Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Ohhhh KittyBean.... Yoohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I know you have a new sparkly on your right hand... This much you have conceded...

Now spill it! (Er, or post it, rather!)

I''ve been lurking for a few days for some photos of this sparkly, or at least a few details!

Don''t leave us hangin''. Time to tell the tale and include some ''illustrations'' (ie: ring pics!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hi PnP! I finally got my camera back from my FI (he took it to his Vegas bachelor party . . . yikes), so here''s a link to my SMTR thread about my newest addition: new sparkly thread
. I am wearing it right now and I love it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh Pils . . . just wanted to bump in case you hadn''t seen my response. Don''t want to keep you in suspense! Hope your outlining and such is going well lately

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Okay, bumping this one more time for you, Pils, since I saw you posting about today.

How school treating you? Almost done with classes? Maybe we should set up a chat about bling/moan about the law GTG soon

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Kitty!

I saw your post in the Fur Baby thread and hopped on over here to check things out.

First- Lovely, lovely RHR. How nice that it''s a sentimental piece, too. What a sweet mama you have! ...And I bet looking at that sparkly on your left hand sure psyched you up for wearing a wedding band!

Re: Law school. I''ll respond in the Hangout thread "paging" you... Don''t wanna bog down SMTR with my law student ramblings

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Okay... Nevermind... I can''t access the old Hangout thread anymore (and sorry that I *just* now read your response!)

I''ll have to be a bit off topic-- sorry to the SMTR fanatics

Law school is so-so. Don''t love it, don''t hate it. First semester went well enough, but I really didn''t work as hard as I should have. I imagine my grades were a bit above average (rankings aren''t out yet), but not amazing... not by a long shot. However, I managed to stay above the minimum gpa required for my scholarship (!!!), but this had a negative affect on my studies this semester. Knowing I survived 1st sem. without any crazy study hours and limitless devotion to school work, I found it was easier to zone out during class, skip a class or two (
), etc. BUT- the end is not yet here, and if I really focus on making strong outlines and reviewing over the next two-three weeks, I should pass.
And, if by some crazy change I get straight As (
) I may just wind up in the top 10% (Oh my gosh... I could hardly keep a straight face while typing that!!)

I''m love-love-loving legal writing, though! And while working on citations is a total pain, each time I catch a crazy little mistake, or become *that* much more familiar with my BlueBook, I feel quite pleased with myself.

I am mainly interested in employment law (esp. racial/gender/age discrimination & general wrongful termination), a bit of labor law, followed by a mash-up of family/juvenile law and animal law. I also like to read contracts

This summer I''m interning with a employment law attorney and I''m SO excited! I''m also crossing my fingers for a judicial internship, but I''m not holding my breath... It would be nice for extra writing experience and to add to a resume, but I hope to make lots of contacts through internship #1, and 2 internships + 3 credit-hour class would be a lot for one summer. I also had the opportunity to cover a big employment law case that ''went down'' in our area- Quite the eye-opening experience! And I learned, quite quickly, that even experienced litigators can look like total novices from time to time. Wowza.

Oh goodness... I''m rambling about so much! I apologize! I really appreciate your input and advice regarding school, etc.

I''d love to have a blingy + legal GTG.
...But definitely not until exams are over! I know there are a few other ladies from our region, too... That could be a fun way to kick of the summer! How does that even work? Do we contact the mods in order to exchange contact info?

Hope all is well with your work & wedding planning (haven''t seen an update on BWW lately!)

Time for me to get my booty off of PS & to read some Property. (I REALLY need to find a study location that does NOT have wireless!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You sound like such a perfect law review candidate! Are you planning on applying? The applications are usually ridiculously time-consuming, but it''s a valuable experience (one you will never, never forget/recover from
!).

I think juvenile law is super-interesting. I did a lot of juvie work in my internship my last year of law school, but my current office doesn''t take on any juvenile cases, and I kind of miss it.

Your summer internship sounds awesome. It seems like you are really excited about it, which is really the most important thing. I did two judicial internships for the summer after my first year, and I thought it was great (and met my fiance along the way!). Both of the judges I worked for were family friends, and they were so kind and welcoming and helpful to me. I think my writing improved dramatically that summer.

Let''s definitely do a GTG when exams are over. I can definitely relate to the outlining panic--I always felt like no matter what, I could never write down/study/organize enough. Most of my good grades were a total shock to me, since I truly felt like I knew next to nothing going into the exams! Are any of yours closed-book? Those used to make me absolutely crazy. I think we can message mods for contact info--I''ll give it a try. Maybe we can get a Denver PS GTG going at some point.

P.S. I used to always study at Starbucks since their wireless used to not be free (don''t know if it is now).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.