shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC Solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K+D=4

Rough_Rock
Well, I believe we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

We have decided to put everything towards the diamond and save for my dream setting for our anniversary!

We have it narrowed down to 2 stones, one is a 2.80 OEC JVS1 and the other is a 2.4 round.

My question that I am wrestling with is would the OEC look ok in a Kind of funky, full bezel halosetting (a la 3hearts) until we set her in her permanent home or would I ruin the "antiqueness" of the stone by doing that? I keep going back and forth with myself thinking that an antique cut MUST be in a VINTAGE-type setting. I LOVE the facets of the OEC... Which is why we have the 2.4 on hold as well, 3hearts stone looks awesome in her simple setting.

Any pictures out there of OEC''s set in plain solitaires?? Would I be foolish to set it in an Etienne Perret setting??

I welcome any input either way!

1.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
you say full bezel - halo...but 3hearts is just a bezel...are you trying to choose between halo and bezel? a bezel will be very safe for your stone until you decide on the forever setting. i think an etienne setting would be amazing!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shimmer's .56 Transitional in a OneGarnetGirl setting.

Shimmerrings09.5.jpg

K+D=4

Rough_Rock
Yes, I guess I meant a full bezel! With all the halo drooling going on at our home I guess I got the two confused!

So yes, we are toying with the idea of setting either stone really, into a full bezel solitaire setting!
1.gif

ETA, that James Meyer is gorgeous!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
YES!!! DO IT!! I
30.gif
OEC and if I had one, my dream setting would be a really thin, fluid, sleek modern bezel. I think the juxtaposition of those amazing facets and rainbows with a thin modern setting is AMAZING!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think putting all your money into the diamond is the way to go!! And I think an OEC would look lovely in a full bezel. Just look at the lovely drool worthy rings posted above!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results