shape
carat
color
clarity

Old european cut three stone ring by 23rd Street Jewelers

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Old european cut three stone ring by 23rd Street Jeweler

That is an unbelievably gorgeous ring and I love the whole set with those fun ebay bands! :love:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1337355622|3198431 said:
Maisie|1337337682|3198273 said:
Umm.....you know that thing I was saying the other day about being set on getting another halo...... :loopy:

This actually made me chortle out loud this morning Maisie. Well, if you want our input in a 3 stone ring, we're happy to help! Lots of 3 stone projects going on around PS right now.... :naughty:

I might be asking for help in the next few weeks then :))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maisie|1337371374|3198624 said:
Umm.....you know that thing I was saying the other day about being set on getting another halo...... :loopy:

This actually made me chortle out loud this morning Maisie. Well, if you want our input in a 3 stone ring, we're happy to help! Lots of 3 stone projects going on around PS right now.... :naughty:

:appl: Now that I am done with my project, I'm happy to live vicariously through someone else's! :bigsmile:

Something that might help you decide, Maisie, is what you might want this ring to be to you. I mean, in the end, jewelry is jewelry, but most of my stuff has been to mark some event in my life (the custom pieces I have, that is. Engagement, birth of child, 40th bday year). I'll be honest, 3 stone rings have never appealed to me, for myself. I always thought they'd look weird on my hand and while there are a few I appreciate on PS (I LOVED Alj's when I saw it in person), it just wasn't for me.

Then I thought about what I wanted in a new ring (this is before I saw the ebay brooch, btw). And I decided a 3 stone ring would be perfect for what I wanted it to mark. The Amelia ring came up the same way...I didn't go after a pad because I wanted a pad. After I had Amelia, I knew I wanted pink..a delicate, special pink, plus diamonds for her birthstone, and a delicate "sweet" ring.

For this three stone, then it was a matter of figuring out what would look good and what would be a ring I wouldn't regret. I love old cuts, so I looked for those first. Old cuts found. OK, then there are issues with security and stability because old cuts usually have thin girdles, so bezels were the answer. But I don't like round bezels on me for a 3 stone. And so on, and so on. I looked up every three stone ring thread on PS, paying attention to finger sizes and stone dimensions (I actually did this before I found the brooch, I think, but was more obsessive afterward.) Custom can be nervewracking, as you know. I tried to minimize the amount of surprise.

Anyway, my point is, all this takes time and patience. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with, and I'd definitely say, take your time and build patiently (although overthinking is a killer too, trust me), and I'm sure you will end up with a ring you adore.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

:lol: Thanks for the mouse shot! But wait! I see no mouse--all I see is a gorgeous old-cut diamond ring... :naughty:

MouseIsInDaHouse_0.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I confess....I searched ebay for vintage diamond brooches after seeing TGal's ring yesterday! :cheeky: I'm suprised we haven't crashed ebay yet....thank goodness I came to my senses before I placed any bids!! :errrr:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

lol Coati, good answer. ;))

Yennyfire, that made me laugh out loud. I do search for brooches for fun still, but I am the first to say, there are WAY easier ways to make a three stone ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

No kidding TGal! I know that I spent HOURS (probably days/weeks) hunting for a match for the OEC that I had planned to make into earrings. Of course, finding a brooch with 3 stones that work well together to turn into a 3 stone ring was a stroke of genius!!

Your stunner had me frothing at the mouth and I love the sentimentality behind it....past, present, future...you, TGuy, DD....it's perfection....truly...you did GOOD!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

yennyfire|1337377594|3198700 said:
No kidding TGal! I know that I spent HOURS (probably days/weeks) hunting for a match for the OEC that I had planned to make into earrings. Of course, finding a brooch with 3 stones that work well together to turn into a 3 stone ring was a stroke of genius!!

Your stunner had me frothing at the mouth and I love the sentimentality behind it....past, present, future...you, TGuy, DD....it's perfection....truly...you did GOOD!

These three stones would not have made the cut for most PSers to be put in a ring. It really help to be loosey goosey no picky wicky! :cheeky:

Thank you...I love the sentimentality that justifies such an extravagant gift too. :devil: TGuy did really did like the proportions of the stones though...but he seems to think there is something as "too big." :-o ::)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Too big??? Me no comprende!! Lol! If you ever decide that your new ring isn't up to your exacting PS standards, I'd be thrilled to give it a good home for you! :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

yennyfire|1337379290|3198717 said:
Too big??? Me no comprende!! Lol! If you ever decide that your new ring isn't up to your exacting PS standards, I'd be thrilled to give it a good home for you! :naughty:

Haha! I'll keep that in mind. When I was thinking of what I wanted, the option was a 3 stone vs a big honker. TGuy liked the three stone idea for a number of reasons. He asked me about the honker, "Well, when does it end?" I said "Huh?" He replied, "Meaning, when would you be satisfied? 2 carats? 3? 10?"

To which I say "Huh? Does. Not. Compute." :cheeky:

Seriously though, I don't think I'm a honker girl. This three stone is actually insane to wear with the bands. I never suffered DSS with my e-ring, so this will take awhile to get used to. I actually thought last night: I can see why Gypsy sold her Aurora...I hope to god this is "real world bling" for me, and I will get comfy with being blingastic. If I succeed, I'm going to by 2 inch diamond hoops next and those juicy tracky dacks. :naughty: :kiss:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1337373242|3198641 said:
Maisie|1337371374|3198624 said:

:appl: Now that I am done with my project, I'm happy to live vicariously through someone else's! :bigsmile:

Something that might help you decide, Maisie, is what you might want this ring to be to you. I mean, in the end, jewelry is jewelry, but most of my stuff has been to mark some event in my life (the custom pieces I have, that is. Engagement, birth of child, 40th bday year). I'll be honest, 3 stone rings have never appealed to me, for myself. I always thought they'd look weird on my hand and while there are a few I appreciate on PS (I LOVED Alj's when I saw it in person), it just wasn't for me.

Then I thought about what I wanted in a new ring (this is before I saw the ebay brooch, btw). And I decided a 3 stone ring would be perfect for what I wanted it to mark. The Amelia ring came up the same way...I didn't go after a pad because I wanted a pad. After I had Amelia, I knew I wanted pink..a delicate, special pink, plus diamonds for her birthstone, and a delicate "sweet" ring.

For this three stone, then it was a matter of figuring out what would look good and what would be a ring I wouldn't regret. I love old cuts, so I looked for those first. Old cuts found. OK, then there are issues with security and stability because old cuts usually have thin girdles, so bezels were the answer. But I don't like round bezels on me for a 3 stone. And so on, and so on. I looked up every three stone ring thread on PS, paying attention to finger sizes and stone dimensions (I actually did this before I found the brooch, I think, but was more obsessive afterward.) Custom can be nervewracking, as you know. I tried to minimize the amount of surprise.

Anyway, my point is, all this takes time and patience. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with, and I'd definitely say, take your time and build patiently (although overthinking is a killer too, trust me), and I'm sure you will end up with a ring you adore.

Thats very sound advice. I won't threadjack your thread any further and I will take some time to think this through. I'm in no hurry and will be sure to know exactly what I want before I make any decisions. :))

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1337379570|3198720 said:
yennyfire|1337379290|3198717 said:

Haha! I'll keep that in mind. When I was thinking of what I wanted, the option was a 3 stone vs a big honker. TGuy liked the three stone idea for a number of reasons. He asked me about the honker, "Well, when does it end?" I said "Huh?" He replied, "Meaning, when would you be satisfied? 2 carats? 3? 10?"

To which I say "Huh? Does. Not. Compute." :cheeky:

Seriously though, I don't think I'm a honker girl. This three stone is actually insane to wear with the bands. I never suffered DSS with my e-ring, so this will take awhile to get used to. I actually thought last night: I can see why Gypsy sold her Aurora...I hope to god this is "real world bling" for me, and I will get comfy with being blingastic. If I succeed, I'm going to by 2 inch diamond hoops next and those juicy tracky dacks. :naughty: :kiss:

LOL I teased Gypsy about this in that thread, because I bought her Aurora and it is my staple favourite piece! :lol: Apparently I am a vulgar woman who is overblinged! hahaha.... I own it.

You asked what I was up to: it is boring, just still pondering the whole three stone thing since I have the stones (the .97 and my two .70ct stones). I feel like I should make a three stone because I have the stones and they are awesome. But, being the vulgar woman that I am, I also know I would prefer a larger OEC as a key stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

coatimundi|1337374179|3198659 said:
:lol: Thanks for the mouse shot! But wait! I see no mouse--all I see is a gorgeous old-cut diamond ring... :naughty:

MouseIsInDaHouse_0.jpg

I agree!

And I also think yours is nicer than the inspiration TGal. The bezels are more sublte and the diamonds look better on your hand.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer, now that I have mine, I vote you find bigger if you want to use the .7 sides. I really like the proportions that I have, and I think my finger is about a size smaller than yours.

Also, you'll laugh, but I was thinking about the aurora this morning. I was wearing my ring and I *think* I remember reading that the stones are .30's (the bigger ones?) I thought...hm, I actually don't think it would be blingy enough...I need the bigger center! So I'm getting pretty comfy with the bling factor!

Thanks for the compliment about my ring vs the inspiration.

I'm now leaning toward keeping it as is. I don't want to mess with the ring, and also looking at it, for the smaller octagons, the uninterrupted prongs lines make it appear distinctly octagonal. IRL, if I changed it the other way, I think the ring from the side would look more round. It's fine on the original, which was a bigger stone, but I think mine works fine this way. Still, going to just enjoy wearing it for the next week and see what I think. ::)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Btw 1.5 center and those sides would be awesome. :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, gorgeous,gorgeous! I love the meaning behind the ring -- very special.

I always love reading your reviews. I get a lot out of them and I appreciate how detailed they are.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful Tgal!!! I really love it! Thanks so much for your detailed critique. It will be helpful to many. Enjoy your new fabulous bling!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful Tgal, another vote for leaving it as is :)

Oh and here here for big bling for your 40th, it truly softened the blow for me :naughty:

ETA Settled on any plans for the brooch yet? Would look gorgeous with three Aquas or pearls?? :Up_to_something:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Miranda! Let us know if you use them and of course post pics!

MizNina, Ari at Singlestone sold the brooch for me. Judging by what it sold for, the jeweler will most likely add new stones and sell it. Probably as a pendant. It just wasn't something I would ever wear. ;(

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1337465240|3199341 said:
Gorgeous, gorgeous,gorgeous! I love the meaning behind the ring -- very special.

I always love reading your reviews. I get a lot out of them and I appreciate how detailed they are.

Thanks Zoe. I know they can be long, but whenever I research a project and delve into the archives, I'm always thankful to the posters that post every minute detail. You know how PSers can be about research. ::)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

AMAZEBALLS :love:

Man I love that pad ring too. I NEED one I tell you!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Beautiful stones, and a beautiful setting with beautiful proportions on your finger (sorry, no coffee as yet, and my vocabulary is still awfully limited :cheeky: ).

Congrats on a successful bling journey! Love the way it turned out.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1337462054|3199307 said:
[ Apparently I am a vulgar woman who is overblinged! hahaha.... I own it.

HAHAHA - welcome to the club! Wear it with pride! :naughty: :naughty:

Mara and I laugh about this same thing all the time because she's much more understated as a rule with her jewelry, and I'm typically decorated like a Christmas tree! LOL What can I say, I like the baubles. ALWAYS glad to have another member of the rock-it-out bling club!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

aljdewey|1337531540|3199726 said:
Dreamer_D|1337462054|3199307 said:
Apparently I am a vulgar woman who is overblinged! hahaha.... I own it.

HAHAHA - welcome to the club! Wear it with pride! :naughty: :naughty:

Mara and I laugh about this same thing all the time because she's much more understated as a rule with her jewelry, and I'm typically decorated like a Christmas tree! LOL What can I say, I like the baubles. ALWAYS glad to have another member of the rock-it-out bling club!

;)) I don't wear much but what I wear is bold for these parts.

Mara can pretend to be "understated" all she likes, but there is nothing understated about a 2.3ct RB and a pave encrusted OEC three stone and 5mm OECs in halo studs!! :tongue:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1337536996|3199766 said:
Mara can pretend to be "understated" all she likes, but there is nothing understated about a 2.3ct RB and a pave encrusted OEC three stone and 5mm OECs in halo studs!! :tongue:

DD, having been friends with her for nearly a decade now, I can assure you her style IS considerably more understated. It's not a pretense; for YEARS, the only bling she wore was her wedding set. Other than her e-ring, she hasn't been much of a jewelry-wearer over the past decade. She's never been one for bracelets, earrings, or necklaces, so while she's had some things, she's not worn them much.

You know the other pieces you're mentioning are more recent acquisitions for her. Not really surprising; most women grow into feeling comfortable with flashier bling. We all like exercising that prerogative to change our minds, I guess, and I'm glad she's enjoying a bit more sparkle. :) I'm sure you'll understand that; just a scant few months ago, you sold your RB e-ring because you felt it was "too much", and with a brief pitstop into smaller mm, you're heading back up to that range again. As long as it makes your heart sing, I say rock it out!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

I think, too, that while we may all share pieces that we have or get, that doesn't mean we wear all of them heavily in daily life. Depends on one's lifestyle, I think. :naughty:

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow, incredible ring! Thanks for all of the detail in your posts. I really enjoyed reading all of it and the other thread as well...not to mention the pics :love:

Burk

Ideal_Rock

This turned out absolutely perfect! So, so happy for you! Can't wait to see that pretty in person....just pissed my fingers are too damn big to try it on! ;-)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

TGal any more photos?

And I was teasing Mara, Alj, nothing more or less.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results