shape
carat
color
clarity

Old settings?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Would anyone by chance have a vendor on hand that specifically sells antique or vintage settings? I've looked through ebay and etsy of course. I have a Christmas project in mind and really would rather not recreate the wheel and if I could, would much rather put a new stone into an old setting. Just asking as a point of reference by chance.

Thank you in advance all.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pre loved settings arent easy to find. I’m always on the lookout as I have a heap of gems in need of a setting. eBay often has a few but mostly they are overpriced in my opinion. Mind you I’m only interested in bargains.
Loupe Troop often has pre loved settings but again the choice isn’t huge so it’s tricky if you’re looking for a specific setting ie white gold to suit an 8 x 6 oval.
Heads can always be changed over but it starts adding up if the prongs need work and if the ring also needs sizing.
These are settings I’ve bought pre loved / reused.
4684534E-8DD5-4582-8056-216AE56F9DCB.jpeg 88190E86-D320-4E72-9B47-FAA2A1845D2C.jpeg 815DFB32-4C34-4A89-913C-BD4A3EABFE8B.jpeg 45E2ECD3-5636-45D8-B597-2F58797A3D8A.jpeg D5435308-CFD4-4F77-8087-45C3DC2638FF.jpeg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Would anyone by chance have a vendor on hand that specifically sells antique or vintage settings? I've looked through ebay and etsy of course. I have a Christmas project in mind and really would rather not recreate the wheel and if I could, would much rather put a new stone into an old setting. Just asking as a point of reference by chance.

Thank you in advance all.

Does it have to be antique/vintage or can it be inspired? Ivy and Rose sells a lot of fairly affordable antique-inspired semi-mounts and they are easy to work with. They will actually set the stone for you too if you send it to them in Chicago. I recall they used to actually sell vintage preowned ring settings but I think they have moved away from that. If you are looking for the real thing, then I think Bron’s suggestions will be the best.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels by Grace often has a few antique settings. I would contact her to see if she has anything in stock that isn't listed.

It is hard to find genuine antique settings. Most vendors don't bother because they cannot make enough profit from selling them so they generally aren't interested in helping you find something special but if they happen to have it in inventory you could get lucky.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a mix of original and new so inquire if it has to be antique for your project. Years back I got a new setting from them and am pleased with the ring.
antiqueengagementrings.com
9CFDF041-5A31-4869-8A3A-673787E9C9BD.jpeg 7E6BAC1A-D76F-4856-ABC4-3A143E8E59D3.jpeg 99DC05AA-29D0-4A99-8753-AF79D918E03F.jpeg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@Bron357 these are GREAT! I want everything for $1, and I scour the net, yes everyone on ebay is over priced and I do not blame them at all I <3 commerce. There is a fine line between making a profit and getting a good deal without gauging the consumer. I am on the hunt.

@peacechick I am kind of working my way backwards on a Christmas project. Have you ever had your eye on a stone and watched it for so long in hopes it just wouldn't sell until the day you were given the green light to pull the trigger? This is what I'm waiting on. I've been looking for a gem/color like this for years. So now I'm in a holding pattern waiting to purchase. We're about to head into storm season here and it's either this gem or a natural gas generator [guess which comes first !#%$&]...being responsible sucks! lol But re: Ivy & Rose-I LOVE them-and they are often very reasonably priced thank you for the suggestion and 411.

@missy I have JBG in my bookmarks and completely forgot about them [smacks forehead] thank you! The stone is quite large, 11x10 rectangle, about 6.4 carats [see below].

@kgizo they have beautiful stuff thank you I will bookmark them for daily checks.

This is my holy grail..she's the one..hubby won't be able to green light her for another month or so. If she's gone by the time we're able to green light then I'll just have to keep looking but she makes me weak in the knees.

hope.jpg

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 these are GREAT! I want everything for $1, and I scour the net, yes everyone on ebay is over priced and I do not blame them at all I <3 commerce. There is a fine line between making a profit and getting a good deal without gauging the consumer. I am on the hunt.

@peacechick I am kind of working my way backwards on a Christmas project. Have you ever had your eye on a stone and watched it for so long in hopes it just wouldn't sell until the day you were given the green light to pull the trigger? This is what I'm waiting on. I've been looking for a gem/color like this for years. So now I'm in a holding pattern waiting to purchase. We're about to head into storm season here and it's either this gem or a natural gas generator [guess which comes first !#%$&]...being responsible sucks! lol But re: Ivy & Rose-I LOVE them-and they are often very reasonably priced thank you for the suggestion and 411.

@missy I have JBG in my bookmarks and completely forgot about them [smacks forehead] thank you! The stone is quite large, 11x10 rectangle, about 6.4 carats [see below].

@kgizo they have beautiful stuff thank you I will bookmark them for daily checks.

This is my holy grail..she's the one..hubby won't be able to green light her for another month or so. If she's gone by the time we're able to green light then I'll just have to keep looking but she makes me weak in the knees.

hope.jpg

I truly hope she waits for you!!!
Beauty!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@missy

hope.jpg

What a lovely, ethereal color! May I ask what kind of stone this is?

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a lovely, ethereal color! May I ask what kind of stone this is?

It's an unheated sapphire :) to me it's a fine line between blue gray and a light lavender color. It's the perfect shade. Not one I see often, but in many variations throughout the net. However-its on the large side and I'm still on the hunt. Christmas and sale time is right around the corner im holding out for a sale.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

Many years ago somebody posted about their quest to find a perfect taaffeite to use in an engagement ring. Your sapphire made me think of that stone.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you!

Many years ago somebody posted about their quest to find a perfect taaffeite to use in an engagement ring. Your sapphire made me think of that stone.

WOW..I’ve never even heard of that stone how neat thank you for referencing it

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

hope.jpg

I just adore this color - soft bluish violet with grey undertones. It’s absolutely stunning. Love love love, excited to see the completed project.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just an update on this-she is still available. I have a short list of omc clusters to go with the design. I should have more details next month.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results