shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC project: help me commit, or have me committed!

Which mounting should I choose?

• James Meyer 1345

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Caleb Meyer 1816

• If you''re this indecisive, you should just give the stone to me!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

I am changing my mind daily!! I need to decide which way to go, and I just don''t know! I have the funds ready, I''ve got quotes, I love all of these for different looks and different reasons, but I have to choose and just get this thing done already!!

Please help me by voting for the mounting you think would be best for a 47 year old woman to wear as a right hand ring. My size is 7.5 and my fingers are short. The stone is a 1.07 M old european cut.

LZSEKJR A;OESIJ.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have loved that style ever since I laid eye''s on Coati''s stunning piece!!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of the Sholtz design for an old stone; it seems too contemporary, which doesn't seem to fit the romance of an old stone.

The Singlestone designs are okay, but not stunning. The YG version seems to compete the with stone instead of merely complementing it, the WG version looks a bit engagement-like and somewhat common/forgettable.

I love either of the two Meyer settings, but I prefer the Caleb one for a right hand ring - looks less engagement-like and more RHR-like.

So, I voted for the Caleb Meyer. I think that is just the perfect setting for this type or project, and that comes from a 43-y/o woman who is herself working on OEC right-hand projects.
2.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 10:43:12 AM
Author: Allison D.
I''m not a fan of the Sholtz design for an old stone; it seems too contemporary, which doesn''t seem to fit the romance of an old stone.

The Singlestone is OK, but it seems to compete the with stone instead of merely complementing it.

I love either of the two Meyer settings, but I prefer the Caleb one for a right hand ring - looks less engagement-like and more RHR-like.

So, I voted for the Caleb Meyer. I think that is just the perfect setting for this type or project, and that comes from a 43-y/o woman who is herself working on OEC right-hand projects.
2.gif
After I voted for the first Meyer setting, but now that I look at it, I agree w/ Allison. the Caleb Meyer looks more like a RHR and is beautiful. I want to change my vote to that one!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of the Sholtz design for an old stone; it seems too contemporary, which doesn't seem to fit the romance of an old stone.

The Singlestone is OK, but it seems to compete the with stone instead of merely complementing it.

2.gif
* perks ears...*
emotion-40.gif

I vote for either of the Meyers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like the 1345. The Sholdt design looks too modern for an old stone and the others look too engagement like. Singlestone's design looks a bit too clunky and plain.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Redrose, I set up the poll to accept multiple votes. BTW, did you see the oec stone link I placed in the Ebay Search thread? I know you were looking for one but had a $0 budget. This one fits both your criteria!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I LOVEEEEE the first Meyer design

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif
Ditto with Allison,,, on the Caleb meyer,, I vote Caleb meyer...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I can''t get enough of coati''s ring, so you know what I chose
1.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I voted Jacob Meyer

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I''m not a fan of the Sholtz design for an old stone; it seems too contemporary, which doesn''t seem to fit the romance of an old stone.

The Singlestone designs are okay, but not stunning. The YG version seems to compete the with stone instead of merely complementing it, the WG version looks a bit engagement-like and somewhat common/forgettable.

2.gif
Though I love the James Meyer too, I have to completely agree with everything Allison said. I think the Caleb makes for an absolutely beautiful RHR, and I love the yellow gold; I think it would look better with an M OEC than the all-white James Meyer would. However, if that''s what you go with, it will still be beautiful.
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for either of the Meyers depending on whether you prefer white gold or gold gold...they are both beautiful!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
To confuse myself more, these are all Caleb Meyer settings I love. I think my stone would look beautiful in any one of these!

Caleb%20Meyer%20compilation.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should give the stone to me, because I know what I''d do with it. I''d put it in the James Meyers setting and be done with it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm..now that I actually paid attention and realize you''re looking for a right hand ring..I must change my mind. 1130 in Caleb Meyer still makes me giddy, but not so much for RHR-I was thinking for ER. And now I can''t voice an opinion b/c I''m on the reply page and can''t see the pictures. Gah, I''ll go look again.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 1816, 1203, 582..what''s the difference between 582 and 1721?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the Sholdt semi-bezel, but after the seeing the Caleb Meyer options below, I changed my mind. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the Caleb 1130. I don''t mind that it looks a little engagement-like for a RHR. It''s simple and beautiful.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I voted Caleb Meyer, it''s my favorite for a RHR! I really like the 1130 and 1824 of the new bunch you posted too!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 10:49:38 AM
Author: Upgradable
Redrose, I set up the poll to accept multiple votes. BTW, did you see the oec stone link I placed in the Ebay Search thread? I know you were looking for one but had a $0 budget. This one fits both your criteria!

Yeppers! I''m keeping my eye on it! I had Ari working on helping me with a setting, but my budget for that had already been increased 1k from the starting point...and I guess it needed to be increased 1500 from the starting point. So we''re going to wait until after the wedding to do my new setting to see what the funds look like (I''m now trying to make it super cheap, lol). So that means I acutally kinda have a 10.00 fund instead of a 0.00 fund! Thanks for the link! I still vote for the either of the Meyers. Those bezels are making me reconsider a singlestone setting and get one of those! May I ask what the price point starts at? If its less thank 2K I may be in luck!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Just give the stone to me.
31.gif
I'm having you committed.
3.gif

I voted SS (it is not clunky and plain in person--it's gorgeous!), because I really want one of those right now, but I love mine too.

I also like the one CM that is Sholdt-esque, but you did not post it--so it's outta the running??

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the two meyers but prefer the 1816 still. It looks less like an engagement ring and I like the side stones on it. I really can''t wait to see this project finished! You have such great ideas.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i also agree with everything allison said - i have always liked the caleb meyer design(s) because they speak to me more for a RHR. i actually went to see that very sholdt setting in person when i was searching for my OEC setting (but it is for my ering) and i didn't love it on my finger or with the OEC (my finger is 6.25 and medium-short). to my eyes it made the stone appear very E-W oval, which is a nice look but not the one i was after.

i'm sorry you are having such trouble deciding - it is torture at times, isn't it?! no matter what you choose, you have picked amazing designs and your ring will be amazing!

ETA: all of CM's designs are swoonable, but 582 (hope i got it right, has a sapphire in it) really catches my eye as well as the other two you have considered.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH! That 1130 is stunning!!!!!! Love it!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
that''s a tough one! I am considering the JM for my right hand ring as well, in a similar design to the one you have (or one like butterbean''s) , but in two tone. I do think it may look too e-ringish but I love it so much it really doesn''t matter. It''s a hard decision!
I like the CM ones as well. 1130 is very nice and simple.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I vote 1345
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
These are pretty much exactly my thoughts.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 11:08:47 AM
Author: purrfectpear
I voted Jacob Meyer
I just reread the thread hoping it would give me clarity, and I have to say that PP has the best suggestiong by far!!!!

BTW........ who is Jacob Meyer?
emcrook.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 3:51:20 PM
Author: Upgradable
Date: 3/8/2009 11:08:47 AM

Author: purrfectpear

I voted Jacob Meyer
I just reread the thread hoping it would give me clarity, and I have to say that PP has the best suggestiong by far!!!!

BTW........ who is Jacob Meyer?
emcrook.gif

JM''s country cousin??
3.gif

I really like the first CM--just took another look--would be an awesome rhr!

And...what about 3 stone para you?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have two .43ish white oecs that I''ve been hanging onto that would make beautiful sides. I''ve always wanted a three stone, but I don''t want it to look like my five stone, so there still just hanging out in the "future projects" box.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results