shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh, magnasonic, How I have missed thee....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got mine today and I love it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok fine, you talked me into it. Just ordered a .25 gallon Elma. It better last a lifetime!
:dance:
How much did it cost?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Do you all change the water/ dish liquid soap in your Magnasonic after each use? I just got one today. That’s what it says in the owner’s manual. Seems like a waste especially since I clean my rings regularly and not really dirty.

Thanks.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you all change the water/ dish liquid soap in your Magnasonic after each use? I just got one today. That’s what it says in the owner’s manual. Seems like a waste especially since I clean my rings regularly and not really dirty.

Thanks.

I do change it each time but I use it about 1x/week not every day

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I do change it each time but I use it about 1x/week not every day

Thanks, @bluediva. I’m wondering if it will be harmful to the unit if I left the water in as I basically put in clean rings in it so just that I can try it :).

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully one of the pros will comment, i can't imagine they change the water each time at the shops but I have no idea how long it can stay in there! I've accidentally forgotten the water in for a day or so after using and didn't see any adverse effects. o_O

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully one of the pros will comment, i can't imagine they change the water each time at the shops but I have no idea how long it can stay in there! I've accidentally forgotten the water in for a day or so after using and didn't see any adverse effects. o_O
Thanks again, @bluediva. Hopefully, it’s not harmful leaving the water in. It just feels like a lot of work to change the water/ dish soap every day especially if the rings are essentially clean :roll. I’m sure others will roll their eyes with me saying that’s a lot of work hahaha.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one reasonly and found it is a waste to change the water every time as well. Not sure if that will damage the machine if I leave the water in...

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you leave it in use distilled water and real dawn soap.
Edit:
Distilled water for lack of minerals to build up.
Real dawn soap to keep the oil dispersed and no residue causing agents.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As far as how often many bench man change the water in the USonic, When they drop something in it that they cant fish out or when the jewellery comes out dirtier than it went in.

The advantage of daily changing is nuking the distilled water to 130 degrees not boiling and the cleaning action goes up.
Pro units have heaters for a reason.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks.
I don’t change it ever time but I do it often. I just use a few drops of dawn in water or straight windex and water. I just rinse them well in hot water after I take them out..

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t change it ever time but I do it often. I just use a few drops of dawn in water or straight windex and water. I just rinse them well in hot water after I take them out..
Thanks, @ Mamabean and @Karl_K.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks.

I dispose of the water each time I use it and store it dry. However I only use the ultrasonic like once a month. I find just cleaning it with a toothbrush and soap and water and alcohol to be good enough for me. I'm lazy that way.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use warm water from my kurig with blue dawn in my ultrasonic 2-3 times per month. I dump the solution and dry the tub after every use. In between ultrasonic cleanings (usually 3-4 times a week), I use a soft toothbrush with warm water and dawn. After cleaning, I dip in distilled water to rinse, then a quick dip in isopropyl alcohol. Keeps my rings super shiny and clean...for about an hour :lol:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I dispose of the water each time I use it and store it dry. However I only use the ultrasonic like once a month. I find just cleaning it with a toothbrush and soap and water and alcohol to be good enough for me. I'm lazy that way.
Hahaha @missy. I like your way :) thanks. That’s not lazy that’s practical :).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I use warm water from my kurig with blue dawn in my ultrasonic 2-3 times per month. I dump the solution and dry the tub after every use. In between ultrasonic cleanings (usually 3-4 times a week), I use a soft toothbrush with warm water and dawn. After cleaning, I dip in distilled water to rinse, then a quick dip in isopropyl alcohol. Keeps my rings super shiny and clean...for about an hour :lol:
Hahaha @Kaycee2018 - I know, right? Thanks for your input. I think it’s @diamondseeker2006 who has mentioned it all along that all that hard work goes *poof* once you start your daily activities and your diamond falls prey to daily environmental hazards :). I will empty it out after using it each time then which I probably would use twice a month like you. I was just thinking of dropping my rings in every night without running it then changing the water/dawn once a week but that would mean continuously keeping it filled. So not sure how that would adversely affect the unit as it says empty after each use in the owner’s manual.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So not sure how that would adversely affect the unit as it says empty after each use in the owner’s manual.
I leave the solution in the tank 24/7. Whenever I decide to use the US cleaner I'll just turn the dial to 10 min. I can clean up to 16 rings all at once. :lol:

US.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disperse daily. I clean my invisalign retainer in it. 480 seconds with a squirt of detergent and water. Dump and add water 180 seconds. If there are still some suds dump and add water for round 3 90 or 180 seconds.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I leave the solution in the tank 24/7. Whenever I decide to use the US cleaner I'll just turn the dial to 10 min. I can clean up to 16 rings all at once. :lol:

US.JPG
Thanks,@Dancing Fire. Whoa! That looks like professional grade though. Mine is a cheap home version, Magnasonic :). Owner’s manual says empty and wipe dry after each use.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I disperse daily. I clean my invisalign retainer in it. 480 seconds with a squirt of detergent and water. Dump and add water 180 seconds. If there are still some suds dump and add water for round 3 90 or 180 seconds.
Maybe I’ll have my youngest put her retainers in there :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dump mine out every two or three weeks or so. I wash my hands and rings with Dawn before I put them in the ultrasonic so they are not really dirty when they go in. The liquid - even Windex - starts to evaporate over time though. The last one I had for about three years so that's about $10 a year to own so no complaints!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also only dump mine out about every two weeks. I throw my ring and glasses in it in the morning while I'm getting ready.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results