lighting this actually faces up whiter! But I love the color and that it picks up color from all over. I got some insane pics under a tree today.
I believe the oec culet was large to very large.

Attachments

• 20220619_185021.jpg
    20220619_185021.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 87

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
The facet pattern is exactly the way I love them to be. The color is perfect.
If it was 8.5 or below I might feel the need to fight you for it, old time fisticuff style. You would win, but I get a cool scar with kozibe:lol:
It's going to be an insane finished piece. Hubba hubba with a flourish. It's hitting all my brain spots. :lickout:

Thank you! Your enthusiasm is appreciated :) ! I'm a kozibe fan myself so this stone really makes me happy!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It's very similar in color except in some lighting this actually faces up whiter! But I love the color and that it picks up color from all over. I got some insane pics under a tree today.
I believe the oec culet was large to very large.
How exciting! Love the rainbow it’s picking up. I really need to take some under the tree pics with my loose OMC. I’m just afraid to drop it somewhere in the garden lol

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Love the rainbow it’s picking up. I really need to take some under the tree pics with my loose OMC. I’m just afraid to drop it somewhere in the garden lol

I had it in a gem holder, but still walked around with my other hand cupped under it. Didn't want to lose it in the grass!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so gorgeous and I love the setting inspiration!
I would be hesitant to enlarge the culet. It’s just so delicious as is. Can’t wait to see it set!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I sent the stone to DK and he actually called me to talk about it! (They are so awesome!!)
He said the pavillion is so perfectly cut he wouldn't let anyone touch it! He said it's at least VVS but couldn't say flawless without a microscope. He sent it to GIA for me :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, your new diamond is gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished ring, you have a great eye and I know it's going to be beautiful.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s just stunning. Curious to see how GIA grades it!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, your new diamond is gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished ring, you have a great eye and I know it's going to be beautiful.

Oh thank you @junebug17 ! What a nice thing to say! I try!
Got my chunky little baby omc sidestones today! Once DK gets them they are going to cast the ring. Then when the center is back from GIA they will be able to finish it. I am so excited!!:appl:
20220715_184427.jpg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you @junebug17 ! What a nice thing to say! I try!
Got my chunky little baby omc sidestones today! Once DK gets them they are going to cast the ring. Then when the center is back from GIA they will be able to finish it. I am so excited!!:appl:
20220715_184427.jpg

Oooooh has there been a change in the prospective setting?! I don’t remember there being side stones in your mock-up!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh has there been a change in the prospective setting?! I don’t remember there being side stones in your mock-up!

Was going to say the same! Very curious to see what your plan is!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

Yes! :Up_to_something:
The plastic model arrived with the cutouts and I just felt it was lacking. So I went back to the drawing board and added sidestones. I lucked upon a UK seller that had these chunky monkey G/H omc's (.26 & .29).
Here is the final cad, but it will be heavily engraved :)
Screenshot_20220713-164143_Gmail.jpg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! :Up_to_something:
The plastic model arrived with the cutouts and I just felt it was lacking. So I went back to the drawing board and added sidestones. I lucked upon a UK seller that had these chunky monkey G/H omc's (.26 & .29).
Here is the final cad, but it will be heavily engraved :)
Screenshot_20220713-164143_Gmail.jpg

I think it’ll be fabulous! I love the CHUNK on those side stones.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, can't wait to see your new ring! For some reason I thought this was an old thread and didn't peak in - what a diamond you found! Hats off to all of you that do the hunt and sweat it out waiting - but this looks to be a stunner!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results