shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC Opinions

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not even sure how to evaluate these new old style cuts. Are you looking for the one that looks the most authentic? Or the one with the best light return? Or…?. It’s just usually a totally different set of criteria with true old cuts because each is totally unique. So there needs to be different parameters for evaluating these new ones that are all cut to a particular pattern.

mccsbobo

Rough_Rock
Hahaha I hear you completely! I would say the one(s) with the best light return and material.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just not fond of this cut. Culets are too big and some (most?) of them go dark under the table.

Are there videos of any of them?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
627445081 should be the brightest of the bunch

I like this one. Center stays lit and it has amazing kozibe.

It’s a weird cut though. It mixes features of an oec and a transitional.

mccsbobo

Rough_Rock
I'm just not fond of this cut. Culets are too big and some (most?) of them go dark under the table.

Ahh ok! You are not a fan of OEC in general - or just this particular type?

mccsbobo

Rough_Rock
Have you seen Alex Park’s IG recently? He’s been posting OECs. I know he can also source for you.

I have not! Thanks for the tip!
I like this one. Center stays lit and it has amazing kozibe.
It’s a weird cut though. It mixes features of an oec and a transitional.
Awesome, thanks! Do you just like this one the most out of that crappy bunch? LOL Or does your gut say this could be a top-of-the-line OEC in terms of performance?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not! Thanks for the tip!

Awesome, thanks! Do you just like this one the most out of that crappy bunch? LOL Or does your gut say this could be a top-of-the-line OEC in terms of performance?

It looks like it will be a sparkly diamond! I would not call it an OEC, as it mixes too many different eras of cut styles.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Keep in mind those videos are the same as viewing the diamond at 4 inches so its not always a good indication if it will be over dark in person for oec cuts,

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh ok! You are not a fan of OEC in general - or just this particular type?

Love OECs...just not this type but, taste varies so its certainly fine if you love this cut!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

Are there videos of any of them?

I agree, i don't like big culets - and i LOOOOOVE OECs.

I wouldn't call them crappy!! Everyone has what they like best, some people really love a big culet!! Everyone likes something different! However, if we're talking about what "more people would choose when evaluating an OEC" i don't know that these would be the majority choice... that doesnt make them bad, if you like big culets then i agree with Dreamer and 0-0-0, that one has some cool kozibe!

I also agree with Karl that you have to see them in person in different light. things look different from normal viewing distance

Do you like a big culet like this, or is this just a case of this is what you could get?

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Out of curiosity, what do people think of the new lab OECs from Ivy and Rose? Obviously it's a smaller culet, but I know nothing else about facet patterns!

1716228374822.png

Frenchieglitter

Shiny_Rock
Ooh this looks great! I personally do not like large culets so never wanted an old cut, despite really liking the faceting otherwise, I just cant unsee the hole. So if they're making the culet tiny then may be time for me to add one to my collection!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of curiosity, what do people think of the new lab OECs from Ivy and Rose? Obviously it's a smaller culet, but I know nothing else about facet patterns!

1716228374822.png

I have this same question. Asked them a while back if the photos are of the exact stone being sold and was told yes it was.

I don’t know if it’s their particular glamour photo style that is what I’m catching ……
But I’m seeming to see a bit more unique wonk in the cut compared to other vendors versions of newly cuts.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I have this same question. Asked them a while back if the photos are of the exact stone being sold and was told yes it was.

I don’t know if it’s their particular glamour photo style that is what I’m catching ……
But I’m seeming to see a bit more unique wonk in the cut compared to other vendors versions of newly cuts.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to have that perfected modern antique look, but of course I would love to see a video in realistic lighting since I'm no expert. I noticed that a few of them have sold so I'm curious if anyone here will post something.... It seems like they could pass as natural antique stones if that's someone's goal, especially if they cut them in lower colors.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

1716228374822.png

I have always liked them from the pictures but curious to see a video (also too small for my taste hahahaha)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results