shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh Matthews1127

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s gorgeous, and that seems a really good price for it. Buy a lottery ticket!! :lol:
I told him that when I win the Mega Millions on Tuesday, I’ll be back to buy it from him. ;)2

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for taking me “shopping” with you!!! Enjoy your stay!!! ;)2

Added: I have a feeling that ring will sit, and sell for much less than it’s worth. EC’s are just not popular enough for them to move like OEC’s, MRB’s, and every other brilliant cut diamond. They are tough to sell....even as well cut & flashy as that ring is (not to mention the SIZE & finger coverage)!!!
If I were in the market and had $35k+ budget for diamonds, I’d purchase that & separate it: earrings and a ring or pendant. CvB would be my next stop with those projects.

I was surprised he still had it because it is such a steal, but I do agree with you. Although I hope someone takes advantage of this crazy deal and snaps it up and soon. The original owners would be blessed by a sale.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was surprised he still had it because it is such a steal, but I do agree with you. Although I hope someone takes advantage of this crazy deal and snaps it up and soon. The original owners would be blessed by a sale.

Agree 100%. As a huge step cut lover, it makes me sad to see such beautiful diamonds get passed over. I’d KILL for that ring...lol!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband said I could (hypothetically) buy the ring, sell the side stones, pay for a different setting (with smaller sides stones) and still potentially be ahead of the game.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband said I could (hypothetically) but the ring, sell the side stones, and pay for a different setting (with smaller sides stones) and still potentially be ahead of the game.

Sounds like permission to me! :appl::twisted2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous EC ring. How fun to get to try it on; darn it's not going home with you.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It is a huge steal. I wished a PS-er will scope it up. Thanks for sharing your shopping with us!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a huge steal. I wished a PS-er will scope it up. Thanks for sharing your shopping with us!

I wish I could post it where it would get seen because it is a great steal! I just don’t want to get in trouble.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could post it where it would get seen because it is a great steal! I just don’t want to get in trouble.

Purchase it & follow your DH’s advice. Problem solved. :twisted2: :bigsmile:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Purchase it & follow your DH’s advice. Problem solved. :twisted2: :bigsmile:

Agree!! Set them with smaller side stones... think it will look better anyway, less chunky. It’s really such a steal, I will definitely be tempted to scoop it up if I’m an emerald lover...

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! I wish I could but that’s a lot of retirement fund money to spend. :lol-2:

I know. Just trying to be helpful....lol!! You know I’d jump on it, if I could. It’s way out of range for us, and I’m tryin to save $$$ for my Anniversary Band.
This truly KILLS me...it’s such a beautiful set of EC’s. Even the baguettes are beautiful!!!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is there a way (forum/“check this out if you’re looking for an EC”) for me to post about it on here for other PSers to see it that wouldn’t seem like I was promoting or breaking forum rules?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a way (forum/“check this out if you’re looking for an EC”) for me to post about it on here for other PSers to see it that wouldn’t seem like I was promoting or breaking forum rules?

I was thinking preloved, but you should check with Admin....

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking preloved, but you should check with Admin....
And the best way to do that since we don’t have a PM system on the forum? Do I just start a new thread or report the post with the question?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the best way to do that since we don’t have a PM system on the forum? Do I just start a new thread or report the post with the question?

That’s prob the best way....or tag an admin in this thread....

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What gorgeous rings and that EC ring is TDF!:kiss2: Thank you so much for sharing with us @ohsomethingshiny. What a delightful day! And yes to winning the lottery please...more photos for all of us.:appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is also a somebody should buy this stone over in RT as well!!! Gorgeous find!!1

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good lord!!! :love: I'd buy that in a heartbeat--reset the center east-west and plop the remaining two into earrings!

cheers--Sharon

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good lord!!! :love: I'd buy that in a heartbeat--reset the center east-west and plop the remaining two into earrings!

cheers--Sharon
It’s still available. Frank will give ya a great deal. :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys would buy a $35K ring w/o GIA reports? :confused: you ladies have more BALLS than me. :whistle:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys would buy a $35K ring w/o GIA reports? :confused: you ladies have more BALLS than me. :whistle:
I’d ask Frank (the owner of the store) about GIA reports as he is the one who first sourced the stones. If there isn’t any, I’d ask him about sending it out.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that setting! One of my all time faves!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results