shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC project: help me commit, or have me committed!

Which mounting should I choose?

• James Meyer 1345

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Caleb Meyer 1816

• If you''re this indecisive, you should just give the stone to me!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m going to be perfectly honest with you... The James Meyer/Caleb Meyer styles are a FAR cry from the ueber-modern Scholdt design. Your taste covers many genres!

Let''s be honest, whichever you pick, ultra-modern or a graceful neo-art deco piece, the itch will not be satisfied, and you''ll still want a piece in the other style. I think it is inevitable that you will end up buying both eventually.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:58:46 PM
Author: suchende
Well, I''m going to be perfectly honest with you... The James Meyer/Caleb Meyer styles are a FAR cry from the ueber-modern Scholdt design. Your taste covers many genres!

Let''s be honest, whichever you pick, ultra-modern or a graceful neo-art deco piece, the itch will not be satisfied, and you''ll still want a piece in the other style. I think it is inevitable that you will end up buying both eventually.
You have no idea how true you speak!!!! What is wrong with me? I''m rolling my eyes at MYSELF! This is not an attention garnering attempt, I''m truly conflicted!

Maybe I should just drop it for six months and then pick it up.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 5:01:37 PM
Author: Upgradable
Date: 3/8/2009 4:58:46 PM

Author: suchende

You have no idea how true you speak!!!! What is wrong with me? I''m rolling my eyes at MYSELF! This is not an attention garnering attempt, I''m truly conflicted!

Maybe I should just drop it for six months and then pick it up.

I''ve been lurking long enough to know EXACTLY how right I am. On the plus side, I benefit from your posted eye candy and may someday have the money to buy one of your cast-offs, so I welcome your wild aesthetic mood swings ;-)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
You're my kind of girl, suchende! Not afraid to speak the truth!!!
35.gif

"cast offs"......... hee hee

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For me it would depend on the size of the diamond going into it.

If its under a carat i''d be inclined to stay away from bezels as it might cover too much. If over a carat good. Under a cara I like the Singlestone 4 prong setting.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Jacob, James, one Meyer is the same as the other
2.gif

I have similar taste to Upgradeable. One day I love sleek and classic, the next vintage style. One thing to remember is what other rings you might be wearing with it. If you wear that ring in your avatar every day, then I think the Sholdt will look a little off if worn at the same time.

I know I gave that some thought when I was having other stones set. I still want that Sholdt myself, but I will save it for something big that I would wear as a single ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just feel that the Sholdt ring should have a modern cut stone as it''s more suited and goes with that contemporary look. The James & Caleb designs lend themselves to old cut diamonds.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
PP, it gets difficult to describe what my style is. Do you find the same? I know what I like when I see it, and I see similarities in the pieces (sleek but with curves, not too "fussy", focus still on beauty of main stone). I do have sets that I change up. Some days I like bling, others day I wear simple and spare.

Uuuuggggghhhhhh.......
32.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I know lots of PSers will not agree with me about this, but I don't think an OEC would look out of character in a modern setting. There's nothing inherently old-fashioned about an OEC; it's not like it's covered in little organic flourishes or anything. I've seen OECs in modern settings before and never think they look out of place.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ve made a decision!

I''ve decided to put this project away for at least one month to try to get some perspective on it. If I''m this confused about how to set the stone I don''t think I should be making the decision just now. I''m so afraid of going one direction and then regreting it.

Thanks for everyone''s input!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caleb Meyer- 520 gets my vote...

ETA: pays to read to the end of the thread. I can totally understand wanting to take a step back and break away. it can get overwhelming trying to decide..

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that''s a good idea. I hope you have others things to distract you during this month!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 10:43:12 AM
Author: Allison D.
I''m not a fan of the Sholtz design for an old stone; it seems too contemporary, which doesn''t seem to fit the romance of an old stone.

The Singlestone designs are okay, but not stunning. The YG version seems to compete the with stone instead of merely complementing it, the WG version looks a bit engagement-like and somewhat common/forgettable.

I love either of the two Meyer settings, but I prefer the Caleb one for a right hand ring - looks less engagement-like and more RHR-like.

So, I voted for the Caleb Meyer. I think that is just the perfect setting for this type or project, and that comes from a 43-y/o woman who is herself working on OEC right-hand projects.
2.gif
Ditto! Voted for Caleb Meyer also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results