color
clarity

Ombré Tahitian and akoya strand

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty but too subtle
I think you should make one

I agree! You could definitely make something with a bolder but seamless ombré.

I really like the idea of a half ombré. It would tie in with your necklace without being identikit, too matchy.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I was thinking just half ombré. Light on one side and dark on the other.

I liked the sizes of this one but I think it’s too subtle a gradient?

8C791EEF-A716-4A8A-9A99-7CFC0711BA0A.jpeg

I agree with you - I think the gradient is too subtle.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to diy an ombré since you have to match on colors and shape and luster for it to look cohesive. A bracelet might be doable since it at least doesn’t have to be symmetric!

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I'd probably get one that matched (I like sets lol) and one that "went." I like your idea for a more defined half ombre bracelet. I really like the idea of the bracelet below, too. I think the variation in sizes is interesting but I do wonder if the overall effect would be too "matchy" if that is something you're trying to avoid. I can't wait to see what you decide. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

IMG_3237c.GIF

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd probably get one that matched (I like sets lol) and one that "went." I like your idea for a more defined half ombre bracelet. I really like the idea of the bracelet below, too. I think the variation in sizes is interesting but I do wonder if the overall effect would be too "matchy" if that is something you're trying to avoid. I can't wait to see what you decide. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

IMG_3237c.GIF

Funnily I probably wouldn’t haven’t to alter my existing bracelet too much to get this look...maybe add more Tahitians to the middle

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to report I still looooove this strand, so much so I’d like to upgrade the clasp.

If any of you brilliant eBay/Etsy folk come across anything awesome and vintage that might be a good fit please let me know!

Rare_Swan

Rough_Rock
@MakingTheGrade

I am sad to see that your supplier for your breathtakingly beautiful ombre necklace cannot be found. Did they change names or did they not make it thanks to COVID?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade

I am sad to see that your supplier for your breathtakingly beautiful ombre necklace cannot be found. Did they change names or did they not make it thanks to COVID?

They may have changed their handle.

Full disclosure: they’re located in japan and mostly do wholesale and so don’t do returns, shipping is 90$ via FedEx and they only take payment by wire. I don’t mind any of the above but wanted to be upfront about it as many of those things are potentially dealbreakers for people. Obviously I love them given that I’m a repeat customer at this point.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They may have changed their handle.

Full disclosure: they’re located in japan and mostly do wholesale and so don’t do returns, shipping is 90$ via FedEx and they only take payment by wire. I don’t mind any of the above but wanted to be upfront about it as many of those things are potentially dealbreakers for people. Obviously I love them given that I’m a repeat customer at this point.

A ditto to the above from another repeat customer. Their customer service is nothing short of fantastic and they have high-quality pearls at incredible prices, and they’re happy to take as many photos/videos as requested. You have to go in with a good idea of what you want and what you’re looking at, though.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m going to add to the positive reviews for takahashi because it is so well deserved. If you can accept that shipping is expensive via FedEx and there are no returns, then their pearls are amazingly priced and amazingly good quality. I’m a repeat customer of theirs and will continue to be!

Takahashi is incredibly responsive to questions, very happy to take more photos to show off their wares and will source whatever you’re looking for happily. I’ve not posted on PS, but I’ve purchased some beautiful 12mm WSS studs, incredible blue akoya which look like SOAP bubbles, gem baby akoya and have them sourcing a few other things for me right now <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results