shape
carat
color
clarity

"Old ring" with new custom basket (chunky 4 prong)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! My ring is not quite as flashy as many that I have veiwed on this board but it will have to work until I win the lottery!!!! LOL.

1.1 center round with 2 1/3 total on the sides in princess cut.

I had a traditional basket 6 prong on the ring and never felt it quite looked right with the square/geometric setting. I had a custom basket made--4 prong and chunky to "update" the look.

Sorry I only have one pic that is clear..rest are blurry but you will get the idea. I am also attaching a pic of the "old" 6 prong traditional basket.

Thanks for peaking! :)

Sorry for the multiple pages...first pic is the "old" ring below.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh..I like the "before" pic..pretty setting !
And..now the new??

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the new pics from RT thread hope cinnamonstick doesn''t mind me helping a bit

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-needed-for-new-prongs-who-has-great-taste.117789/

New%20ring%20Asmaller.jpg

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
New custom basket

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
THANKS for helping!! LOL! I was having difficulty.... :) Not sure why??? Could be me...I blame the computer.

Thanks for the compliment....HOPEFULLY you will also like this setting (basket).... :) :) It really changed the look of the ring.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW..it''s so different looking now! I like it..makes the stone look more square now I bet. Matches the princess cut diamonds down the shank better IMO! Enjoy the new, improved ring!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank God you said you liked the new setting!!!! LOL!!! My heart skipped a beat when you said my origional setting was pretty.

It does appear MUCH more square and actually---larger! :) Always good!!

I was surprised how much different it looked when I picked up the ring. I thought it would be a more subtle change and didnt know if it was worth the moneyh ($450 plus tx)...it is like a "new" ring. Trendy......but I love it!

Hope it is secure....worried. Need to update insurance policy! :)

When you see it in person the prongs blend with the center diamond a bit and you dont really notice (quite as much as in the photo) if that makes sense.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 4:59:05 PM
Author: beau13
WOW..it''s so different looking now! I like it..makes the stone look more square now I bet. Matches the princess cut diamonds down the shank better IMO! Enjoy the new, improved ring!
ditto Beau - I like the more square look of your diamond that matches up with the lines of your princess stones. The prongs look very sturdy too for being four pronged.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks D&T. I REALLY appreciate your opinion!!!!! It was a big move for me and I was kinda on the fence since there would be no going back. I just felt the 6 prong made the stone very round (of course, it is a round diamond) and felt a princess, cushion, or emerald would look best in the setting. It was not an option to upgrade/trade in the center stone. Unfortunately!!

I was afraid I would share pics and people would reply they perfered it the first way! Which some still may.... but off to a good start! :)

If anybody wants a less blurry pic, let me know and I will try get one. I took a MILLION but most were blurry. These were the "best" (the ones in the link above included).

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the new head much better! I''m always partial to 4-prongs and square settings.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I think that the new basket fits the style of the ring alot more than the old one- great upgrade!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it has a great chunky look - I would love to see what it looks like on your finger!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a bold move -- and a good one! That basket looks like it should have been there all along -- what was the original designer thinking?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love your redo....AWESOME!
36.gif

Lori

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go Elegant...sorry for the older hand. I never knew 37 looked so...old?? LOL! When did that happen?? Thanks for all the compliments! I am thrilled! :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that looks great! Very pretty, enjoy!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry pics are not best quality....

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I really love 4 prong settings
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Now that I see had pics, the diamond looks much larger than a carat!! The bolder look of this ring (which I love) makes it appear HUGE..it has such a presence on your hand. I''m sure it grabs the attention of onlookers more so than it would if it where in a thin, dainty, tiffany setting persay! Good choice!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks a ton! I was surprised how the prongs "trick the eye".. The white gold prongs and diamond "blend" to create one large surface area fooling that the diamond is larger than the 1.1 it is from a reasonable distance (foot or so). VERY pleased....worth every penny.....but the center stone moves side to side like clock handles -spins a bit (no up and down movement). I have to take it back to get fixed. Not happy.
7.gif

OH well....good with the bad.

Thanks :) :) I was pretty scared to make the change not knowing how it would look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results