shape
carat
color
clarity

Old round diamond in new Beaudry stilette mounitng

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 9:34
6.gif
9 PM
Author: windowshopper
astounding!
DITTO!!!!!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Josh,

Thanks for your information abour recutting. My diamond had to be recut for two reasons. One was to remove the bruise (still can''t figure out how it happened). Under the microscope, the bruise looks like a little worm, a white fuzzy line with little legs on the surface of a facet). The other is to improve the appearance. The stone was a 60/60 type cut, but it never looked good. I didn''t realize the problem until Jeff at The Diamond Broker pointed out to me that a few of the pavilion facets were out of alignment with the crown facets. I saw the stone under a proportion scope and some of the arrows were broken. When Beaudry got the stone, I was told the stone was also out of round. Anyway, I am not sure what their cutter did, but he did a great job. He definitely recut the crown because the bruise was on the crown and the table is now 57%. The pavilion was probably recut too. Anyway to get to super ideal would have meant going down to 2.2 carat or so and that seemed like too much. Whatever it is now, it''s good enough for me. The stone is more brilliant and has lots more dispersion. It looks like it''s on fire. It is definitely a bug improvement and worth loosing 0.15 carat.

Art Nouveau

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Fountainfarefax:

The whole project took two months, one month to recut and recertifiy the diamond and another month to make the ring. The most stressful part was waiting for the recut and recertification by GIA, because of the uncertainty of what I will end up with. The design part was not too stressful because I have seen similar design made by Beaudry, and I was able to talk to Stephen in person at a trunk show. Later, I went over details such as the type of prongs, how high to set the center stone, and engraving design, with Stephen by phone. I bought the diamond twenty years ago and was pleasantly surprised at the appraised value of the new ring. Even with a smaller stone, the value has gone up a lot.

Art Nouveau

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Mamchris,

Beaudry does not sell directly to the public. You have to go through a jewelry store that carries their line. I went through The Diamond Broker. Their workmanship is magnificient, but expect to pay a premium. Pearlman has a very good web site showing a lot of Beaudry rings and semi mounts. Take a look to get some idea of pricing. You can always try to negotiate a little discount.

Art Nouveau

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Handshots:

stilettehand4.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot

stilettehand1.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I keep coming back to look at your ring. It''s truly amazing. Wear it in good health!

DiamondLil

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Looks just luscious on your hands! Wow!
30.gif
9.gif
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous, you have lovely hands btw!!
30.gif
36.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/5/2005 1:32
6.gif
1 AM
Author: Art Nouveau
Josh,

Thanks for your information abour recutting. My diamond had to be recut for two reasons. One was to remove the bruise (still can''t figure out how it happened). Under the microscope, the bruise looks like a little worm, a white fuzzy line with little legs on the surface of a facet). The other is to improve the appearance. The stone was a 60/60 type cut, but it never looked good. I didn''t realize the problem until Jeff at The Diamond Broker pointed out to me that a few of the pavilion facets were out of alignment with the crown facets. I saw the stone under a proportion scope and some of the arrows were broken. When Beaudry got the stone, I was told the stone was also out of round. Anyway, I am not sure what their cutter did, but he did a great job. He definitely recut the crown because the bruise was on the crown and the table is now 57%. The pavilion was probably recut too. Anyway to get to super ideal would have meant going down to 2.2 carat or so and that seemed like too much. Whatever it is now, it''s good enough for me. The stone is more brilliant and has lots more dispersion. It looks like it''s on fire. It is definitely a bug improvement and worth loosing 0.15 carat.

Art Nouveau
Your Welcome Art Nouveau:
35.gif

The hand shots are STUNNING ...
6.gif
Your ring a beautiful, bold, and elegant...
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my, fab remake! Love it.

This is your second "Beaudry" if I am not mistaken, the last one you bought at a trunk show? I can see why you like this designers work.

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
can it look even better on!? your ring is just stunning!!! thanks for adding the hand pics!!
36.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing setting! It is perfect for your stone!
Congrats!
9.gif

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. Your ring is absolutely spectacular, wear it in good health!

deny

Rough_Rock
Your ring really is incredible. I don''t say that too often...but it is!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I need to visit the eye candy threads more often. That is huge and delicious!

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 11:11
6.gif
5 AM
Author: mamchris
Your ring is beautiful. I am going through the same thing. But my diamond is only a 1 ct. round. I am having trouble finding a setting that I like, I have looked through 100''s of designs on the web and seen some simon g and martin flyer rings in person that have a similar design to your ring. When I find a ring that I like, the basket of diamonds is too small or the shank is to large or too narrow. I have a size 4 finger. Even though my ring is small I want alot of diamonds around it to make the ring look larger. You said that Beaudry worked with you. I live near philly and nyc and I am afraid of getting taken any suggestions. I would like the setting in plat. Can I ask what I should expect to pay?
1.gif
My husband and I tried to get Beaudry to make us a custom ring with my diamond (3 carats) last year. It was for our 25th wedding anniversary. We went through Donoho''s here in Houston. We sent him the diamond but Stephen was so difficult to work with that we had Beaudry send the diamond back to us. We met Charles Krypell at a trunk show at Donoho''s shortly thereafter, and decided to let him make the ring for us. Charles is a major designer located in NYC. I love my ring and Charles was so wonderful to work with. My setting is similar in feel to the Beaudry ring. Charles does a collection called the Pastel Collection that my setting is inspired from.
Elizabeth

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
chinluvr

I read about your issues with Beaudry in the earlier threads. Sorry it didn''t work out for you. Stephen was very nice to me as he personally took care of getting my diamond recut and recertified by GIA in record time. I had to send my ring back to touch up a minor imperfection, and got it back in a week. However, I am a bit upset that I was unable to get the full "Beaudry" stamp on my ring. I got the ''fleur de lis'' and a ''B''. They are firm about protecting the Beaudry Couture line and wants to distingusih between rings with their stones and rings with the cutomer''s stone. I was aware of the policy when I ordered the mounting, and figured it''s not a big deal since I am not planning to ever sell the ring. But I can''t help being a bit irritated. This is the one issue that keeps my experience with them from being 100% satisfactory.

chinluvr

Rough_Rock
Art Nouveau,
The lack of the Beaudry stamp and no wood box was a surprise to us as well as to the salesman at Donoho''s. When we found out that he wouldn''t put his name on the ring, we decided to look elsewhere. Charles had no problem stamping his name on the ring or giving us a beautiful wood box along with a handwritten note of warm wishes.

I have to say "Your ring is gorgeous!" I''m sure you''ve received lots of compliments.
Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results