carat
color
clarity

Old Cut ring on Ebay

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The guy kept referring to the stone as an "Old Mine Cut" it's an OEC and a well cut one at that. He has a number of rings on his website and anything that has a tint he describes as J/K. I don't think it is an active attempt to mislead I think he is a bit clueless. :rolleyes: It does go to show always get everything either certified or appraised or go and view it for yourself or both if you can!!!!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
According to you he had it appraised. Why would he still be clueless about this diamond's actual color?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Actually he didn't have anything appraised. I paid $240.00 and I had it appraised. And I basically told him I would NOT purchase the stone unless it got either appraised or valued because the shipping and taxes to Australia and back to the US again are in the thousands.

Technically I own the piece of paper with the description on it. If he doesn't choose to use or believe that appraisal that has nothing to do with me. I think about half the sellers on Ebay and more than half on Rubylane either have no clue or guess the colour and clarity of the stones they are selling. I could tell you a long and very unpleasant story :(( about another stone I purchased from a Rubylane seller than was not the colour or clarity the vendor described as well. Since that unhappy experience I have learned to have everything sent to GIA or a trusted appraiser. Unless it comes with a genuine GIA certificate I take all descriptions with a grain of salt.....

The guy is easy and pleasant enough to deal with, but he, like most Ebay sellers and Rubylane sellers will make a buck out of someone that is clueless - having said that even at over $20 000 for that cut, colour and size its still good value for what it is. If you compare the same sized diamond to the same actual colour at GOG or JBEG its still a good bargain at the ebay price and great one if you can get it for less.

I simply put more details on here so if any of you want to contact him directly you can;
a) say you know the person who had the prelim GIA certificate done and demand a copy of it
b) pay less for it if you email him directly because there are no ebay fees and you have access to the certificate I have already paid for
c) you can talk to him with some clue about the real colour giving you the ability to negotiate the details with him

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1361674068|3388972 said:
Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of info about this ring. I saw it on Ebay and was smitten as well but was not sure if I could live with the colour... and I agree it did not look like a J/K to my eye. To cut a long story short after the auction I contacted the seller and asked if it could be sent to GIA to be certified. I live in Australia so I really can't go and look at the diamond in person without cost and drama.

Anyway the seller Martin is a lovely guy, really easy to deal with and he went out of his way to help me. I did pay for the stone to be sent to GIA and I marvel at all of your skills on this forum :o because it did come back a Q/R colour. It's a magnificent cut which you can see in the pics. I think the white marks are slight abrasion to the top of the stone due to age and could probably be polished out, you can see them with a camera but not so much in person. It also came back from GIA saying there is a very small chip on the edge on one side. It's not obvious in the setting and once again getting a re-polish would fix the situation.

After days of deciding and it was VERY hard for me I decided that because I can't see the stone in person and I am not sure about the colour it's not the stone for me. But I can say if any of you like lower coloured Old Cuts it would be a bargain. Once the GIA certificate came back I can say the price went down (lower than $20 000) and it came back at 3.97 carats so it looks like over 4 carats out of the setting and larger in the antique setting that is on Ebay. Martin the vendor said that its yellow in some light and side on but looking face down (I think because of the great cut) it faces up a much whiter creamy colour.

He did go out of his way to help me so I said in return I would tell you all about the stone to see if anyone else is interested. The shop via Google is Rozental Antiques and I believe it's in Florida if any of you want to go and look at the stone (which I would probably do if I lived in the US). I can also give you his email if you need it.

The diamond was sent to GIA. The diamond IS Q/R in color. His auction should reflect this. Period. End of story. I am not going to debate you on this.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am not debating it either. I totally agree with you, now that he knows the actual colour he should disclose it to his customers, if he doesn't do that it is his choice, not mine.

I hope this is not a case of shooting the messenger, because the fact I know the colour and decided to share it with you is not saying anything about his character but hopefully something about mine.... I really liked the diamond and the ring but decided not to purchase it because my threshold for colour is I/J for modern cuts and around a J/K to a white looking L/M for old cuts. I also like X,Y, Z and fancy colours.

If I was into lower coloured stones I would have purchased the ring. It's a great ring and stone for the price. I thought some of you might have been interested in my opinion and may have wanted his details, if not then sorry to offend you.

His direct email is;

[email protected]

I hope that you can see I am not trying to argue with any of you, all I am doing is sharing the information I have. As some of the gurus on here have pointed out, if any of you are interested in the ring then you should either go and see it in person, or negotiate with him that there is a return period so you can decide if you like it or love it for yourself. And if my information can save you a few thousand on the purchase (in order to haggle with him) or even $240.00 for another valuation then that was my aim.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Arkieb,

Thank you so much for sharing the extra information. It is very helpful to anyone lucky enough to be considering such a big stone! And you are definitely right about not "shooting the messenger" -- it's not your ebay listing and it's not your responsibility whatever the seller chooses to say there.

I think he probably is giving the correct color info to specific inquiries, because Dianabarbara posted about the stone in RockyTalky and she knew the correct color for it. I personally think he should change the ebay description as well, but that's up to him!

I hope you find the perfect large OEC in the right colors for you soon!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkieb1, I also want to thank you for taking the time to give additional info on the ring - it was really nice of you and it will be very helpful to Diana, especially the pricing info. Good luck finding your dream OEC - and come back and show us when you do! :D

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1361668155|3388902 said:
Dianabarbara, I never asked about a return period but My diamondsparkles is right - the seller now has a 14 day return policy! :appl:

junebug, this is awesome information. I have seen this in the ad, now, although if you scroll down to the bottom, the conditions stated are different (no return unless misrepresented yada yada). But I think this would give enough ground for enforcement, should it be necessary.

thanks thanks thanks :))

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1|1361674068|3388972 said:
Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of info about this ring. I saw it on Ebay and was smitten as well but was not sure if I could live with the colour... and I agree it did not look like a J/K to my eye. To cut a long story short after the auction I contacted the seller and asked if it could be sent to GIA to be certified. I live in Australia so I really can't go and look at the diamond in person without cost and drama.

Anyway the seller Martin is a lovely guy, really easy to deal with and he went out of his way to help me. I did pay for the stone to be sent to GIA and I marvel at all of your skills on this forum :o because it did come back a Q/R colour. It's a magnificent cut which you can see in the pics. I think the white marks are slight abrasion to the top of the stone due to age and could probably be polished out, you can see them with a camera but not so much in person. It also came back from GIA saying there is a very small chip on the edge on one side. It's not obvious in the setting and once again getting a re-polish would fix the situation.

After days of deciding and it was VERY hard for me I decided that because I can't see the stone in person and I am not sure about the colour it's not the stone for me. But I can say if any of you like lower coloured Old Cuts it would be a bargain. Once the GIA certificate came back I can say the price went down (lower than $20 000) and it came back at 3.97 carats so it looks like over 4 carats out of the setting and larger in the antique setting that is on Ebay. Martin the vendor said that its yellow in some light and side on but looking face down (I think because of the great cut) it faces up a much whiter creamy colour.

He did go out of his way to help me so I said in return I would tell you all about the stone to see if anyone else is interested. The shop via Google is Rozental Antiques and I believe it's in Florida if any of you want to go and look at the stone (which I would probably do if I lived in the US). I can also give you his email if you need it.

arkie, thanks a lot for the help. Your post is really very informative.
I did not have such a positive experience with the seller, and I find that the return policy is yet not entirely satisfactory.
It is a large purchase, so I think it would be reasonable to have at least one week of return time without questions, not only if the item has been misrepresented. But I am happy to see that the situation has improved :)

Is the chip something to worry about, to your knowledge?

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
and to all of you: a big heartfelt thank you.
I keep writing this, but I have to say it again. This community is amazing. You guys are so helpful and knowledgeable :))
I really appreciate all of this, and wish one day I'll learn enough to give it all back :read:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Diana,

I have NOT seen the stone in person so I can only comment on what I have read on the certificate and seen in photos. The diamond has a slightly uneven looking edge out of the setting - it is quite common for thin girdles in old stones to be chipped or a bit rough. I have been looking at another stone that has a much worse edge than this one and it has not put me off it. It would cost a few hundred dollars to get it polished out if it bothers you. For what its worth I can't notice it in the Antique Halo that is on Ebay. Its either under a prong or the Halo hides it.

Damage around the girdle suggests to me the halo (while it might be an Antique) was probably not the original setting it belonged in.

The GIA prelim certificate also states that it has an abraded star bezel which I did see in the Ebay photos - I assume this is the slightly white looking appearance along some of the top cuts in the photos. I think you can see it because the pics have been magnified. In real life I am not sure how much of an issue this would be, hard to tell without seeing it.

It had a 62.4% depth and a 47% Table, so nice small table, high crown that most people find very appealing and I have seen a pic of it where it does not show much body colour at all. Martin the seller did think it would come back a L/M at the very lowest and seemed quite surprised it came back as low as it did. Without seeing the stone in person I make the assumption the great cut is masking or hiding a fair amount of the colour.

See if you can hassle him to meet you somewhere or send it to one of their offices (they have multiple offices according to their website) and show it to you or do get a return policy with it. I would be checking to make sure it is 100% eye clean and if you love it or not. I really do like the stone but I had to admit to myself it would be a struggle for me to live with the colour simply because generally I do not like stones in that colour range.

I recently purchased another larger diamond :naughty: and I can't really justify this one as well considering it is not exactly what I was looking for, but I hope someone on here does get to see it in person and perhaps buy it if it is as good as the pics suggest that it is.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1|1361708090|3389161 said:
Hi Diana,

I have NOT seen the stone in person so I can only comment on what I have read on the certificate and seen in photos. The diamond has a slightly uneven looking edge out of the setting - it is quite common for thin girdles in old stones to be chipped or a bit rough. I have been looking at another stone that has a much worse edge than this one and it has not put me off it. It would cost a few hundred dollars to get it polished out if it bothers you. For what its worth I can't notice it in the Antique Halo that is on Ebay. Its either under a prong or the Halo hides it.

Damage around the girdle suggests to me the halo (while it might be an Antique) was probably not the original setting it belonged in.

The GIA prelim certificate also states that it has an abraded star bezel which I did see in the Ebay photos - this is the slightly white looking appearance along some of the top cuts in the photos. I think you can see it because the pics have been magnified. In real life I am not sure how much of an issue this would be, hard to tell without seeing it.

It had a 62.4% depth and a 47% Table, so nice small table, high crown that most people find very appealing and I have seen a pic of it where it does not show much body colour at all. Martin the seller did think it would come back a L/M at the very lowest and seemed quite surprised it came back as low as it did. Without seeing the stone in person I make the assumption the great cut is masking or hiding a fair amount of the colour.

See if you can hassle him to meet you somewhere or send it to one of their offices (they have multiple offices according to their website) and show it to you or do get a return policy with it. I would be checking to make sure it is 100% eye clean and if you love it or not. I really do like the stone but I had to admit to myself it would be a struggle for me to live with the colour simply because generally I do not like stones in that colour range.

I recently purchased another larger diamond :naughty: and I can't really justify this one as well considering it is not exactly what I was looking for, but I hope someone on here does get to see it in person and perhaps buy it if it is as good as the pics suggest that it is.

Arkieb, thanks again for the info. If I understand correctly, a star bezel is the part of a star facet close to the girdle?
I agree that it is not intentional mis-representation. Many of the antique shops I have been to here use more generous grading scales, to the point that I have seen J stones that to me looked borderline fancy light yellow. What I am trying to do at very least now is to obtain a picture of the stone in natural light.

We have agreed upon a meeting, but after the purchase. This was due to a series of very lucky coincidences, so that me and the stone happen to be able to be in the same city sometime close in the future.

Thanks so much for your help, arkieb! :))

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1361683610|3389089 said:
Arkieb,

Thank you so much for sharing the extra information. It is very helpful to anyone lucky enough to be considering such a big stone! And you are definitely right about not "shooting the messenger" -- it's not your ebay listing and it's not your responsibility whatever the seller chooses to say there.

I think he probably is giving the correct color info to specific inquiries, because Dianabarbara posted about the stone in RockyTalky and she knew the correct color for it. I personally think he should change the ebay description as well, but that's up to him!

I hope you find the perfect large OEC in the right colors for you soon!

My last comment on this, and I am surprised about the responses. This is not a situation about "shooting the messenger." That would be if she just relayed the information about this dianond. This person is endorsing this seller about how great he is, when in truth he is misrepresenting this diamond. On a forum where I have seen vendors being taken to task on the least bit thing, I am surprised people here would do business with this seller or contemplate a diamond that is not only way off in color, but seems to have so many other defects that the seller is unwilling to disclose.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ruby, since I am interested in the stone, this is a genuine question: which defects are you referring to? the chip?

I agree that the seller does seem shady and should have updated the information on his page after receiving this info from GIA.
This is misrepresentation of an item up for sale, and for a significant sum.
On the other hand, he has also not updated consistently the info on returns.
So I think that effectively he is simply a bit careless.
On the positive side, he did accept to send the stone to GIA. For this reason, I think that color-wise, he thought to be quite close to the truth. But who knows?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
dianabarbara - something just seems off. If the original seller sent this to GIA wouldn't he have received the report back? Why does this other person have it? "What does she technically own"? Something about her coming on here just does not make sense to me. Sorry, but I question her "connection" to this seller.

He sent it to GIA on the insistence of this one person. So if he is so honest, why is he refusing to divulge this information to others? We are not talking a difference of opinion being one or two colors off. K to Q/R is 6 -7 colors different. If someone knowledgable on here buys it, with the "inside info" they know about it, maybe they will try to score a good deal. But what about the average person who buys it and does not discover the error until it is too late to return? I thought one of the great things about Priscope was people looked out for each other.

This guy is not being careless. If so he would have immediately corrected.

As to your question about what defects this diamond has - all I can say is that since we know he is not correctly representing the color and refuses to disclose the GIA report - who knows what else is wrong with this diamond. Maybe Arikeb would be willing to upload her copy of the GIA report.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1361735113|3389330 said:
dianabarbara - something just seems off. If the original seller sent this to GIA wouldn't he have received the report back? Why does this other person have it? "What does she technically own"? Something about her coming on here just does not make sense to me. Sorry, but I question her "connection" to this seller.

He sent it to GIA on the insistence of this one person. So if he is so honest, why is he refusing to divulge this information to others? We are not talking a difference of opinion being one or two colors off. K to Q/R is 6 -7 colors different. If someone knowledgable on here buys it, with the "inside info" they know about it, maybe they will try to score a good deal. But what about the average person who buys it and does not discover the error until it is too late to return? I thought one of the great things about Priscope was people looked out for each other.

This guy is not being careless. If so he would have immediately corrected.

As to your question about what defects this diamond has - all I can say is that since we know he is not correctly representing the color and refuses to disclose the GIA report - who knows what else is wrong with this diamond. Maybe Arikeb would be willing to upload her copy of the GIA report.

I might have misunderstood everything, but I think that by saying 'technically own' the GIA certificate, the other poster meant she paid for it? The seller has told me that he is waiting for the original report to come along, and showed me a printout that he called 'a preliminary report' while he waits for the standard one. He did not explain that another potential buyer asked and paid for it.

Would it be possible for him to change an ad while the bidding is still open? I have no experience in this, so I am wondering if this could be the reason he didn't. And I completely agree that he should have immediately changed it, rather than just informing via email those who contact him.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If there are no bids, a seller can do one of 2 things. He should cancel this auction and put up a new one. Or at the very least he can add a change to this one.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I do NOT know this vendor other than the emails I have exchanged with him and there have been a few them. I live on the other side of the world from most of you so it makes buying a stone or ring more difficult because I cannot view the item in person. As such, I do ask a lot of questions. I also have to wear the cost of not only the shipping but the huge tax we pay in import duties for any mistakes I make. I can only share my experience with the guy and compare that to previous experiences. I am basing my judgement about him against previous transactions.

I have NO "connection" to this seller.

I have been trying to buy an decent larger OEC for about a year now. I did purchase a smaller stone from a Rubylane vendor who gets good reports on here, basically she flat out lied about the colour and clarity of the stone I purchased and then refused to refund all of the money (she offered a part refund where I lost a substantial part of what I had paid) when I did not like the item, because I paid the item off. To recover as much as I could from the transaction she allowed me to exchange it for something else in her shop. The second item proved to also be 3 shades out as well and a lower clarity and worth considerably less than what I paid for it. She would not take back the second item at all. The Rubylane vendor intentionally lied to me on at least 4 occasions and I have emails to prove that. The whole experience left a really bad taste in the mouth to say the least. :nono:

The next less than brilliant experience I had was with a different Ebay vendor. I asked a heap of questions and they basically tried to evade most of them or give very generalised answers. I got a bad feeling about the whole thing and did not go ahead with the purchase.

In between I purchase a largish item from the JBEG girls, both are fantastic to deal with and I cannot give them a glowing enough endorsement. Both Erica and Grace get great reports on here and if I could find exactly what I have been looking for from them (and yes both of them have been looking for me) I would not be going elsewhere!!!!

Comparing the previous exchanges with this ebay seller, he doesn't seem to have the same level of accountability that a shop like JBEG or GOG has. This particular stone is going to be about $5000 to $10 000+ less than what you would pay for it at JBEG and $15 000 to $20 000 less than what you could pay for it at GOG, so when I was emailing the guy, given that fact, I did accept that I would not be getting the same level of service as somewhere like JBEG or GOG.

I can only offer what transpired when I contacted the guy. Each time I emailed him he did everything requested of him. He could have refused to send the diamond to GIA, but he did and he seemed quite willing to help me in any way I requested. When I asked for more information, I felt he always answered to what I thought was the best of his ability, he always got back to me straight away despite the time differences and unlike the other Ebay vendor that I dealt with at no time did I get a sense he was trying to evade any questions or requests I asked of him.

Unlike the Rubylane vendor I dealt with I did not get a sense the guy was flat out lying to me. His words were the diamond shows a yellow hue from the side but when you look top down it is a white colour. He seemed genuinely surprised when the stone came back a much lower colour than he was expecting and he then lowered the price accordingly for me.

I agree with you YES he should have changed the listing on ebay, but I am not the vendor and I do not see why I am being attacked here because of his decisions. I also don't see why I am being criticised because I am giving you my opinion. I do NOT know the guy but I have given you an accurate description of what happened when I dealt with him. I posted this experience on here because I thought it might save someone time and money to do so.

Do I think there is value in this stone - YES I do. Do I think it is a nice stone - YES again. Do I think the Ebay seller is honest - I have NO idea, he did everything I asked of him and was polite and fast to respond in every email. Against my other experiences so far, he has been one of the better vendors I have dealt with. When I said I have decided not to purchase the stone he could have been really rude or just not wanted to speak to me again, instead his response was, I am going to contact some other suppliers I know and try and find you exactly the stone you are looking for, I really hope that I can find and sell you a great stone.

There were no bad vibes from the guy for me, in fact I felt bad that after all the effort he went to in order to help me, that I was not purchasing the stone from him, so I said that I belong to a diamond forum and I would mention the stone on here, in case anyone else was interested. He knew when I said that I would be telling all of you the exact colour etc of the stone and he seemed fine with that idea.

For anyone wanting to purchase this stone or any other stones it is up to the person buying the diamond to do their own due diligence on it. What I mean by this is if the shop doesn't have GIA certificates and a good return policy as I discovered the hard way with the Rubylane vendor, then it is up to us as buyers to go and get a professional grading done if we are not sure about the item if there isn't one, or ask the vendor to provide one. If they refuse then it is up to us again as buyers to decide if we walk away from the transaction or persist. In this case I persisted because of the price of the ring.

We see many buyers on here willing to take risks with Ebay purchases, these are calculated risks, if the stone has O.K pictures and is a great price then the risk is what it may or may not be if there is no return policy. Sometimes these risks pay off, sometimes they do not. We all have a different risk level we are willing to take.

Without seeing it in person, I think this a nice stone at a great price. I found that the guy was always helpful and good to deal with. The certificate he got for me (yes I paid for it so I think that means I own it) was a prelim certificate so it only has basic info on it most of which I have now mentioned on here already.

I have only viewed the prelim report - I have a copy of it on my computer and if you want to see it you are more than welcome to see it, I have not seen the full report because the guy wanted me to make a decision about purchasing the stone immediately, I thought that was fair given the fact it has taken GIA weeks to even give me that. He sent the stone to GIA weeks ago and it has taken weeks to get the prelim report back, it has only just come back and to my knowledge the guy does NOT have the full report yet, that is what he told me. I found the prelim report enough to base the decision of purchasing or not purchasing the stone on.

All I was looking for when I had it done was the size of the stone, the colour and clarity of the stone, the depth and table size and any reason that the stone might be a bit hazy which I think I can see in the Ebay photos. I got answers to all of my questions. The abrasion which is fairly common with well worn old stones is causing that slightly milky look in some of the pics. I would be interested to see what it is like in real life because those pics have been magnified.

The surprise was the fact the diamond was chipped, which I could not see in the Ebay pics. He then sent me a pic of the stone in a different setting. Again if I did want to purchase the stone I would be getting it and looking at the possible damage for myself. I don't think it looks particularly bad in the pictures but it would be something that I would like to see with my own eyes.

I suggest to Diana or anyone else who wants to see the basic prelim GIA report to email him and ask him to send it to you, I have given you his email on here so that you can do this. The full report was not back yet last time I emailed him so he is telling you the truth when he says he doesn't have it, he got GIA to rush a prelim report for me, with the information on it that I wanted to see so that I could make up my mind if I did or did not want to purchase the stone. I made the decision not to purchase the diamond because I am not really that fond of diamonds around that colour, having said that if I lived in the US and could see the diamond easily without huge expense and it wasn't milky, it was eye clean and it was white facing, I would probably buy the stone, but I live in Australia and as I have already discovered with the Rubylane vendor there is a large amount of drama and cost involved in purchasing something that I am not 100% sure about.

It has been my STRONG suggestion all the way along to view the stone in person. If I lived in the US that is the next thing I would be doing, I would also be asking the guy for an agreement that if I was not happy with the colour or the clarity of the stone that there would be a full refund. If he does agree to give you a refund then I make the assumption he is a fair and reasonable seller and if not then it is up the purchaser to decide if they are comfortable with that level of risk.

To Ruby59 - if I had some dishonest "connection" with the vendor which is what you seem to be trying to suggest I am not sure why I would come on here and disclose that the diamond has abrasion, is chipped and is many grades lower in colour than the Ebay description, all I am saying here is its still a nice stone at a good price. If I had wanted to help the vendor then logically, I would have shut up about the colour of the stone and not written anything on here about it at all. Instead, I thought perhaps I could save another Pricescope member the trouble and cost of finding out what I now already know and also suggest to them they could get the ring for a lower price given that information. My intent in writing anything about this ring was to help not hinder any other people possibly interested in it. This wonderful forum is based on a collection of opinions and I don't think it is entirely fair that I am being taken to task for giving you mine.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1361741546|3389372 said:
If there are no bids, a seller can do one of 2 things. He should cancel this auction and put up a new one. Or at the very least he can add a change to this one.

Yes, the seller should. But you're acting as if it's Arkieb1's responsibility to make sure he does, and it's not her problem. You are shooting the messenger.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Fortekitty that is exactly how I feel about it. I was HONESTLY trying to help anyone else that might be interested in purchasing this ring/stone which is why I posted on here in the first place. It is shooting the messenger by challenging what I am saying like it or not. I am giving you my opinion/run down of what happened with the guy. What any of you chose to do with this information is up to you.

I am NOT the seller, I am NOT the vendor, he is the person you should be challenging here, not me.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
arkie, as a potential buyer I want to express once again my gratitude for sharing this information on the forum.
I think it's very evident that you have excellent intentions, and provide all the good advice in the world. chapeau :))

Fortekitty, I would really really really like your opinion on this stone. Is there a way I can discuss this also in private with you?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have a ritani setting listing on DB. I can be reached through there!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty|1361758948|3389576 said:

ooh, thanks! this is so sweet of you :)) sent!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Hi arkieb! I would really appreciate if you could help me out on this.
There are still some questions I'd like to ask you in relation to the information this seller has been sharing with you.
Perhaps I could send you a message in private somewhere?

I am still discussing with him the arrangements we can take, so it would be very helpful to know what he had agreed with you (return policy, price, etc), and if he sent you more pics or a video, but I'm afraid someone would snatch it up if you post the info on here.

Many PSers have advised me not to go through with this sale, but if I can get the conditions at the best we can get and they are straight enough, I am willing to take a little risk. I like lower colors!!

Diana

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty|1361758948|3389576 said:

FK, I think my e-mail to you might have gotten lost.
Or maybe you have just been super busy. Shall I send it again?

I hope I'm not bugging you too much! :oops:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not Arkie, buuuuuuuuuuut .. I say get the info and keep the option open. CharmyPoo just went through a bizarre ordeal to get her stone, but look how that panned out!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I didn't get it! send it again!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1361903590|3390933 said:
I'm not Arkie, buuuuuuuuuuut .. I say get the info and keep the option open. CharmyPoo just went through a bizarre ordeal to get her stone, but look how that panned out!

Circe, I knowww!! I want to keep it open. But I have asked so many times a video, and this guy is coming up with very very weird statements and just lying to my face. He said he has a friend in NYC which is the GIA guy who appraised the stone that was willing to buy it straight away for more cash than I would. But that he felt guilty and came back to me, but that doing business with me is more risky, because I might want to give the ring back when I see it.

I am NOT buying without a video, especially after this comment. It's really painful to think in these terms :(sad but oh..

In all honesty, if this does not turn out good, I will need alternatives.
It has gotten so bad in a way that I have started to seriously search for other stones, despite loving what I see from the pictures of this one.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty|1361903983|3390938 said:
I didn't get it! send it again!

uwww!! It was an ultra-long mail!! oioioi

I will write again, as soon as midnight passes here (academic deadline for a conference paper!).
If I resist so long. Otherwise, crappy DB will be responsible for ruining my career :lol:

Fortekitty, I have extreme need to pick your brains. The diamond-knowledgeable one and the bargain-expert one.
My budget is not scaled up to my expectations, so I need a competitive edge.

edit: with DB I intend DiamondBistro. But I have just realized it could be Diana Barbara too. Oh well... :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I forgot you were messaging me through DB.. Just found it! Didn't get an email notification though!! I'll look at it and respond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results