shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh, magnasonic, How I have missed thee....

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
an ode to my magnasonic, lol... just kidding, I didn’t write an ode.

As you all might remember, I broke two magnasonics, probably from overuse (ha!) and also probably from using too hot water in it.

That was about 4 and 3 months ago for them. RIP

I finally just bought another $40 one from amazon because my asscher was getting me down, it just wasn’t getting clean with dawn and a soft brush (you hear that @soxfan ). Asschers get too filthy dirty. I’m going to claim that of all the cuts, asscher is the worst for grime. I don’t have much to back me up on that lol.

I just gave my babies a bath and the crud that got knocked loose :confused2:.....

So we are back in business! When this one breaks, I will get the industrial made in the USA one @cflutist and @Dancing Fire recommend.

For now, I’m happy again :dance:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really need to invest in one. I may have to send it to hubby for a Christmas present.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Glad you’re back in business! ;)2

It sounds like in your experience, the U/S does a much better job than a brush and dish soap?

I personally have never noticed the U/S water get grimey or dirty after a wash... also, because I also worry that the ultrasonic might weaken the pave, I was considering giving up its use altogether, and just sick to a soft bristle/soap and a steamer.

Thoughts?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you’re back in business! ;)2

It sounds like in your experience, the U/S does a much better job than a brush and dish soap?

I personally have never noticed the U/S water get grimey or dirty after a wash... also, because I also worry that the ultrasonic might weaken the pave, I was considering giving up its use altogether, and just sick to a soft bristle/soap and a steamer.

Thoughts?

Here is what @Sunstorm (one of our very wise trade members) stated in previous threads:

In my opinion an ultrasonic is essential especially if you do not clean your jewelry every day or very regularly. Anything else such as a steamer is extra.
Tanalasta if the stones are set well, it is not a problem.

Diamonds- ultrasonic is a must. May even be followed by the toothbrush. Pave fine. You need to have at least good workmanship for the pave to be safe but it is also a good test, better to catch a stone in the ultra than have one falling out on the street.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Here is what @Sunstorm (one of our very wise trade members) stated in previous threads:

Thanks @missy! All good points!

Perhaps my ultrasonic isn’t strong enough... or my jewelry dirty enough. Since the megasonic seems an effective and popular choice on PS, I may be looking into getting one too in the near future :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy! All good points!

Perhaps my ultrasonic isn’t strong enough... or my jewelry dirty enough. Since the megasonic seems an effective and popular choice on PS, I may be looking into getting one too in the near future :mrgreen2:

You're very welcome! So my experience (short as it is so keep that in mind as I have only been using the Magnasonic for about a month or so?) is that it does not do a better job for my ER but it gets my earrings clean...However I rarely cleaned my earrings before this (gross I know) so that is probably why the Magnasonic spruced them right up. It is inexpensive enough that I would suggest you get one and see for yourself.

Also I started a thread in September and got some very helpful replies. Maybe you will find some useful info in it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ultrasonic-cleaner-recommendation-please.243876/

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
No pictures of your clean sparklies? :eek2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo. I might put one of these on my holiday wish list for my folks. They always struggle with what to get me since aside from bling I don’t shop for much or want much.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What the heck, why not, so I ordered the $40 Magnasonic and it's wonderful. Thanks for the recommendation. And we got our marriage license today around noon.

What's also great is having an Amazon warehouse 12.4 miles away. I ordered the ultrasonic yesterday at 4:30 and it was delivered this afternoon at 1:00. I thought it would never get here. Not a prime member either.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because of you guys I ordered one coming Saturday.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we are back in business! When this one breaks, I will get the industrial made in the USA one @cflutist and @Dancing Fire recommend.

For now, I’m happy again :dance:
You should buy a good one from the get go. :P2 It would last you a lifetime, but most you ladies are a cheapo when it comes to buying an US cleaner.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a fosmon version and it works great so far ... maybe not a professional one and it will break, but I love the small size.

Can anyone recommend a professional 0.6 litre version?

I have anothere question too: how long should you leave your jewelry in the US cleaner? Is there any chance of damaging jewelry from cleaning for too long?

I also found a chemical jewelry cleaner - it’s in a small face-cream-size jar ... any opinions about using this type of cleaner? (There is a basket and you leave your jewelry in the liquid for a max of 3 min). Are they safe?

Thanks in advance!

:wavey:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should buy a good one from the get go. :P2 It would last you a lifetime, but most you ladies are a cheapo when it comes to buying an US cleaner.

Tell me again the name brand. Etc. where to buy. Thanks. I can always put this one at the other house.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Grainger has many dozen different kinds of lab quality cleaners - heated, unheated, digital timers, mechanical timers, whatever.

www.grainger.com/category/ultrasonic-cleaners/lab-equipment/lab-supplies/ecatalog/N-kse

They range from small all the way up to a 110-gallon Shiraclean for $39,090. I didn't calculate the shipping, but it weighs 1200 pounds. :eek-2: Think of the jewelry cleaning parties you could host.
www.grainger.com/product/SHIRACLEAN-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-53KA43

"Grainger is America's #1 source for industrial-grade supplies and safety products. For over 90 years, Grainger has built a tradition of serving businesses, big and small, with effortless ways to get the products and services they need. We do this by providing a huge selection of over 1.5 million products from 5,000 trusted suppliers. Our world-class supply chain means we can get those products to 97% of the U.S. with next-day delivery. And when you need something the same day, you can stop by one of our 250 branches nationwide. Grainger backs it all up with 24/7 customer service and free technical support from industry experts."

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Magnasonic...I also bought mine on Amazon..I keep mine in the kitchen and pop my rings in to soak while I make dinner..I don’t run them then..I just rinse them off in hot water and pop them back on after I’ve done the dishes. I usually run them in the morning before I put them on..:love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell me again the name brand. Etc. where to buy. Thanks. I can always put this one at the other house.

I have an L&R Quantrex that I bought years ago when it was less than $200. It has a heater and a timer.
At the time, I called several local jewelers and asked what brand they used. L&R was the most popular so I bought one of those.

Screenshot_20181109-153048_Chrome.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They range from small all the way up to a 110-gallon Shiraclean for $39,090. I didn't calculate the shipping, but it weighs 1200 pounds. :eek-2: Think of the jewelry cleaning parties you could host.
www.grainger.com/product/SHIRACLEAN-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-53KA43

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an L&R Quantrex that I bought years ago when it was less than $200. It has a heater and a timer.
At the time, I called several local jewelers and asked what brand they used. L&R was the most popular so I bought one of those.

Screenshot_20181109-153048_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, I’m going to check out the dimensions to make sure it fits in my pantry.

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
Grabbed one from Amazon as well. Cleaned my watch and eyeglasses with dishwashing soap.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I’m going to check out the dimensions to make sure it fits in my pantry.
The last US cleaner that you'll ever need to buy. ;)) remember the key words are "made in the USA".

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Ok fine, you talked me into it. Just ordered a .25 gallon Elma. It better last a lifetime!
:dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results