shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC E-ring...

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to share my 'new' antique OMC e-ring...she's not the biggest, but I really love her! :razz: It's a .77 OMC, M-N. I've always wanted an antique diamond/ring and am very pleased to be able to call this one mine! =)

IMG_1614.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
She's lovely! More pics please.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Kismet!!!

I bought her from JBEG a couple of months ago! It is a VS clarity and very clear...I enjoy it every day!

I just got a curved wedding band to go with it. I already had a platinum diamond straight band that I had hoped to wear with the e-ring, but when the e-ring shank was repaired, they added a horse shoe band to the inside of the ring to beef it up a little, which made it sip up a bit off of my finger, and that allowed the diamond band to slip under it...wearing it that way would have totally ruined the wedding band. I had tried wearing it with a spacer ring for a while, but didn't like the feel of the 3 rings together (too snug) on my ever changing fingers (puffy to skinny, to puffy again in a matter of hours!).

I found this antique replica curved band and had it made with unplated white gold and 3 single cut diamonds. It fits alongside my e-ring perfectly, like it was custom made....I know some don't care for a curved band, but in this instance it's what works best with my e-ring. =)

I have a lot of pics, but these two are the only ones I could post for the moment, the others are too large.

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
stunning!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

and love the curved band with this ering

I hope you can post more pics of this stunner??

my ering is an OMC M and I can still not get over the hues this thing throws in all lights - it seems on an overcast day it goes completely white with almost an AB (aurora borealis) effect... then on other days is sings a champagne hue like golden sunshine

jewellk

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring!! The curved band looks like it was made for it! Congratulations!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the compliments heliotrope and jewellk ! I am getting used to the band...and it's not such an exaggerated curve that I feel weird about wearing it without the e-ring. I take it off for sleeping, but keep the wedding band on... I am amazed at how much the diamonds in the band sparkle too!

Here are a few more shots from when I first got the ring...the setting has been slightly brightened since these were taken and I like it much better, but it still has a nice patina and antique look.

Barbie's Ring resized 05.JPG

Barbie's Ring resized 02.JPG

Barbie's ring closeups4.JPG

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to ask for any antique experts to weigh in on something...

What time period/era do you think this setting is from? I have seen similar settings labeled as anything from Edwardian to Art Deco. I don't think of this type of filigree as being true Art Deco, which I feel is typically more modern with square shapes and clean lines....but I could be wrong.

Any input is appreciated! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no idea on period but I came to drool with all the other good folks :love: it's a beauty! The metalwork is so elaborate, and the stone makes me smile - its looks like a sunny chubby lil' thing ::)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful

stci

Ideal_Rock
Ho!!!! What a gorgeous ring and diamond! Congrats on this beauty ans I really love it with the curve band! :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely beautiful set!! I am so in love with vintage and antique styles, and I for one LOVE curved bands...and the one you found goes perfectly with your ering, it looks like it was custom made for it! I love the stone too, just gorgeous!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! I was watching that ring, the stone has such a personality, you did good and the band is perfect for it, Well done!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments ladies! :wavey:

I really got lucky with the curved band, I was pleasantly surprised to see how great they fit together.

And Decogirl, I should clarify this is a replacement wedding set (my wedding ring was stolen a few years ago and I have had a few temporary sets in the meantime)....I was engaged/married many moons ago...but it was close to this time of year! :razz:

I would have loved an antique engagement ring when we became engaged, but that was before internet and none of the antique shops we visited had anything I loved at that time...I didn't know where to get a nice antique ring. But this has been worth the wait. ;)) And it feels like I've always had this ring, hard to explain, but I am very content. :tongue:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I think it's absolutely beautiful. I too wear a curved band with my antique stone/setting. It's really the only thing that looks good with it. I like the way your set looks together quite a lot!

I would suspect it's Edwardian, c.1900-1910. Could be a bit later, but the style is Edwardian IMO. Lovely find!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love love love your ring! Congratulations on your engagment. I will be curious to know what style you will go with for your wedding band. Will you try to match the ering?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! It looks a lot like my grandmother's ring. She was married in 1928 or 1929. Would that be Art Deco?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The stone makes me think the earlier date might be correct. I have a transition cut in a setting similar to this that my jeweler dates from 1915-1920. White metals were all the rage with Queen Alexandria and Queen Mary.

Its really beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a lovely piece with us :)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again ladies! :wavey:

And thanks for the setting 'dating' pointers. I really do wonder if the diamond is older than the setting though? It's an OMC, and not a precision cut one, so can I assume it is an earlier cut, possibly from the 1800's? I am also thinking the setting is 1915-20's ish.

Whatever it is, I like it! :wink2: And funny...I wasn't sold on the setting at first...I was mainly buying it for the diamond, but the setting has grown on me and now I really like it too! :wacko:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Ara Ann|1290542984|2777023 said:
Thanks again ladies! :wavey:

And thanks for the setting 'dating' pointers. I really do wonder if the diamond is older than the setting though? It's an OMC, and not a precision cut one, so can I assume it is an earlier cut, possibly from the 1800's? I am also thinking the setting is 1915-20's ish.
Whatever it is, I like it! :wink2: And funny...I wasn't sold on the setting at first...I was mainly buying it for the diamond, but the setting has grown on me and now I really like it too! :wacko:
I think it might be. I mean, sure, there's some stones that were cut outside of the time period you'd think they were from... but, if I had to guess, I'd peg the stone as c.1890s, or a smidge earlier, and the setting as late teens. Which suggests that it could've been a daughter resetting mom's stone. Whatever, it is gorgeous :bigsmile:

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic! I just love your set. The vintage stones have such beauty! :bigsmile:

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
I'm so glad to see pictures of that ring. I drooled over it for quite some time but never pulled the trigger. I finally went to inquire about purchasing it and it was gone. It looks amazing with the wedding band.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
book_of_love|1291439033|2787031 said:
I'm so glad to see pictures of that ring. I drooled over it for quite some time but never pulled the trigger. I finally went to inquire about purchasing it and it was gone. It looks amazing with the wedding band.

Thank you!

I had been watching this ring for a while too...and scooped it up when it went on sale. I kept wondering what was wrong with it, since it was priced well but it hadn't sold...but I love it and happy to finally have my antique e-ring! :twirl:

pixies

Shiny_Rock
The detailing on this setting is divine. I had admired this ring on JbEG's site. Very pretty!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. I love the setting, the stone, and the wedding band!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I'm drooling! :lickout: :love:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!

It's amazing how much I enjoy wearing this ring every day. =) It's been a long time since I have fully 'bonded' with a piece of jewelry...hard to explain, but it does feel like I've always had it.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love:

It is stunning!

ETA: Great pictures too, I love being able to see all the beautiful details!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
THis is beautiful! I'd love to have an OEC/OMC one day!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again ladies! :wavey:

I took some more pics the other day...I have a winter floral arrangement and it inspired some flower shots! :bigsmile:

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Love the new pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results