shape
carat
color
clarity

Ohhhh KittyBean.... Yoohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I know you have a new sparkly on your right hand... This much you have conceded...

Now spill it! (Er, or post it, rather!)

I''ve been lurking for a few days for some photos of this sparkly, or at least a few details!

Don''t leave us hangin''. Time to tell the tale and include some ''illustrations'' (ie: ring pics!)
2.gif
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hi PnP! I finally got my camera back from my FI (he took it to his Vegas bachelor party . . . yikes), so here''s a link to my SMTR thread about my newest addition: new sparkly thread
9.gif
. I am wearing it right now and I love it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh Pils . . . just wanted to bump in case you hadn''t seen my response. Don''t want to keep you in suspense! Hope your outlining and such is going well lately
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Okay, bumping this one more time for you, Pils, since I saw you posting about today.

How school treating you? Almost done with classes? Maybe we should set up a chat about bling/moan about the law GTG soon
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Kitty!

I saw your post in the Fur Baby thread and hopped on over here to check things out.

First- Lovely, lovely RHR. How nice that it''s a sentimental piece, too. What a sweet mama you have! ...And I bet looking at that sparkly on your left hand sure psyched you up for wearing a wedding band!

Re: Law school. I''ll respond in the Hangout thread "paging" you... Don''t wanna bog down SMTR with my law student ramblings
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... Nevermind... I can''t access the old Hangout thread anymore (and sorry that I *just* now read your response!)

I''ll have to be a bit off topic-- sorry to the SMTR fanatics
1.gif

Law school is so-so. Don''t love it, don''t hate it. First semester went well enough, but I really didn''t work as hard as I should have. I imagine my grades were a bit above average (rankings aren''t out yet), but not amazing... not by a long shot. However, I managed to stay above the minimum gpa required for my scholarship (!!!), but this had a negative affect on my studies this semester. Knowing I survived 1st sem. without any crazy study hours and limitless devotion to school work, I found it was easier to zone out during class, skip a class or two (
23.gif
), etc. BUT- the end is not yet here, and if I really focus on making strong outlines and reviewing over the next two-three weeks, I should pass.
2.gif
And, if by some crazy change I get straight As (
41.gif
) I may just wind up in the top 10% (Oh my gosh... I could hardly keep a straight face while typing that!!)

I''m love-love-loving legal writing, though! And while working on citations is a total pain, each time I catch a crazy little mistake, or become *that* much more familiar with my BlueBook, I feel quite pleased with myself.

I am mainly interested in employment law (esp. racial/gender/age discrimination & general wrongful termination), a bit of labor law, followed by a mash-up of family/juvenile law and animal law. I also like to read contracts
1.gif

This summer I''m interning with a employment law attorney and I''m SO excited! I''m also crossing my fingers for a judicial internship, but I''m not holding my breath... It would be nice for extra writing experience and to add to a resume, but I hope to make lots of contacts through internship #1, and 2 internships + 3 credit-hour class would be a lot for one summer. I also had the opportunity to cover a big employment law case that ''went down'' in our area- Quite the eye-opening experience! And I learned, quite quickly, that even experienced litigators can look like total novices from time to time. Wowza.

Oh goodness... I''m rambling about so much! I apologize! I really appreciate your input and advice regarding school, etc.

I''d love to have a blingy + legal GTG.
9.gif
...But definitely not until exams are over! I know there are a few other ladies from our region, too... That could be a fun way to kick of the summer! How does that even work? Do we contact the mods in order to exchange contact info?

Hope all is well with your work & wedding planning (haven''t seen an update on BWW lately!)

Time for me to get my booty off of PS & to read some Property. (I REALLY need to find a study location that does NOT have wireless!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You sound like such a perfect law review candidate! Are you planning on applying? The applications are usually ridiculously time-consuming, but it''s a valuable experience (one you will never, never forget/recover from
2.gif
!).

I think juvenile law is super-interesting. I did a lot of juvie work in my internship my last year of law school, but my current office doesn''t take on any juvenile cases, and I kind of miss it.

Your summer internship sounds awesome. It seems like you are really excited about it, which is really the most important thing. I did two judicial internships for the summer after my first year, and I thought it was great (and met my fiance along the way!). Both of the judges I worked for were family friends, and they were so kind and welcoming and helpful to me. I think my writing improved dramatically that summer.

Let''s definitely do a GTG when exams are over. I can definitely relate to the outlining panic--I always felt like no matter what, I could never write down/study/organize enough. Most of my good grades were a total shock to me, since I truly felt like I knew next to nothing going into the exams! Are any of yours closed-book? Those used to make me absolutely crazy. I think we can message mods for contact info--I''ll give it a try. Maybe we can get a Denver PS GTG going at some point.

P.S. I used to always study at Starbucks since their wireless used to not be free (don''t know if it is now).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results