Premium

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart is aching for you, Karl and Bonfire. I'm so very sorry. :cry2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Karl I’m so sorry. Families need to be able to come together and comfort one another. I’m so sorry for you all.
Our plan is to have a small memorial service to scatter his ashes later this summer.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wifey4vr had a rough night.

It has been a very emotional day for Wifey4vr, no one can get up there and they are limiting the funeral to graveside only 5 people.

It is really hard on her mom without her daughters there.

My heart goes out to her. As Bonfire said, families need to come together at times like these. Of course her mother needs her children with her, and your wife needs to be with her mother and her siblings who shared so much of her life with her father. I hope that the family will find ways to stay close through this hardship mourning period.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you and your family today, @Karl_K ?

@TooPatient , I was thinking of you and your DH. Iin a German medical review was an article today: sometimes one is usable to get positive Covid test results by the usual tests including antibody. They described a case in Freiburg, Germany, where a patient with obvious Covid tested negative three times.

The researchers recommended stool testing and deep respiratory tract extraction (I just translated literally from German..., sorry, sounds gross)

Hugs to you guys

Thank you! It is good to know there may be options if we need to push the issue.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient How are you doing? How is your hubby?

We're hanging in there. DH is breathing better. He finally noticed his heart rate is low. (been telling him, but it didn't register) Not too much new as it was a holiday so no Dr or anyone open. I'm scrambling to get school stuff done. 3 1/2 weeks until I (hopefully) finally graduate!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe you guys can plan for a memorials service latter on
i heard a funneral director on tv a few weeks back saying its not good for people's mental heath to not be able to say good bye properly right now

in alot of Pacific cultures and im sure many others they have this thing called unveiling (they wait a year to put the headstone up ...but) where at the one year anniversary they have a huge memorial dinner, every man and his dog attends
the grief is not quite so raw and it gives cloursure and is not as desperatly sad as a funeral - more like a celebration of the loved ones life

im sure your family will find a way to honor Pa that will help Ma

I like this idea!

Another idea might be to live stream using whatever tool to do that. Maybe with a drive by of sorts after? Or a day after have everyone take turns bringing a flower or whatever to leave on the grave and say hi to Ma?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like this idea!

Another idea might be to live stream using whatever tool to do that. Maybe with a drive by of sorts after? Or a day after have everyone take turns bringing a flower or whatever to leave on the grave and say hi to Ma?
They are going to live stream the service.
Some ppl had wanted to do a bit of a drive by but they will not allow it.
We are going to have a memorial service when everyone can get up there. That may be a long time from now.
Right now no on is allowed into the province without a 14 day quarantine at a place they chose but at your expense and a mountain of paperwork unless they are a trucker delivering a load or military or a nurse/doctor/medical even if you live there.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are going to live stream the service.
Some ppl had wanted to do a bit of a drive by but they will not allow it.
We are going to have a memorial service when everyone can get up there. That may be a long time from now.
Right now no on is allowed into the province without a 14 day quarantine at a place they chose but at your expense and a mountain of paperwork unless they are a trucker delivering a load or military or a nurse/doctor/medical even if you live there.

I am sorry that it has to be this way, but your family will stick together and support each other through this ordeal. I wish you strength.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Karl. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tomorrow is the funeral.
Wifey4vr had a rough day, so did I.
Breathing was not that bad however for the most part.

I'm glad your breathing was mostly not bad. That is one fewer misery in the day at least! Thinking of you and your family. Hoping you all find some peace in this awful time.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Karl. Please stay in touch.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to hold you and Wifey I my prayers.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Bonfire, I’m so so sorry. I’m so sorry you and your family are feeling this pain. Nothing prepares us for losing people we love. I think of you every Memorial Day but didn’t say anything because I have no idea If it makes you uncomfortable to have people bring it up. After reading your post today I wish I’d said something. Please know my thoughts are with you and your family. Times like these It’s good to know you have a great husband and kids that love and support you.

I’m sorry if I threadjacked your thread Karl. Sending prayers to your family as well. I’m glad your wife has you.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My deepest condolences @Karl_K @Bonfire . I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. Sending thoughts, prayers and strength your way.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Condolences to you, your wife and family @Karl_K and @Bonfire. I'm sorry you have to go through this during COVID - 19 it makes a deeply sad situation that much more difficult.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone.
rough day all around.
I have a video doc apt in the am.
Dont expect much from it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone.
rough day all around.
I have a video doc apt in the am.
Dont expect much from it.

Praying for you, as always. I'm seeing a dr in the flesh tomorrow for the first time in 3 months. What strange times these are.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you and @mrs-b in my thoughts and prayers today Karl, but sometimes i just don't know what to say

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, Karl and mrs-b.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As per usual the doc video visit was a waste of time.
I really don't like this guy.
Didn't listen and dismissed my request without consideration.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As per usual the doc video visit was a waste of time.
I really don't like this guy.
Didn't listen and dismissed my request without consideration.

I do not know what you requested, but I am unhappy that your doctor was dismissive. I believe that physicians should listen carefully. People usually know a lot about their own bodies and I know you do about yours, Karl. I am sorry you were treated with a lack of respect.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do not know what you requested
I requested another round of prednisone as I was able to do more walking when on it than now and need more exercise.
He just said right away, no were not doing that and started reading his checklist from the computer.
Now im ok with a no if he thought about it and discussed it with me.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Karl_K I'm sorry you didn't feel listened to! :shock:When I was a nurse I wanted all my patients to feel like I understood what was going on for them.
Continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K -

What level of prednisone have you been on in the past? I wondered if your dr was concerned about cardiovascular issues - which is why I'm desperate to get OFF prednisone. Prednisone controls my gut inflammation, which I sorely need, but it's caused so many vascular issues (I found out just this morning that I do, definitely, need surgery on my left carotid artery), my overall assessment is that it's not worth it. But that's me, and your dr should always consider your requests carefully; as my GI dr says - "It's your body and you're the only one living in it."

My knees used to be crap, but then I lost a bunch of weight and the pain just went away. Prior to that, walking to the corner and back was as far as I could possibly go. The difference now is extraordinary - both in level of (non) pain, but also in the flexibility in the joints.

Prednisone had always been the silver bullet for me - until one time I was on it and I felt really groggy and woozy and went to my dr and asked him to take my blood glucose: 395. It came down super fast, but 395 is diabetic coma territory. Earlier this year, I was on it again: 290. I'm on it now and it shoots up during the day, but comes down to normal after it peaks. I'm trying to find the balance between relief and risk, but I'm no doctor, and balancing all this stuff is so tough.

You really do have my deepest sympathies on this; being short term dependent on the things that hurt you in the long term is a damnable position to be in - I know.

Prayers, prayers, and more warm thoughts your way.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K -

What level of prednisone have you been on in the past?
I was on 50mg for 5 days after being in the hospital the last time.
The other times were 25mg for 5 days.
I tolerate it well other than some stomach upset which i take pepsid for for when im on any kind of steroids.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K -

(I found out just this morning that I do, definitely, need surgery on my left carotid artery),

Im so sorry to hear that, prayers continue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results