shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh noes! the call of the champaigne setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I was going to order my 3-stone ring from bluenile. I was perfectly happy with it. But when I had a question and called, it became clear that they had no idea what they were doing. They strongly advised I buy their pre-made ring instead if I was going to pick diamonds that small. Fantabulous. I decided to take some time to shop around and went to whiteflash. And then I saw IT. The champaigne setting. How amazing would that look with a half carat ACA diamond! In our budget, too. I just adore it, but I''m not sure it''s appropriate for an anniversary ring. I couldn''t even wear a band with it because of the high web on my fingers. Even though I chipped my colored e-ring it''s still technically wearable and who has two engagement rings? And, yes, I totally care too much about what other people (okay, my MIL) think.

This board is evil! Two months ago, I would have been fine with an uncertified pre-made ring from bluenile with no idea what the cut is. Then I needed something certified. Then it had to score on the HCA. And now I want ACA and possibly nothing less will do!

What do you think? Should I take the plunge or chose something more anniversary-ish (I''m also exploring an ACA 3-stone ring from them-- I don''t know if I can feel confident in bluenile now)?

This is my last thread about this darn ring. Scouts honor!
37.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 7:18:27 PM
Author:colorkitty
I was going to order my 3-stone ring from bluenile. I was perfectly happy with it. But when I had a question and called, it became clear that they had no idea what they were doing. They strongly advised I buy their pre-made ring instead if I was going to pick diamonds that small. Fantabulous. I decided to take some time to shop around and went to whiteflash. And then I saw IT. The champaigne setting. How amazing would that look with a half carat ACA diamond! In our budget, too. I just adore it, but I''m not sure it''s appropriate for an anniversary ring. I couldn''t even wear a band with it because of the high web on my fingers. Even though I chipped my colored e-ring it''s still technically wearable and who has two engagement rings? And, yes, I totally care too much about what other people (okay, my MIL) think.

This board is evil! Two months ago, I would have been fine with an uncertified pre-made ring from bluenile with no idea what the cut is. Then I needed something certified. Then it had to score on the HCA. And now I want ACA and possibly nothing less will do!

What do you think? Should I take the plunge or chose something more anniversary-ish (I''m also exploring an ACA 3-stone ring from them-- I don''t know if I can feel confident in bluenile now)?

37.gif
Take the champagne setting you fell in love with.
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this s your chance, maybe the last chance you have in a long while to get EXACTLYwaht you ant - get it get it get it and who care what anyone else thinks!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Get the setting you want and don''t worry about what you MIL thinks. If she''s not paying for it, it''s none of her business.

*M*

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is YOUR ring not your MIL''s so get what you want. There are no rules about what you have to get for an anniversary ring either and if you want to wear two solitaires then why shouldn''t you? They will look completely different anyway. That champaigne setting is divine - go for it!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Get the setting YOU love. It''s going to be worn by you and paid for by your DH. MILs job is to ooh and aaah and keep her mouth shut other than that.
20.gif
Sorry, mine (MIL) is in the doghouse right now. Hope you didn''t find that too harsh.

shay

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 7:18:27 PM
Author:colorkitty

37.gif
That is your answer right there - that one is "IT" - go for it!
2.gif

lynn2235

Rough_Rock
3 words: GO FOR IT!!!!
It''s funny because I just became a member today even thoughI''ve been reading posts on here for months! I was going to post a question asking about the WF Champaigne setting to wear on middle finger of my RIGHT hand-wanted to see if people thought it was too much like an engagment ring.
It''s gorgeous and anything goes so do it-it''s beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Lynn and yes that beautiful ring would be magnificent as a middle finger right hand ring!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 7:50:22 PM
Author: poptart
Get the setting you want and don''t worry about what you MIL thinks. If she''s not paying for it, it''s none of her business.

*M*
I agree :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results