carat
color
clarity

Old World Diamonds - Trade up Policy

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
msop04|1476380240|4086734 said:
I agree 100% with Yssie and DS... those who purchased prior to when OWD stopped the upgrade policy should be grandfathered in. Not offering an upgrade policy when it may not benefit your business is one thing -- refusal to honor an existing upgrade policy is very unethical and just plain wrong!

Amen!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP - glad to see this will work out for you the way you initially wanted, if you plan to proceed with your trade in.
It looks like OWD has maybe changed their stance on prior purchases?
It looks like the possibility of poor PR has a heavy weight.
It looks like possibly now past customers shall be grandfathered in, but I wonder if it will be seamless for them or if they will have to provide copies of emails/be on social media?
I wonder if there will be a line of demarcation of which past customers OWD will honor the past policy, offer a moderation, or refuse?
I hope others do post their experiences, positive or negative, if they choose to upgrade thru them.
I foresee prices being removed from public view on their website for them to adjust their pricing to accommodate his situation.
I do understand the pitfalls of being a business owner and having to make these decisions- but I'm really surprised at this.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rfisher|1476451291|4086995 said:
OP - glad to see this will work out for you the way you initially wanted, if you plan to proceed with your trade in.
It looks like OWD has maybe changed their stance on prior purchases?
It looks like the possibility of poor PR has a heavy weight.
It looks like possibly now past customers shall be grandfathered in, but I wonder if it will be seamless for them or if they will have to provide copies of emails/be on social media?
I wonder if there will be a line of demarcation of which past customers OWD will honor the past policy, offer a moderation, or refuse?
I hope others do post their experiences, positive or negative, if they choose to upgrade thru them.
I foresee prices being removed from public view on their website for them to adjust their pricing to accommodate his situation.
I do understand the pitfalls of being a business owner and having to make these decisions- but I'm really surprised at this.

This is what I meant in the other thread, are we going to see prices increasing within color and clarity grades, e.g. high G becomes a low G now for the same price and high SI1 becomes low SI1. Maybe they will just raise all prices on cut, carat too.

I wonder if NOW is the time to upgrade or what will happen in the future???

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Update

Adam and I have spoken and OWD will honor the trade up as communicated to me when I made my purchase.
I really appreciate that he came through for me.

As I understand it, although the market has changed, OWD will try their best to work with returning customers on a case by case basis.

I am not certain if they still offer an upgrade policy but if they do, it will come with limitations.
I think it is best to check with OWD if you are considering making a purchase.

Thank you everyone for sharing your views.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results