shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC Advice and Photoshop Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GG414

Rough_Rock
Hi! Newbie here just looking for opinions.
In my quest for the perfect e-ring I have fallen in love with OMCs/Antique Cushions. Although I had previously been opposed to getting a diamond, after looking at other stones (sapphires) IRL their lack of brilliance did not satisfy me. Therefore the old cuts seems like a suitable compromise since getting an old stone is practically like recycling, right? :) After seeing some rings at Single Stone (btw: amazing!) I decided I still want to incorporate blue sapphires b/c I like the contrast they create. My question is what color grade diamond do you think would look best/appropriate with the sapphires? Since the old cuts tend to have higher color grades, would you hold out to find a whiter color, or would you be ok with the more common K+?

Also, I found this setting that I like, but that has rubies instead of sapphires. Could someone w/photoshop skills please show me what it would look like w/royal blue sapphires instead? Or that might be a lot of work, so maybe just some opinions on how you think it will look w/sapphires. In particular, I like the yellow gold of the second halo since I often wear yellow gold and think it''s a subtle way of incorporating it, but other opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

Ring_8287.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s really pretty either way. I''m not typically a yellow gold fan, but do like it in this ring. Sorry I''m not much help other than to provide a visual. LOL

Good luck deciding on what to get!

bl-Ring_8287.jpg

GG414

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 8:29:23 PM
Author: girlie-girl
I think it''s really pretty either way. I''m not typically a yellow gold fan, but do like it in this ring. Sorry I''m not much help other than to provide a visual. LOL

Good luck deciding on what to get!

Thanks girlie-girl! That definitely helps me visualize what it would look like. Other opinions still appreciated.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the ring style is gorgeous and totally appropriate for these old cuts.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring style! I''m a sucker for a sapphire halo :)

Color preference is pretty subjective. My suggestion is to see what you like best in person. My own personal ring is an M color antique cushion with sapphire sides and I ADORE the combo. To me there''s just something so pretty when lower colors are paired with gemstones. I think a K or lower stone would look phenomenal with a sapphire halo, but you have to like this color range to begin with. High colors look great with sapphs too! You really can''t go wrong either way.

And welcome to the old cut lovers club - aren''t they just amazing???

GG414

Rough_Rock
Thanks Erica and Grace! Yes, the old cuts are amazing. I do like the lower colors (K+), and your 5-stone ring is beautiful, but not quite sure if that is the way I want to go. I will have to do some more looking. You guys will definitely be on my short list once I decide.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Iirc someone here has an art deco ring in the exact same style or very similar to it. She posted the pics a month or two ago... It is very beautiful.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To give you an idea of a sapphire halo, here's an H OEC with a sapphire halo!

There are more pics here:

Sapphire Halo

H Sapphire Halo.jpg

GG414

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:25:15 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
To give you an idea of a sapphire halo, here''s an H OEC with a sapphire halo!

There are more pics here:

Sapphire Halo

Thanks. I have seen sapphire halos, but I was more wondering about how the double halo w/the yellow gold would look w/the sapphires. I''m fairly certain I will copy the setting I posted, but with some slight modifications. Now just to decide on the center stone size and color. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results