shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC bezel pendant - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So, with any luck my new OEC/transitional diamond, 0.47cts, should be here tomorrow - or if not hopefully very soon after!
36.gif

This stone was always intended as a pendant necklace - and (I''m pretty sure) I''ve decided to go with a bezel.

Thanks to the lovely ladies from Jewels by Erica Grace and their recent gorgeous production of the below cushion bezel pendant, I have a steadfast "inspiration" piece.
Just on a quick sidenote, its an incredible piece, and I hope a PS''er ends up with it! I also want to thank Grace for her generousity in letting me reproduce a similiar design with a local jeweller, I hope it turns out half and nice
emrose.gif
5.gif

So now I just have a couple details to work out though, and I''d love some input. I was going to create a poll, but I though that may be overkill for this, lol..

My main question - to milgrain or not to milgrain ??

This is an antique stone, but I definately want it to be an "everyday" piece. I''m torn whether to add the milgrain and have that distinct "vintage" feel, or just to leave it plain.

The second question - should I have it in two tone gold? I want it to be yellow gold, as thats what I mostly wear, what my ering is etc. But the designer has suggested not to go with a YG bezel with milgrain, as it may look odd - and I think I agree.
So the choices are:
~ all 18K WG, both bezel and chain.
~ all 18K yellow gold, and leave the milgrain off.
~ or, white gold bezel and yellow gold chain.

In all honesty, I am leaning toward the last option, but I couldn''t find pics anywhere of a 2 tone bezel pendant, so I would love to hear what others think
1.gif

Also, if you think a bezel is all wrong and to go prongs or something, I''d love to hear that too!

Thankyou for reading this far,
Pics to follow !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The diamond - sorry about the average pic (it has of course been removed from the halo ring showing in the pic).
As soon as I have it here I will post better photos

trans photo1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
JBEG lovely cushion pendant - pls try to envision as a round (unless of course there are any photoshop whizzes out there keen to change it up, lol)..
pic 1

CushionPendant1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Pic 2

The jeweller is also adding the sizing jump ring on the chain, which I think is a great idea from JBEG..

That does lead me to another query though - should I have it at 16" and 17", or 17" and 18"....?
I do not like necklaces to be tight...but I''m pretty small/short.
Does anyone have pics of longer thin chains they''d like to share..? I''d love to see!
1.gif

CushionPendant4.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
What it *may* look like without the milgrain..

bezel nbr1 round.jpg

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am the one buying that EG pendant so yes, a PS''er did end up with it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
For some background on what my other jewellery looks like, my ering is yellow gold with WG prongs..

DSC00700-edit1.JPG

And the antique AC wedding band I recently bought is being worn as a RHR with stacking rings..

AC%20stack.jpg

Thats pretty much it for regular jewellery, apart from some other Sterling Silver/costume stuff..as you can see there''s a bit of a mix of new and old, which is why I''m torn and need fellow PS''ers help !

Thanks all for reading, looking forward to your opinions
cheers
AJ.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 5:25:40 AM
Author: tradergirl
I am the one buying that EG pendant so yes, a PS'er did end up with it.
Fantastic to hear trader girl !
36.gif

I hope you don't mind me using the EG pics for this....

I can't wait to see your photos when you receive it, pls post a ton!

So, do you have an opinion on the options..?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 5:33:17 AM
I like both styles but if were to be without milgrain (modern) I like a thinner bezel, like the one Tiffany has on their stud earrings.

See the first picture in this thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-low-and-lovely-bezel-set-30tcw-studs.48627/

If it were me though, I''d get milgrain.
Thanks TG ! Ya, that pic was just the closest thing I could find, as it was important to me to not have the larger "mickey ears", which is why I love the design of yours so much
5.gif

In my mind, I *thought* I wanted a thicker bezel, but my jeweller suggested a thinner one, and I''m starting to think you guys are right.
I would love to see some pics of you wearing it when you receive it, as that would be a great help on how the milgrain appears IRL.

Thankyou for your thoughts and link, and congrats on your purchase!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 5:36:52 AM
Here's a really nice two tone bezel. I've been thinking about sending these folks my oec studs and asking for a similar reset on them. Their price is crazy though.

http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=33276
Yes, I love Caleb and James Meyer - but I agree, my quote from them was also a bit scary, lol
5.gif

So in the pic, do they have a WG "rim" and then the remainder of the basket is YG..? Is that how it works..?

Thats actually something I hadn't thought of, thankyou for posting it!
Hrmm..I wonder if that would add more cost though
40.gif

bezel studs.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
With the round pink stone? Yep, that is pretty...but maybe just a lil ornate for everyday wear (for me personally)..
This will, hopefully, be something I can wear to work etc comfortably, and I don''t wear much jewellery..

Thankyou for all the great suggestions TG !
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 5:41:27 AM
Author: arjunajane

Here''s a really nice two tone bezel. I''ve been thinking about sending these folks my oec studs and asking for a similar reset on them. Their price is crazy though.

Yes, I love Caleb and James Meyer - but I agree, my quote from them was also a bit scary, lol
5.gif

So in the pic, do they have a WG ''rim'' and then the remainder of the basket is YG..? Is that how it works..?

Thats actually something I hadn''t thought of, thankyou for posting it!
40.gif
I really like this look
30.gif
30.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another look I like. These folks made my moonstone and diamond bezel pendant and they were great to work with. This pendant seems expensive but remember, the diamond is included. Mine (attached) was far less although I provided the diamond to them.

http://www.evejewelry.com/store/product?productID=20

TGP.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here''s a really nice two tone bezel. I''ve been thinking about sending these folks my oec studs and asking for a similar reset on them. Their price is crazy though.

5.gif

So in the pic, do they have a WG ''rim'' and then the remainder of the basket is YG..? Is that how it works..?

40.gif
I had a bezel set pendant just like this - the inside rim was WG and the outer part was yellow gold and it was on a yellow gold chain. The WG on the inside made the diamond look whiter and it marries the two colors beautifully!

I am sure it would be a bit more money to have it made this way but it is a beautiful look - particularly because you love the yellow gold too. My ering is yellow gold with the platinum prongs so it matched very nicely!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

5.gif

40.gif

AJ, my solitaire necklace was custom made by the jeweler who made my wedding set and I wanted two tone all the way, so he soldered an 18K white gold bezel to a big donuty 19K yellow gold bezel and then mounted an old diamond I had from a previous life. (the stone is horrible, but the pendant looks nice because of his handywork). Then he was going to run a white gold and yellow gold chain through the bezel, but I wanted more of a two tone presence, so he ran two of each through. I''ll taken some photos of it later for you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you want a thin bezel too...I''ll try and get my DH to finally take some pics of my OEC pendant today. It has a very thin tiffany style bezel.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey, thanks everyone for posting! It sounds like the two tone bezel is a winner, yay for TG for suggesting it!
36.gif

I have already emailed my jeweller with the pics, lets see what she has to say..

Thankyou TG for the new suggestion - I''ve seen your moon pendant before and it looks lovely. That one you linked is very pretty, but a bit too ornate for everyday me thinks..

Miss, thankyou for your input - your pendant sounds nice, are there pics anywhere? Also, what length chain do you wear with it?

GG, your one sounds very interesting, I never would''ve thought of 2 chains - would you mind to share what length do you wear your chain, I''m having trouble deciding...I would love to see photos, especially on to see about the chain issue..

NF, I would very much appreciate that ! I will most likely be starting this project this week, so the more pics and definate ideas I have the better. As of yet, I haven''t been able to find a thin round bezel pendant pic that encompasses everything I''m after...its not a huge deal, as the jeweller knows just what I want from E.G''s cushion pics, but always the more the merrier !
May I ask what length you got your chain at?
I would really like to see your pendant
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ideal size is 16 1/2" but something tells me he may have made it a little longer because I wore it with a black turtleneck Friday night. I''ll go and measure........ it''s 17". It looks good around my neck on bare skin or with a white tee, and still fits around a turtleneck. (It''s been really cold here in NY!) I''ve attached a pic of the back where you can tell he soldered a white gold inside bezel to a yellow gold outside bezel. From the front, you really can''t tell that there''s two bezels unless you look very closely. I have to take better pics of the front of the pendant. The ones I took came out very fuzzy.

One thing I can tell you is that I get a LOT of compliments when I wear this piece because of the four mini-curb chains.

IMG_0465.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2008 9:35:04 AM
Author: gemgirl
My ideal size is 16 1/2'' but something tells me he may have made it a little longer because I wore it with a black turtleneck Friday night. I''ll go and measure........ it''s 17''. It looks good around my neck on bare skin or with a white tee, and still fits around a turtleneck. (It''s been really cold here in NY!) I''ve attached a pic of the back where you can tell he soldered a white gold inside bezel to a yellow gold outside bezel. From the front, you really can''t tell that there''s two bezels unless you look very closely. I have to take better pics of the front of the pendant. The ones I took came out very fuzzy.

One thing I can tell you is that I get a LOT of compliments when I wear this piece because of the four mini-curb chains.
I tried to take better pictures but they still came out a little fuzzy.

IMG_0473.JPG

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I asked Ari at Single Stone to create a bezel for my OMC with slightly-heavier-than-usual millegraining. I wanted something to give the stone a little more oomph, while still being very wearable for my casual lifestyle. I LOVE IT!!! I really feel like the millegraining adds to the period-piece feel.

Here''s a link to the thread--which, I''m ashamed to say, I never added neck-shots to (or any other additional photos, for that matter). Hopefully it''ll give you a sense for what it looks like.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-omc-singlestone-pendant.95423/

I adore (i.e. lust after) the EG cushion pendant, too!
30.gif
Tradergirl, can''t wait to hear how much you love it!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t read all the replies- I''m at work!- but here''s what I think.

I realllllly adore the millegrain on OEC bezel pendants. In fact I want one pretty bad myself.

I think a two tone would be what I would do since you are fond of yellow gold; a yellow gold bezel would make a diamond yellower, yes? A co worker of mine wears a diamond bezel pendant with a white gold bezel and yellow gold chain every day, so I am very used to the look and like it. (She only wears yellow gold.) Then I''d have it millegrained, since it''s an OEC and that would look cool. You''d end up with a very classic piece with some very personal touches that would set it apart.

Can''t wait to see it! (And my, yes, that JBEG pendant is killer!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a picture of the pendant I was talking about. It is a bit hard to see the WG inner rim but hopefully you get the idea!

pendant.3.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey again everyone!

Thankyou Gemgirl for doing the pics - the extra chains definately add something to yours, very nice! Thankyou aswell for measuring the length - what you have described is just how I would like mine to sit..

Thankyou Kathy for posting your link, that pendant is verryy pretty ! But yes, shame on you for not doing more pics, bad PS-er, lol !
1.gif

Thanks LGK for adding your thoughts - I'm like 95% sure I will get the milgrain. Just fingers crossed it turns out nice and fine, I have never used this jeweller bafore ! Yes, the JBEG pendant was a total ace
1.gif

Thankyou Miss for doing a photo for me - your pendant is very pretty ! that does help. I'm glad this idea was suggested, as long as it doesn't add a crazy cost I'm pretty sure thats what I will do.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Woot! My Fi just told me the diamond has been delivered this morn, and is waiting for me at home.
36.gif

Can''t wait to knock off work, lol..

I''m so nervous, I hope its nice!
Will make sure to post pics, granted there''s still some sun..

NF, if you''re out there I''d still love to see a pic of your OEC pendant ....
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
NF, if you''re out there I''d still love to see a pic of your OEC pendant ....
1.gif
Yes, I second that. I''d love to see your pendant, NF!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
It''s he-re!

I did a very quick photo shoot, as it was sooo windy, I was scared my lil stone was gonna blow away!
40.gif

I''m very happy, its perfect - that checkerboard transitional look I was after, tiny open culet..very firey..I will have the jeweller confirm the specs tomorrow, but I''m pretty confident. Its very white and very clear, I doubt it will be below the G, VS I was quoted. Just gotta check the ct weight, but as far as I can tell that seems close too..

Pics!

8.12 seven.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results