shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC with pave?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

What do you think about an OEC with pave for an engagement ring? I haven''''t seen any pave rings with an OEC cetner stone, but my bf is getting a 1.5 carat OEC and I love pave settings.

I am thinking something like this: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=87&sessionid=3d56d15e7822e3c2a87ca96f4da7e061 but with an OEC center stone.

Does anyone have any thoughts about whether this is a good idea or will look good?? Do you think the pave and OEC would compliment or detract from each other? Do you think the pave (more modern) and OEC will seem like they fit together, even though it is an antique stone in a more modern setting?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, sounds beautiful - I am a nig OEC fan!!

Pave is more antique looking than modern, IMO!! So the stone and setting would be very complimentary!!

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Hi Roxy,

I think the setting you linked to would be simply gorgeous with an OEC.

I have an OEC in a pave setting myself, so I think it's a great idea, of course! My setting is antique and has single-cut diamonds, which complement the OEC nicely. However, I think an OEC would look terrific in a modern pave setting as well-- and I'm sure someone here has the photos to prove it! In the meantime, here's my OEC in an old pave setting:

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Dulcinea, your OEC is simply beautiful. I love the way that it reflects light, there is a blue-ish tint that is gorgeous. Can you tell me any of the stats on the stone?

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Thanks :) It does tend to throw off blues and reds often, but in really bright light, it's more prone to pastel pinks and greens for some reason. (Can you tell I've stared at it too long?
21.gif
) Anyway, here are its specs; they're from EGL, so they probably aren't perfect, but they'll give you an idea:

1.63 ct. OEC, VS2, N, 7.50 x 7.14 x 4.53
Depth 61.6
Table 47.0
Crown 19.2
Pavilion 36.7
Girdle THICK TO EX. THICK
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence FAINT
Culet LARGE

My appraiser agreed with the basic measurements, but called the color J and the clarity VVS2. The stone really does face up a warm white rather than a faint yellow as you'd expect from an N-- the fluorescence helps, I bet!

I hope you're planning to show us lots of OEC pics in the near future, by the way
1.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Your OEC will look GORGEOUS with pave. I thought I wanted a simple solitaire setting for my OEC until I actually started dropping the stone in settings, and now I''m definitely going to get something with pave. It looks GREAT with OECs!!!! It gives it a touch of that antique feeling, which really compliments the stone. I love the setting you shared! I have no doubt in my mind that your OEC would be stunning in it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what great rings! i can''t wait to see what you get roxy!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results