shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC in Casablanca Halo from CVB

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie - I wish I had made it over to your side of the table at yesterday's get-together! I inherited my mother's diamond, which my previously belonged to my paternal grandmother. It's a low-color, 2.15 ct transitional diamond, and I've been thinking the Casablanca might be the perfect setting for it since I'll also be wearing it as a right-hand ring. I had been planning to set it in YG to bring out the stone's faint bronze-y body color, but your YG/WG combo is definitely an option. I was showing Layla my mother's ring in the car, and mentioned that I was thinking I was planning to set it in CVB's "Casablanca," and she asked if I had seen your ring... :confused: :-o :o

To think I passed ip a chance to see the virtual twin of the ring I'm planning - in person! :doh:

Q

Queenie60

Hi VR Beauty - maybe we can meet for coffee sometime? I can show you the ring. Mine is set in 18k yellow gold, platinum halo. And the cup/prongs are 18k yellow gold to bring out the color of the stone. My stone is a Q (for Queenie!) and looks like a fancy light yellow diamond since it's set in a yellow cup. Just love it and it's easy to wear. Gypsy has my contact info and I don't mind if she shares with you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1479058352|4097851 said:
Queenie - I wish I had made it over to your side of the table at yesterday's get-together! I inherited my mother's diamond, which my previously belonged to my paternal grandmother. It's a low-color, 2.15 ct transitional diamond, and I've been thinking the Casablanca might be the perfect setting for it since I'll also be wearing it as a right-hand ring. I had been planning to set it in YG to bring out the stone's faint bronze-y body color, but your YG/WG combo is definitely an option. I was showing Layla my mother's ring in the car, and mentioned that I was thinking I was planning to set it in CVB's "Casablanca," and she asked if I had seen your ring... :confused: :-o :o

To think I passed ip a chance to see the virtual twin of the ring I'm planning - in person! :doh:

I have seen a hand pic of the rings at that GTG and I said, oh, was Queenie there?!!! Hopefully Gypsy can get that pic and send to you.

I love this ring and hope to make a similar one, too! I think the white halo is essential in providing contrast for the light yellow center!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to look at this amazing ring!!!! I love the warmth of the diamond and the combo of metals...Oh man...this is making me want to upgrade and make a casablanca ring. Not sure if you are in SoCal but if you ever meet for coffee with any other PS'rs I'd love to see the ring too!!! I have the casablanca earrings in the works and want to do a ring with Caysie soon...not sure if I want to do the Lisette or Casablanca..or if I want to get an upgrade..all these big beautiful diamonds are incredible! Congrats on such an exquisite ring!!! Your pear earrings that Caysie made are seriously amazing too. What a gorgeous collection!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results