shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC vs AVR what do you prefer?

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2:

Beautiful stone! I'm glad you found your winner! My stone is a J. It's been in this setting forever. For what it's worth, I personally wish I went two tone. Excited to see how you set yours!

Thanks! I love the setting. Can you explain your thoughts behind this please?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart. If all OECs looked liked this one, there would probably not be AVRs.
Thank you so much for your lovely compliment LLJsmom!

twang07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I love the setting. Can you explain your thoughts behind this please?

I don't know if this is your taste, but I think my all gold set in certain lights make my stone more yellow than it is. I don't mind but I think having white gold prongs or somehow making my cup white gold would have complemented my stones lovely color (I think it's a higher J on the J spectrum) and still satisfy my personal love of yellow gold. It's not everyone's taste but this is what I mean. Some good examples of this would be @ohsomethingshiny lovely CvB piece, formerly @JDDN piece, and here's her thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/from-one-pser-to-another-avc-in-a-cvb-setting.241694/

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if this is your taste, but I think my all gold set in certain lights make my stone more yellow than it is. I don't mind but I think having white gold prongs or somehow making my cup white gold would have complemented my stones lovely color (I think it's a higher J on the J spectrum) and still satisfy my personal love of yellow gold. It's not everyone's taste but this is what I mean. Some good examples of this would be @ohsomethingshiny lovely CvB piece, formerly @JDDN piece, and here's her thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/from-one-pser-to-another-avc-in-a-cvb-setting.241694/

I wanted two tone, but I also want an underhalo! Will it look incongruous if the halo/head is all white but the shank is yellow with pave? I haven’t seen any examples of what I’m thinking

A jeweller I spoke to told me of negative refraction? Where the yellow gold reflections would actually make the stone whiter ... I did some digging and I’m inclined to think this isn’t a real thing???

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh what beautiful stones thank you all sooo sooo much for sharing!!!!!
Starfacet....that pendant!!!
Diamondseeker, so your avatar is an AVR!! OK!! Wow...that is crazy, yours was one of the -what I thought to be OEC's - that i fell in love with! How funny!! What a beaut.
Lovesparkle. Whoa. Just. Whoa.
twang07..how gorgeous!! And that setting!
Foxinsox, your OEC is beautiful!! How big is it? How big do you want to go??
Missy...ooooooooh yesss!! That is bubbalah, yes??? I remember reading the story about her! Just. Stunning.
ecf8503...you lucky!!! So gorgeous! And well said!
LLJs mom. First of all, beautiful. I love your story, and it's not drawn out, so what is the pic? Is it one from Adam?....and what is MK???
Bonfire, what is the story with yours??? It is spectacular. Thank you for asking about my OMC/antique cushion, here are some pics..I cannot wait to have it!!. mine.jpg mine1.jpg mydiam.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Your cushion is amazing @rubyjim
You have made a great choice

I love the old world charm of antique stones that were cut about 100 years ago. Since PS I have learned about newly cut old cuts and they look amazing. Yet I love the perfection of the imperfection, the feeling of antique lace...
When I saw my OEC for the first time I was amazed. And I still am. The imperfect perfection enables me to rock a 5 ct stone in my everyday ring. A perfectly cut modern brilliant would be too flashy were I live.
A8A64C8E-1575-4C49-BA1C-747E3C6AB73D.jpeg C5E41077-93E7-43BF-8AD1-36DE0D21726F.jpeg 0FB2F468-7AF8-4CDD-9905-874BC0CE7889.jpeg
Showing the bruted girdle
C317A892-288E-452F-9540-F6F4B46B4943.jpeg
My studs are OEC’s as well. The pendant is a vintage uncertified diamond
8B72F9FE-640F-4D2A-8395-43761E1314E1.jpeg

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Acinom! I too was amazed when I saw your OEC for the 1st time!! 5 carats! I love it. And you are sooo right, the perfection of the imperfections of the old stones. I think that is what attracts me to them as well!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Foxinsox, your OEC is beautiful!! How big is it? How big do you want to go??
Your OMC is amazing! You chose great for your first old cut! How are you setting it?
Mine is a wee one compared to the beauties here - it’s 1.08 carats but has a 7mm spread so faces up bigger.. I’d happily go to 8.5mm if I could afford it but I’m not totally sure I could wear a stone that big in my social circle. I’d kinda love to have the opportunity to find out tho.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results