shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC double prong gold solitaire

jjdear

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I don't post very often (if ever), but I have been a lurking member for ages.... since I first started looking for rings with my ex, many many years ago. ;-) I am notoriously indecisive, but I have always loved old cuts ever since I first stumbled on a post of Haven's OMC upgrade post back when I was with my ex. Since then, I've always looked at OECs and OMCs on JBG and LAD, but I still thought I would always go with a MRB since it seemed like a safer choice.

And then about two years ago, I started my search for a ring with my now SO. We went to many different jewelers and shops over the last two years and I tried on a lot of MRBs, but something in me just wasn't content with anything I looked at. My poor SO just wanted a ring already and was very patient with me. In January, after I had just tried on some more rings to no avail, I was browsing Pricescope preloved and stumbled on a beautiful OEC that was just in my budget and amazing. So romantic looking and bubbly and a good size. As indecisive as I am, I can also be extremely impulsive, and even though I had only seriously considered MRBs in a higher color, I ended up purchasing this stone.

Original setting:
upload_2019-9-13_10-21-40.png

Close up after it was unmounted:
upload_2019-9-13_10-25-27.png

After another half year of looking at settings, I finally half made up my mind on a design for my current setting, made by DK. I say half made up my mind because I am so indecisive and tend to second guess myself, and I'm still not 100% set on the design. A part of me wonders if maybe I should have gone with 8 prongs, or have a cathedral, or a basket, etc. etc. etc. But if my SO waited for me to make up my mind 100%, we won't ever get engaged. In any case, I am SO happy with the way it came out. I don't have it in my hands just yet, but wanted to share!

Link to DK's video: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2VTaR3Fx1w/
Photos from DK:
DKPV2019-09-12---GSFS---54754 --1.jpg
DKPV2019-09-12---GSFS---54754 --2.jpg
DKPV2019-09-12---GSFS---54754 --4.jpg

I will post more shots eventually after I receive in person. :)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! I can't wait to see more pics.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly gorgeous solitaire, I love everything about it - wear it in happiness!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on his IG yesterday. I LOVE the satiny gold! Congratulations, it’s beautiful! I can’t wait to see hand shots. (I hope you love it once you get it and stop second guessing yourself) =)2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect. Complete classic & I can't wait for the proposal & hand shots!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW!!! I just watched the IG video and I love how the shank flows up directly into each prong -- never seen anything like that before! And the stone is exquisite! What a very special ring!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy!:love:

yummy.gif

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and I love the open profile as it really shows off your gorgeous OEC!

jjdear

Rough_Rock
Thank you everybody for your kind comments! I ended up asking if they could possibly make the claws a tiny bit sharper/more delicate, but overall, the more I look at it, the more pleased I am, and I cannot wait to wear it! :) :) :)

I have browsed SO many rings on pricescope over the last few years which has served as inspiration, and I bought my stone from another member, so I really am grateful to be a part of the community (even as a lurker). :) :) :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What a great design! It must be years since I saw another simple solitaire that is New and not some kind of stunt, and works.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Classy, beautifully designed setting and your antique diamond is really beautiful! I’m very happy for you!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very regal and beautiful. Congrats!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I ogled this on IG and hoped it would be a PSer’s ring so I could see more pictures. It’s lovely!!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful solitaire. Love the satin yellow gold and open profile of the setting. I can imagine it with a scattered diamond band. Congratulations - good things come to those who wait.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece made me an 18K gold ring, bezel setting with a yellowish sapphire, I LOVE my satin finish! your ring is beautiful, the satin finish is gorgeous and the diamond is lovely, congratulations on the engagement! best wishes on your new adventure in life.

sapphiremine.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
That sayin finish is gorgeous! And what a stone!
Wonderful, just wonderful!

jjdear

Rough_Rock
My niece made me an 18K gold ring, bezel setting with a yellowish sapphire, I LOVE my satin finish! your ring is beautiful, the satin finish is gorgeous and the diamond is lovely, congratulations on the engagement! best wishes on your new adventure in life.

sapphiremine.jpg

Beautiful! I looove yellow gold and it looks so good with warm tones. :love:

I'm also glad everyone likes the satin finish since it is one of the many things I kept going back and forth with ha ha ha.

I will definitely post more pics once I get the ring...

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Everything about your ring... The yellow good, prongs, the satin finish and the sweeping outline, all beautiful.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Saw this in DK’s insta and hoped it belonged to a PSer. It’s a beautiful, elegant design and. Can’t wait to see more pictures!! Congratulations

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
That is SO pretty, and that compliment is from a girl that doesn't prefer solitaires. So unique, warm, and not overdone. Lovely. Congratulations on the engagement- I can't wait to see handshots!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous! I love love the setting and that gorgeous satin finished gold paired with the claw prongs!!! Amazing ring and diamond. Is that 18k or 14k? Love the color

jjdear

Rough_Rock
How gorgeous! I love love the setting and that gorgeous satin finished gold paired with the claw prongs!!! Amazing ring and diamond. Is that 18k or 14k? Love the color

Thank you! It is 14K yellow gold.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see handshots of this beauty!!

jjdear

Rough_Rock
I received the ring in person and was allowed to admire it for the weekend before my SO took it away so he can work on a real proposal.

I will have to say, I was VERY nervous that I wouldn't like it in person, but OMG it is beautiful. I'm so glad with the choices I made, because really I was flying a little blind and just clobbered together design elements from a bunch of different rings when designing with DK, so I did have a lot of concerns. Anyway, I absolutely love it! I love the double prongs, the open profile, the satin gold which really brings out the creaminess of my stone (GIA N), and how elegant and sleek it looks on the hand. I cannot wait to start wearing it everday, and hopefully my gluttony of pics below might serve as help for someone else along the way. :)

Shots in different lighting:
MVIMG_20190921_155506.jpg
IMG_20190922_164729.jpg

IMG_20190922_175950.jpg
IMG_20190922_165539.jpg

Profile shots:
IMG_20190920_190844.jpg IMG_20190922_165618.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_155631.jpg
    IMG_20190921_155631.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 317

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring- looks gorgeous on you!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely! Congratulations!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful! Good luck waiting for the proposal! I'm sure you are on pins and needles!!!

jjdear

Rough_Rock
Its beautiful! Good luck waiting for the proposal! I'm sure you are on pins and needles!!!

I am - but I made my SO wait forever on getting the ring in his hands.. so now it is my turn to play the waiting game.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results