shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh no - not another Malaya!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL I do like the setting that you showed. I adore solitare settings.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
674983bh9uz5fkso.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s simple, but now I''m rethinking more rose gold after I saw the picture posted above.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love your Malaya too. That setting in rose gold someone posted is gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dropped it my white gold LOGR and it did nothing for the stone, so I guess I''ll have to wait for a rose gold setting. I like the one mochi got for her peach tourmaline.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, I love your stone, it is gorgeous. Is it your birthday??????

Gailey: OMG those settings are to die for, they are so beautiful, I love them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 10:34:54 PM
Author: Linda W

Thanks Linda,
No my birthday was early eary March.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s beautiful!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 10:44:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 3/12/2009 10:34:54 PM

Author: Linda W

Thanks Linda,

No my birthday was early eary March.

Well, Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see your stone set, it is going to be gorgeous.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
So you bought the lighter one. The darker one just sold recently. So what''s the difference between 14k and 18k rose gold as far as color goes?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 10:55:14 PM
Author: innerkitten
So you bought the lighter one. The darker one just sold recently. So what''s the difference between 14k and 18k rose gold as far as color goes?
14K is more coppery, and I''m not sure if that might be too much. I like the more subdued rose gold, like the setting posted on the previous page. I think that''s probably 18K.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda, thanks Freke, thanks Gailey, and thanks to anyone I forgot to thank!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All three of my BB garnets together. Umbalite is the darkest, followed by the one I got today and my all time favorite is still the oval.

TLallthreegarnest.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I still love the oval the best, although the others are very pretty.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 11:18:52 PM
Author: mochi
I still love the oval the best, although the others are very pretty.
Thanks Mochi,
I have to say that the oval is a very special stone to me. I can''t wait to get it set. Barry used that oval for his studies. I''m surprised he parted with it.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone - if it turns out half as nice once set, it''ll be beautiful!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL... just playing with my LOGR setting...white gold and malaya

SSCN3151.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:46:03 PM
Author: Gailey
So in honour of everyone''s Malaya, here''s a little setting I found from Krikawa that I think will set the Malayas off very nicely.
DROOL!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE - I really MUST get myself one of these beauties
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it in there. Yours must be more of a true pink without much peach at all. I put mine in my halo LOGR (you know, the one I''ll never ever get a gemstone to fit in), and it darkened up and got muddy. Perhaps because that is also like a bezel. I just thought, bleah!!

I really like your stone in the "spider setting" though. It''s gorgeous Mochi. Are you going to set it in there, or is that saved for something else (I forget).

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It looks nice in that setting. Mine seems looks nice next to white gold too. When I put it next to yellow gold it looses some of the pink and looks sort of mauve. I don''t have any rose gold to hold it next too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 7:13:43 PM
Author: innerkitten
It looks nice in that setting. Mine seems looks nice next to white gold too. When I put it next to yellow gold it looses some of the pink and looks sort of mauve. I don''t have any rose gold to hold it next too.
Put it next to a shiny copper penny, that will give you an idea.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 3:18:18 PM
I love it in there. Yours must be more of a true pink without much peach at all. I put mine in my halo LOGR (you know, the one I''ll never ever get a gemstone to fit in), and it darkened up and got muddy. Perhaps because that is also like a bezel. I just thought, bleah!!

I really like your stone in the ''spider setting'' though. It''s gorgeous Mochi. Are you going to set it in there, or is that saved for something else (I forget).

Yes, my malaya is more pink. I also have that setting that I''ll never get the gemstone for and indeed the malaya got muddy and "yuck". I think this particular stone is for prongs. The spider setting was bought pretty cheap via auction and I don''t have a stone for it yet. Unfortunately, it''s too small for the malaya.
20.gif

I''m having the ''do I want to spend alot on setting'' dilema right now...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 10:16:34 PM

Yes, my malaya is more pink. I also have that setting that I''ll never get the gemstone for and indeed the malaya got muddy and ''yuck''. I think this particular stone is for prongs. The spider setting was bought pretty cheap via auction and I don''t have a stone for it yet. Unfortunately, it''s too small for the malaya.
20.gif

I would say we both have "rose" colored Malayas, what do you think? Maylas can be more pink, more orange, somewhere in between. Too bad it doesn''t fit that setting. You were really lucky to win it on auction, it''s over $400 now in his BuyItNow listings. Can your jeweler make it fit somehow?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:21:37 PM

Date: 3/13/2009 10:16:34 PM

Yes, my malaya is more pink. I also have that setting that I''ll never get the gemstone for and indeed the malaya got muddy and ''yuck''. I think this particular stone is for prongs. The spider setting was bought pretty cheap via auction and I don''t have a stone for it yet. Unfortunately, it''s too small for the malaya.
20.gif

I would say we both have ''rose'' colored Malayas, what do you think? Maylas can be more pink, more orange, somewhere in between. Too bad it doesn''t fit that setting. You were really lucky to win it on auction, it''s over $400 now in his BuyItNow listings. Can your jeweler make it fit somehow?
I agree with the ''rose'' color. I''m in bed playing with the setting and the malaya and it''s definitely way too big for the setting. The round chrysoberyl from Barry (6.2mm??) fits really well and it looks like a yellow diamond, it''s kindda pretty.

I can''t believe how he has raised the prices on the rings..
38.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this malaya, it looks a little more pinkish berry-toned than your oval but both are stunning! And it will be fun to have the variations in color, I can''t wait to see them both set.
1.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL...this is my malaya in the 8x8 LOGR. Not too nice.

SSCN3224.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:15:43 PM
All three of my BB garnets together. Umbalite is the darkest, followed by the one I got today and my all time favorite is still the oval.

Lovely stones! The oval is my favorite too. Man, it''s Malaya Times on PS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results