shape
carat
color
clarity

OMB--Feedback?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring design - very feminine and very gorgeous!

How long will it take to be finished?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh Haven Congrats!!! And what a lovely design!

Can't WAIT to see this one - it sounds *delicious* :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

Just another idea, would you consider rose cut surprise stones? I saw some baby rose cuts last week and they were so lovely and antiquey and charming - and I can't think of a better centrestone for a setting with rose cut accents 8)

Also - where is the rose gold going to end and the platinum going to begin? I've seen some more ornate designs wherein the entire head is plat and the gold shank just starts at the base of the head, and other designs where some of the head is gold and some is plat (where each design element is in one metal, rather than switching halfway, if that makes sense?) I think I did like the latter better - just looked more fluid to me, personally -

RingIdeas_0.jpg RingIdeas2.jpg

Though I think you could tape it to your finger and it'd be pretty darn stunning :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie--Each design element will be entirely in one metal, so it will look like the piece on the right. I like that fluid look, as well. I don't think I've ever seen a ring that combines metals in one design element, that sounds so interesting.

I love the idea of rose cut surprise stones, thank you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be honest - it looked - well, choppy, for lack of a more endearing term, but I guess like anything else done if properly it could be a unique and deliberately striking look..!

Good luck! :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, congrats Haven! It'll be stunning!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1300000613|2870620 said:
I'll be honest - it looked - well, choppy, for lack of a more endearing term, but I guess like anything else done if properly it could be a unique and deliberately striking look..!

Good luck! :))
I'm going to have to make sure that we're keeping each design element in one metal. I'm certain that's what we discussed, but now I'm nervous that it won't be done that way. Thank you for pointing that out, Yssie!

Thanks, Laila! I'm very excited.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent point Yssie - the exact reason I guess why your mounting can't be made with a platinum head and yellow or rose gold shank - or could it?????

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the ring will be made with a platinum head and the shank will be in rose gold. I am even less skilled with Photoshop than I am with drawing, so that's not saying much, but here's what I think is going to happen. (I'm going to send this to my jeweler to verify though, just in case!)
I'm so glad you brought this up, Yssie. I wouldn't want the metals to change in the middle of a design element. (I know the "rose gold" is way too dark, I just picked a pinkish color and went with it.)
ringmetals.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just sent an email with my crappy photoshopping of my poor drawing to my jeweler. I'm sure he's planning to keep each design element in one metal throughout because that's what we discussed, but now I'm paranoid about it so I'm really glad Yssie brought the issue to my attention!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1300040767|2870822 said:
Excellent point Yssie - the exact reason I guess why your mounting can't be made with a platinum head and yellow or rose gold shank - or could it?????
Why do you think it couldn't be made that way? Is that impossible? Now I'm nervous that my vision of this ring is totally unlike my jeweler's vision. ACK!

It's going to be handmade rather than cast, I believe this makes a difference in what can or can't be done, right? This discussion is making me nervous!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
PHEW. I already heard back from him--they're doing each design element in one metal entirely. I should have known better than to panic!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Haven I just wanted to say that your setting design and new center stone are GORGEOUS. can't wait to see the finished product!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exciting project that I'm just getting caught up on now ... can't wait to see how it all comes together! The stone looks amazing! Chunky little monkey .... if by "little" I mean "HUGE"! :wink2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, didn't mean to make you panic!

It's going to look lovely - and glad you got confirmation of everything you want :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1300049611|2870922 said:
Yikes, didn't mean to make you panic!

It's going to look lovely - and glad you got confirmation of everything you want :bigsmile:
No, it was a good thing! I'd much rather ask questions before the ring is made than be disappointed once it's finished.

Sig and Deco--Thank you!

I never thought I'd be upgrading so soon, and I'm really excited that we found this stone. I can't wait to have the ring on my hand!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was away and missed the updates, but man that looks great! I love the setting design.

One other thing to consider is whether you plan to wear it with your wedding band, which is an eternity correct? If you do plan that, then I would plan two things. 1) ensure that the thickness (i.e., height off the finger) of the new e-ring shank matches the height off the finger of the eternity so it looks matching. 2) perhaps have a super thin rose gold band made for a spacer. Like 1.5 mm perhaps, that also matches the thickness of the bands.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely design Haven. It is going to look amazing with the stone! Good luck and congratulations- it is going to be beautiful!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Haven! I'm so glad you decided to upgrade to the stone that obviously makes you so happy! And your design for your custom ring looks beautiful. Do you know how long you'll have to wait to get it on your finger? I can't wait to see pics of the finished ring!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just read the whole thread. Congrats Haven! It sounds like it's been quite a ride already. :) And I'm glad to see you've come to the conclusion that you're a color girl. Just gotta love em right? I recently saw a 5 carat L haloed cushion that looked like cream. :love:

I'll be checking for the updates and the completed ring. It's so fun to live vicariously through other people's projects. ;))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1300166308|2872093 said:
I was away and missed the updates, but man that looks great! I love the setting design.

One other thing to consider is whether you plan to wear it with your wedding band, which is an eternity correct? If you do plan that, then I would plan two things. 1) ensure that the thickness (i.e., height off the finger) of the new e-ring shank matches the height off the finger of the eternity so it looks matching. 2) perhaps have a super thin rose gold band made for a spacer. Like 1.5 mm perhaps, that also matches the thickness of the bands.
Dreamer--Thank you for this advice! I've been sweating the whole situation a bit, because I just can't picture my wedding band with this new ring. If they look nice together, I'll definitely wear them together, but if not I'll move my wedding band to my right hand and wear it with my grandmother's ring, a combo that looks amazing to me.

I love the idea of a super thin rose gold band. I've kept a copy of AlloAmie's wedding set in my "Favorites" file for a while, now, and her super thin milgrained rose gold band is really beautiful. The whole set is stunning:
alloamie.jpg

Thank you for sharing in my excitement, everyone! I'm kind of nervous about designing the ring based on my drawing, as I am not a jeweler, but here's hoping that it will turn out well. I'm glad to hear that it looks good to others, too--at least I know I'm not totally crazy.

ksinger--I do love those low colored stones. It took me a while to realize it, but man are they gorgeous.

sandyandisaac--Thank you! We're looking at three to four weeks for the setting. It's going to be a loooong three to four weeks! I didn't want to part with my current ring even though we're trading it in for the new one, and my amazing jeweler is letting me wear it until the ring is completely finished.

Missy--Thank you! I'm so excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results