carat
color
clarity

Old World Diamonds policies

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo :)

Can anyone tell me if OWD has a trade up policy? If so, can you tell me, pls, what it is?

Many thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I bought my diamond I had full trade up value. I don’t know what it is now. Is it on the website? You should contact Adam directly and see what he says.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I bought my diamond I had full trade up value. I don’t know what it is now. Is it on the website? You should contact Adam directly and see what he says.

That's encouraging!

I cant see anything on the web site (which is not to say it isn't there), but would, obviously, love it if the same policy was in play; can you tell me how long ago you bought your diamond? Would rather not contact a vendor at this point.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Matilda - that was really helpful.

From what I can see, OWD no longer offers an upgrade policy. They might, on occasion, work out some sort of case-by-case arrangement with a previous customer, but that certainly doesn't qualify as a policy.

For people like me who were just going to upgrade and upgrade - slowly pootling their way to a bigger and bigger diamond - this is prohibitive. Sadly, I won't be doing business with OWD, which is very disappointing, as their inventory is lovely.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just reading the trade-up policies for jewels By Grace. Can anyone explain to me what *this* means?

~ We cannot accept more than 2 items in trade.

2 items...at a time? Or you can upgrade once, then a second time, then - that's it? Any info would be very appreciated.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I was told very recently, they will try their best to work with a customer regarding a trade in. But it all depends on market demand and inventory at the time.
I don’t consider this (and OWD probably doesn’t either) a trade in policy at all.
My takeaway:
If you happen to be trading in a stone that’s in demand at the time, I’d assume he’d probably make a great offer. Otherwise, not so much.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No trade up policy! No trade in guarantee! Beware with the OWD purchase, as it is final!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone answer my question above about Jewels by Grace?

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can anyone answer my question above about Jewels by Grace?

Hmmm. Well....I am a habitual old cut shopper (and buyer I guess at this point) and will say that currently, to my knowledge, none of the old cut dealers have an upgrade policy which is the equivalent of the "$1 more" policies. LAD has a written policy, but it is only applicable to stones in her current stock, which to me, at my current size/budget point, isn't helpful. JBG will take trades of past purchases, but again from what I was told it's not a full-credit-as-long-as-you're-spending-more situation. Ivy and Rose has a trade in policy but I think if you're going big long term, their stock is probably not going to be a reliable source to pick from.

I can say with all of my shopping and buying experience OWD has been the most easy going and favorable in working trades (as well as the general buying experience and other policies etc). I've purchased both before and after the official trade in policy was discontinued. I've never actually traded in any of my stones, but we've certainly discussed it and I didn't feel like it was a dire proposition.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If there is no written upgrade policy on the website of the dealer, do not relay of what the people tell you about their experience with this or other dealer.
OWD does not have any upgrade policy, and trade in is case to case and customer to customer.
Jewels by Grace has upgrade policy with double the purchase amount.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results