shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh my gosh, how does anyone ever choose a venue??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 5:28:10 PM
Author: shertz1981

My vision is basically me in a pretty dress, FI in a tux, lots of cool lighting, linens, and flower arrangements that aren''t pink roses (both my cousins had)

Well that sounds lovely.
30.gif
I did lighting in high school for theater and I know how much it can change the feel of things! And the part about the roses made me LOL. There will be no roses in my wedding. At all. Calla Lilies, Gerbera Daisies, and Dhalias if I can get my hands on them.
9.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I love peonies, anemones, hydrangea ... that kind of thing

dcdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I just joined the forum and I''m in DC too! So I wanted to say hello! This was the first thread I came across and I was so excited to see other locals on here. We''ve had a really hard time choosing a venue also. I think we have been looking casually for a year but we have to decide soon. Ha-ha, we actually have a photographer and a florist picked out but no venue yet! But we didn''t look at the Newseum. The National Museum of Women in the Arts is beautiful though. I really like all the marble. Have you looked at DAR? We''re considering it since we saw it on our photographers blog. It''s beautiful!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Hi dcdiamonds!

We just looked at the Ronald Reagan building, too, which is gorgeous, alhtough the parking is kind of meh

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 4:46:22 PM
Author: dcdiamonds
Hi all! I just joined the forum and I'm in DC too! So I wanted to say hello! This was the first thread I came across and I was so excited to see other locals on here. We've had a really hard time choosing a venue also. I think we have been looking casually for a year but we have to decide soon. Ha-ha, we actually have a photographer and a florist picked out but no venue yet! But we didn't look at the Newseum. The National Museum of Women in the Arts is beautiful though. I really like all the marble. Have you looked at DAR? We're considering it since we saw it on our photographers blog. It's beautiful!

Hi dc!!!

Man, you ladies make me wish I was going to be planning a DC wedding...

Boyfriend is from Kansas City, MO and his entire family is there. My family and friends are scattered all over the country, so they have to travel no matter what, so we decided to get married in KC. I don't mind...I just haven't been there (except once, and we only drove *through* downtown...) but Google, The Knot, WeddingWire, and MyWedding.com have all been very helpful in my search.

Sorry for the slight threadjack...
...any headway, shertz?

ETA: I love your flower choices...quite romantic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results