shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh Crap - My FI just got laid off!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Erica that sucks
7.gif
I am so sorry hun but kudos to you for keeping an upbeat attitude - HUGS

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((MORE BIG ASS HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh, EricaR, I am so sorry to hear this. How stressful. I hope everything works out.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Erica I am so sorry to hear this!!!! What sucky sucky news. Try not to stress too much until you get home and have a big chat to FI. I just had to postpone my wedding by three months (everything booked and lots paid for) and it''s a very stressful time, but in a few weeks you will be able to find positives about it. Everything happens for a reason, there will be good to come of this situation!!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness i''m so sorry to hear this! I''m sure there''s nothing that I could say to make you feel better. But we''re here to give you virtual hugs!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Erica! I''m so sorry to hear that your FI was laid off. I''m sending loads of dust that he finds another job incredibly quickly!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I, and I am sure many other PSers, will help you plan just as spectacular a wedding if you do end up having to change plans. But, I agree with your FI that you should think it out and not change plans completely while this is all still fresh.

Lots of well wishes to you and your FI while you get through this, though! And, big ((((HUGS))))! We will all be thinking about you and hoping your FI gets another job soon.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Erica, I''m so sorry to hear about this. I will definitely keep you and your SO in my thoughts and prayers. Is he going to start searching for a new job immediately?

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Erica I''m so sorry to hear what happen, hopefully he will be able to find another one soon. btw I''m also under SO''s medical insurance for domestic partner which really helps a lot. I''m hoping your friends could help you out with some deals at vegas. I''m sending you lost of great jobs dust for your FI and lots of great deal dust your way. (Big Hugs) to you.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
So, two friends have called and offered to pay for us to go to Mexico. Not sure yet if we are going to accept the offer, but the outpouring of love and support has been overwhelming.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, honey, tons of hugs!!!! I can''t believe this.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is AMAZINGLY awesome of your friends!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Erica - How wonderful of your friends!! So generous. It is so gratifying to know that there are such selfless and genuine people in the world. I''m so happy for you that you have such a terrific support system. Whatever it is that you and your FI decide is best for you, I''m confident that your friends and family will help you get through this challenging time as painlessly as possible.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What if you and FI basically take that as a loan, and then pay them back later?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
How awesome! Even if you don''t accept the offer, it must feel great to know that your friends care for you that much!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Erica, what amazing friends!!! That is awesome of them - and whether you accept or not, it''s great to have friends like that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DITTO BEG!!!!!! Those are SERIOUSLY wonderful friends.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful of your friends! I am so happy to hear your plans may work out as you hoped. Best of luck, and hugs to you during this difficult time.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. I really apprecaite it. I''m just devastated, but I realize that I have the best friends in the entire world and am incredibly lucky.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes you do have the best friends in the entire world. And probably other worlds too.
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 2:38:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Yes you do have the best friends in the entire world. And probably other worlds too.
9.gif

Seriously! And of course, you have us too!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW that is awesome :) yor friends are really sweet, I love seeing people being so wonderful :D

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Your friends are amazing! But now Mexico worries me because of this news...I''m not sure which region you were planning your wedding at, but it might be worth looking into the validity of this.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Oh Erica, I am SO sorry your FI got laid off and what horrible timing! I just wanted to let you know that I''m thinking about you and hope you''re doing okay!
7.gif
`

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl to have friends like that! That is really sweet of them to offer. It must feel nice in this cruddy situation that there are people who care so much about you and still want to help make your dream wedding happen.

Have you already booked plane tickets and such? If you decide not to go to Mexico will you lose a lot of deposit money?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Choro - don''t worry, we''d be FAR away from Tijuana!

If we cancelled Mexico right now we''d be out about $1000, less if Orbitz and/or the airline were willing to work with us to reschedule our flights. They are technically unrefundable tickets, so who knows if we''d get lucky there. I am considering doing what Freke suggested - accept the money with the understanding that we''ll repay it as soon as possible.

Right now I''m mostly worried about keeping K''s spirits up. He is one of those people who always needs to be busy, buth physically and mentally, so I''m worried that this is going to take a nasty toll on him.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
p.s. Freke, are you making a statement about my body with those "big ass hugs"????????? I''m shocked and mortally offended!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
EricaR,
I''m sooooo sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and best wishes are with you. Hang in there. I''m sure you two will find a way to work things out in this difficult time.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
How awful that this has happened, with your wedding two months away no less!
15.gif

I''m really sorry to hear this, but am glad to hear that you have such a wonderful support system. You''ll get through this, even laugh about it one day I''m sure.

(((HUGS)))

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
((HUGS)) to you! My FI and I have been postponing our planning due to the instability of his parent''s jobs. They are helping us pay for the wedding, and will be attending our (hopefully) destination wedding. We can''t plan anything until we hear if his mom still has a job.
32.gif

As far as the wedding goes, I would sit down and develop a budget to determine what you can/can''t do. I bet you may be able to rearrange some things to make it all work out in the end.

ETA: Sounds like you have some great friends. YAY for them!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results