shape
carat
color
clarity

Old European Cut and Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beverley k will do modifications so they can probably turn that setting into one with a bezel. I''d email or call Pearlmans.

my personal favorite metal is platinum if budget allows. But, WG reacts with my skin and yellows quickly on me. I just like the heavier feel of platinum. WG would be my second choice and there are some folks who have had WG settings for years with no problems and it is easy to have plated if it does start to yellow. I know palladium is becoming popular but I probably wouldn''t want to use it in a lifelong engagement ring just yet. Lots of jewelers still do not know how to even work with it if the ring would ever need repair. those are just my opinions though.

Rough_Rock
Any idea (ballpark) what it would cost to re-plate the ring if I went with WG?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
different stores charge different amounts but it''s usually $20-$30. My sister in law has her''s re-plated once an year and it keeps it nice and shiny.

Rough_Rock
Hmmm. Maybe i''ll just go with WG then. This guy i''m working with is pushing palladium hard, though. Says he''s been working with it for 20 years

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Just pick up the phone and call Pearlman''s. I worked with Julian, and he was fabulous on phone and by email. BevK has done modifications and they do a nice job. It''s nice knowing exactly what you''re getting AND the quality you can expect. PLUS you have Pearlman''s who are more than committed to making sure you have a good experience. I know lots of folks like platinum, but I prefer white gold when there is detail and pave like this. WG is more rigid than platinum and (I feel) less likely to lose stones. Replating can be done anywhere. I happen to prefer unplated WG for vintage type pieces. They are plenty white looking while having a sort of warmer hue to it that often compliments warmer stones.

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post an update since a lot of you were kind enough to take the time to repsond to my post. I went back to the gentleman I was dealing with and decided to got with the 1.28 Ct OEC dimaond and the moutning from Whitehousebrothers with some slight modifications. We are bezel setting the mounting and addind two additional diamond down each shoulder of the mounting. I am as scared and excited as I''ve ever been...I hope I am doing the right thing here. It is very expensive, but I think I am getting a fair deal. I am almost afraid to post on here for fear of the responses I may get. At any rate...I put 1/3rd down already, so it is practically a done deal.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Keep us updated! We are excited for and with you!! Can''t wait to see this beauty on your hand! Congratulations!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
please come back with pictures when it''s all done. I''m sure it will turn out beautifully!

Rough_Rock
I absolutely will. Thanks for all of your help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results