shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC - need your opinion

joelly

Ideal_Rock
As Alex wrote it turns green under certain lighting and that is due to its low color with strong fluorescence. It's cool but what do you think of the color? The facets are beautiful. Chunky and bright and lively. Color preference is very personal especially due to the strong fluorescence. I feel like if you think you might love it you need to see it in person and examine/evaluate it in different environments and lighting.

You can play up the color depending on how you set it but you also need to consider the fluorescence and what you think of that added factor. Some people love it and some do not. The cut on this stone appears to be just gorgeous IMO and the only concern I would have is the color. If you love lower colors (and flouro) I would play the color up when setting it.

I have always wanted a lower color with strong blue fluorescent. I asked Alex what he thinks of the fluorescent and he said that’s why the stone looks so white in spite of being lower color.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I also like the setting actually. I don’t like the pave or bezel setting. I like the plain solitaire setting.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Just realized you already seen this thread.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting that she bought it from the same vendor who has the Hulk.
Oh interesting, I saw the video and it’s not that much of a difference. But the price is a huge difference.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh interesting, I saw the video and it’s not that much of a difference. But the price is a huge difference.

Yes, that’s what happens when the stone is over 3 ct. Every one carat, the markup is astonishing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find them very prismatic - like a ball of light. The cut is older than OMC.

YF has does two revival versions at least (below), both very precise & polite compared with www . The one on IG seems neatly symmetrical - neither this nor that.

Peruzzi-Old-Charm-Diamond.jpg first-water-peruzzi-diamond-second.jpg

That is amazing.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eyes like the cushion the most. Wish I’m not indecisive. I asked him for a video of both rings together. Can’t wait till tomorrow
If your eyes like the cushion the most, what is making you hesitate? I apologise if that's too blunt but is there something making you second guess what you're seeing and loving?
Can you buy it and see it in person?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
If your eyes like the cushion the most, what is making you hesitate? I apologise if that's too blunt but is there something making you second guess what you're seeing and loving? Can you buy it and see it in person?

I have this disease call paralyze by over-analyzing everything. You're right, I should just buy it and see it in person. The seller said if I don't like it, I can always return it. This is where I am at now.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this disease call paralyze by over-analyzing everything. You're right, I should just buy it and see it in person. The seller said if I don't like it, I can always return it. This is where I am at now.
Then you should definitely buy it and take a million pics and videos for us ;)2 By all accounts Alex is very nice to deal with if you don't love it.

OOH or better yet, buy BOTH and take a million pics and videos for us.

I did go back and look at the OEC and I still don't love it anywhere near as much as the OMC. I think cos I see arrows rather than petals under the table so it feels more MRB than I like (but it's not my buying decision :P2)
The Peruzzi has potential but I still think that OMC is really gorgeous.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Then you should definitely buy it and take a million pics and videos for us ;)2 By all accounts Alex is very nice to deal with if you don't love it.

Yes, he's very nice indeed. Funny too. I always believe a good sense of humor is a mark of a good person. I definitely will take gazillion pictures and videos. :twisted2:

Reactions: AV_

joelly

Ideal_Rock

OOH or better yet, buy BOTH and take a million pics and videos for us.

I did go back and look at the OEC and I still don't love it anywhere near as much as the OMC. I think cos I see arrows rather than petals under the table so it feels more MRB than I like (but it's not my buying decision :P2)
The Peruzzi has potential but I still think that OMC is really gorgeous.

You are such an enabler :lol-2:

At first I thought the OEC was an OMC but once I know it is an OEC, I don't take that into account anymore because I already have a CBI for my original e-ring. I have never own a cushion so OMC is more intriguing to me.

AV_

Ideal_Rock

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Hi @joelly - where did you land with your OMC journey?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi @joelly - where did you land with your OMC journey?
:wavey: Seems like Joelly hasn't been on PS lately. She ended up getting a big one OEC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results