The ring! The ring! You got us revved up, now share. Unfriendly child! :wavey:

--- Laurie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm waiting for the handshots too!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have missed this one; what ring? Reset? New? Come on with the details. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did she OD on eggnog and pass out? :devil:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*taps foot very impatiently* :nono:

#1 Why have photos and details been put in the Hangout where dedicated coloured stoners rarely venture?
#2 Why are we not seeing handshots and beauty shots NOW?
#3 Doesn't iLander realise that there are people waiting to feel the waves of jealousy descend? =)

iLander - we need to see photos NOW!

Good catch Laurie! ;))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I suspect that gem-setting husband of hers may have spirited her away on a surprise vacation for the holiday. That or she is just being a delinquent.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm joining the :angryfire: :angryfire: crew (just kidding, cuz whenever I see that, I think of good ol' Steve76 or whatever his name was)!

I have looked in SMTB, I have looked at your Why Isn't it Christmas Yet? thread in Hangout, and I am looking here, but nothing, nada, zip, rien! You better step up soon and give us the full monty so to speak; we want it all: profile shots, night pics, glamor photos, hand shots,...

Otherwise, little missy, we'll start to think that you made it all up in Christmas-induced delirium :cheeky: :wink2:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OOPS!

I just now saw this thread! Sorry, everybody, I wasn't ignoring you!

I should explain that we all came down with an awful cold (right after the deadly empanada incident that I posted about in hangout!) and yesterday was my first day upright. DD brought the cold home, but she's young and managed to work through it. Which of course meant, DH and I were laid up. DH turns out has pneumonia, I just have a little infection, but it meant Christmas went by in a fog of tissues and fatique. We haven't left the house in over a week, too tuckered.

:knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

But doing better now, and you guys made me laugh. :D :lol:

Yesterday, I just threw the pics of the color shift in the old thread, thinking nobody was all the interested in a rehash, and went back to bed. But I will try to get some more/better pics and I'm trying to get the third light blue color that the sapphire shows in sunlight. I'm not sure if the lighter blue counts as a true shift, I'll let you guys decide.

You guys are so funny . . . :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *think* we'll forgive you this once, though "the Committee," also known as "you guys," will have to meet and confer regarding whether there will be sanctions and bling forfeiture, or whether we can let this one slide... :bigsmile:

Well, aforementioned Committe Members, what do you think?

Aww, sweetie! What a drag to be sick on Christmas! ;( :knockout: :blackeye:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Committee is in recess and session will resume after the new year. *BANG* :devil: :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1356861265|3342724 said:
The Committee is in recess and session will resume after the new year. *BANG* :devil: :bigsmile:

Really? I'm sitting here with my judges wig and robes on. I'm ready! (*okay but enough about my private life*......)

As a committee member, due to the heart-felt pleas of poorliness, I think we could let this indiscretion slide ON THE UNDERSTANDING that more photos are forthcoming within 7 days of this post. Otherwise .......................... :Up_to_something:

iLander - wishing you and the family a speedy recovery and healthy new year x

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Awww, honey, what a way to spend Christmas! Yuk. Putting that ring on your finger must have burned up all the cooties, though, right? Zap!

This committee member proposes that we cannot make a verdict until we examine the bling further. Therefore, more photos are required. So ordered!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The decision is unanimous that we will review the case pending more evidence aka bling photos. ILander is ordered to get well ASAP so she can take more pics in preparation for the board review.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tough crowd!!!

(but hilariously funny!!! Note to self: do not annoy CS committee members..... :nono: )

I'm also requesting a WHACK of hand shots --- and one of LD in judges robes :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
It is with a humble bow to the committee that I submit the following photos for your approval. :halo: Taken in many lights, to show as many variations of the stone in question as possible. Even a couple of my lame attempts at those lovely flower photos that others do so well. Anything to avoid the dreaded bling forfeiture. :shock:

Also another vote for LD in robes photo. :D

(Also, gave me something to do since I was too tuckered to leave the house again. Thank goodness for children who drive and bring back food. :bigsmile: )

deck.jpg

outside1.jpg

purple2.jpg

purple3.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
And more photos, with humility. :halo:

Does anyone else think the light blue on the bright outside shots is kind of odd?

_2690.jpg

orchid.jpg

outside2.jpg

_2691.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I just melted all over my keyboard. :love: It's really scrumptious, spectacular, marvelous, astounding, stupendous, divine! Did I say it's gorgeous? The colors look so pure & clear in both its costumes, iLander! The whole thing -- stone and setting -- is one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen, honestly. I bet you change into a superhero when you put that on your finger!

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Medium, low and bright light, :sun: full hand (look at the ring, not the old hand), for scale

That is a size 8 (wrinkly--the opposite of irony)middle finger, and a size 7 third finger, so it does have some good coverage; 12mm across, including the halo.

I really like the weight of the IDJ setting, it's hefty and feels solid on my finger.

I await the decision of the committee. :D

outside3.jpg

sideways.jpg

_2693.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1356864828|3342737 said:
Chrono|1356861265|3342724 said:

Really? I'm sitting here with my judges wig and robes on. I'm ready! (*okay but enough about my private life*......)

As a committee member, due to the heart-felt pleas of poorliness, I think we could let this indiscretion slide ON THE UNDERSTANDING that more photos are forthcoming within 7 days of this post. Otherwise .......................... :Up_to_something:

iLander - wishing you and the family a speedy recovery and healthy new year x

Aww, we US members of the Committee were not provided the cool wigs! :blackeye:

Stunning ring and stone, iLander, and great color shift both ways. Very nice. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1356903515|3343032 said:
Oh my gosh, I just melted all over my keyboard. :love: It's really scrumptious, spectacular, marvelous, astounding, stupendous, divine! Did I say it's gorgeous? The colors look so pure & clear in both its costumes, iLander! The whole thing -- stone and setting -- is one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen, honestly. I bet you change into a superhero when you put that on your finger!

--- Laurie

:bigsmile: You are so sweet, Laurie! Thank you! I thought it was nice in both colors, and after 2 years of returning stones, it was a keeper.

It does turn me into super geek. :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I hadn't finished looking at your pics when I posted that - you have been hiding your flower photography under a bushel! Those are awesome photos! Your flowers are almost as lovely as the ring! :love: :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1356904219|3343041 said:
Aww, we US members of the Committee were not provided the cool wigs! :blackeye:

Stunning ring and stone, iLander, and great color shift both ways. Very nice. :appl:

Thank you, minous! :wavey:

What? No wigs?! I don't know about you, but I am looking good when I have big hair. :sun:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1356904402|3343046 said:
Wow, I hadn't finished looking at your pics when I posted that - you have been hiding your flower photography under a bushel! Those are awesome photos! Your flowers are almost as lovely as the ring! :love: :love:

Thank you, minous! The white one is an Xmas bouquet, and the yellow ones are orchids in the yard. It's nice to be in the south in winter. :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG iLander, on behalf of the committee, I'm pretty sure that they will agree with me when I say you are completely excused :D

Your ring is absolutely to die for. I really really really love it. Honestly, it's one of the rare times when I see something and have serious amounts of envy. Do you remember my red diamond? It's virtually the same setting so we have a matching pair! Now, I think that means you have to let me borrow beautiful blue occasionally!

:appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What orchid? What hand? I saw nothing but a gorgeous glowing blue stone in a blingtastic setting, then it was a darker blue, then purple. Such a gorgeous ring that is so worth the wait. It's going to be the envy of many.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
All is forgiven :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
There was a time, back in the 80's, I looked great in a wig. Your ring, had it been a size 10, would have gone perfectly with it.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That ring is seriously so gorgeous!!! I would never be able to take my eyes off of it if it were mine. Hope you are feeling better!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results