shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC or Transitional cut...

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for a OEC or Transitional diamond over 2 carats, K-Z color. I am looking for recommendations on who to source this through.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Adam at Old World Diamonds is an expert with an extensive (humongous, really) collection of antique stones. I personally did not have much luck getting consistent replies to emails, but I think someone mentioned that he responds to phone inquiries. He was very nice in the one email I got from him, but I did not actually end up working with him. Most people on this forum who've purchased from him have had very positive things to say.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Adam at Old World Diamonds is an expert with an extensive (humongous, really) collection of antique stones. I personally did not have much luck getting consistent replies to emails, but I think someone mentioned that he responds to phone inquiries. He was very nice in the one email I got from him, but I did not actually end up working with him. Most people on this forum who've purchased from him have had very positive things to say.

Thank you!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps reach out to Alex Parks on Insta from Parks Fime Groups. His inventory is not nearly as big as OWD for sure, but a huge variety of uncommon cuts, colors and a range of clarities seem to pass through his bench. Think of him as more of a case of he is able to keep his eyes open for something specific you’re looking for versus looking for your thing in his inventory. I just bought a 1.92 UV VS OMC from him...he has OECs pretty regularly as well as transitional pears and marquises - remember that any modified brilliant had a transitional period too, not just the rounds.

if you’re going old stones, I would say read up on the pros and cons of certs on these stones from GIA vs EGL. Also, know about thin girdles and the need to set the stone to protect them; literally the only down side to old stones are their thin girdles.

good luck!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels by Grace

Ivy and Rose

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results