shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, who took my diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know the size of that stone, but the head for a 3 ct. stone stuck on that band may not have the same effect. I will try to find edl's 2 ct. stone set in my favorite Van Craeynest setting. My only issue would be that I wouldn't put a right hand ring in a solitaire setting personally, so if I did set a cushion in the setting I am going to link for you, it would be an alternate e-ring for me. It has been a little while since I priced the setting, and I would have been pricing for a smaller stone. But a rough estimate would be around $3500.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/van-craeynest-484-584.99732/?hilit=cushion%20antique']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/van-craeynest-484-584.99732/?hilit=cushion%20antique[/URL]

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Baby Nurse:

Could you share your impressions of the AVC so far? How is the sparkle? Is it holding its color? I'm loving the pics, and wondering how it performs.

Thank you!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1306166922|2928313 said:
I don't know the size of that stone, but the head for a 3 ct. stone stuck on that band may not have the same effect. I will try to find edl's 2 ct. stone set in my favorite Van Craeynest setting. My only issue would be that I wouldn't put a right hand ring in a solitaire setting personally, so if I did set a cushion in the setting I am going to link for you, it would be an alternate e-ring for me. It has been a little while since I priced the setting, and I would have been pricing for a smaller stone. But a rough estimate would be around $3500.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/van-craeynest-484-584.99732/?hilit=cushion%20antique']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/van-craeynest-484-584.99732/?hilit=cushion%20antique[/URL]

That's too bad about not having the same effect with the 3 ct AVC as with LIB's grape jelly spinel. I thought the stones were about the same size but hers is quite a bit smaller-- it's a 2 ct spinel. I do like edl's fiance's ring, it's gorgeous. I'm just not 100% sure how I'm going to set this stone :confused: . Maybe the tacori that has the graduated rounds down the shank... there was a thread on it recently with a round center stone. I'm not sure how that would look with a cushion instead.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that Tacori setting is gorgeous, but probably for around the same amount you could have Victor do the graduated french cuts which I think would be more unique for the AVC. Hard to go wrong with either idea, though!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
petrock<3|1306213126|2928878 said:
Baby Nurse:

Could you share your impressions of the AVC so far? How is the sparkle? Is it holding its color? I'm loving the pics, and wondering how it performs.

Thank you!

I'd be happy to oblige, petrock :wavey: ! In incandescent and natural lighting, it's a soft lemony yellow. It becomes a brighter, more saturated yellow in fluorescent lighting. I was shocked the first time I opened the ring box and saw it's amazing color. I think it must be difficult to capture the color in a video because it's a much prettier soft yellow IRL than in the vimeo. It's very bright and sparkles a lot with beautiful broad pastel flashes. The maltese cross is prominent and you can easily see 1 kite shaped segment in each of the 4 branches of the cross. It's a very pleasant shape, not perfectly square but close to it. It's a fabulous diamond!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1306261830|2929255 said:
I think that Tacori setting is gorgeous, but probably for around the same amount you could have Victor do the graduated french cuts which I think would be more unique for the AVC. Hard to go wrong with either idea, though!

I may ask Victor to do it, his work is really impressive. And he sounds like such a pleasant person to work with. I "think" his prices are quite reasonable but I was under the impression that french cut diamonds were costly. I'll ask him for a quote.

Thank you, DS! You've been a marvelous help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it is my pleasure! I love the AV stones and am happy for anyone who has the opportunity to purchase one (or two!!!)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results